Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Nike Kobe 11 FTB – April 13 on SNKRS via The Draw (7pm-8pm EDT)

Nike Kobe 11 "Mamba Day" April 13, 10:30pm EDT

Last edited:
Does anyone know if FTL ships shoes out double boxed like NDC?
hahaha. Ever heard of the bag of death??? Well, let me tell ya, it's hit or miss with FTL and their sister sites. I would buy doubles of the same shoe and return it to their brick and mortar to ensure double boxing. I hear they've gotten better, but outside of Jordan's, some "Atomic releases", and a few others on release day, you'd get a beautiful plastic bag where if was big guessing game whether your box wasn't destroyed. Some people don't care, but it bothers the crap out of me. There's a big YMMV caveat to purchasing through FTL, EAS, Champs, and FA. 

Good luck and don't hold your breath. Not saying that to be mean, just being honest. They're some of the worst offenders. They don't read instructions very well either.  I've had my fair share of bad experiences with those companies to say the least.

hahaha. Ever heard of the bag of death??? Well, let me tell ya, it's hit or miss with FTL and their sister sites. I would buy doubles of the same shoe and return it to their brick and mortar to ensure double boxing. I hear they've gotten better, but outside of Jordan's, some "Atomic releases", and a few others on release day, you'd get a beautiful plastic bag where if was big guessing game whether your box wasn't destroyed. Some people don't care, but it bothers the crap out of me. There's a big YMMV caveat to purchasing through FTL, EAS, Champs, and FA. 

Good luck and don't hold your breath. Not saying that to be mean, just being honest. They're some of the worst offenders. They don't read instructions very well either.  I've had my fair share of bad experiences with those companies to say the least.

Yeah just got my X wtk in from footlocker today in a usps bag. Thought the box would be destroyed but since it was shipped from inglewood (25 miles away) the box was fine. But still that was not cool.

Oddly I grew up hating kobe since I grew up in the bay area cheering on the Warriors (when they were terrible). Kobe would light us up 4 times every season for the better part of his 20 year career. Towards the end of his career I've grewn to respect the **** out of him not only as an athlete but a person after seeing him battle injuries and defying all odds. I never thought I would be a fan back then but I can say now I'm a huge fan. He is def the GOAT of his generation.
Same here. It was always tough watching him kill us but at that time many teams beat us regularly. He really is my MJ since I was a bit too young to see MJ in his prime. Never was a Lakers fan but I certainly am a Kobe fan. It will definitely be a bittersweet day tomorrow as I simultaneously watch the Lakers and Warriors games.

mines does it says draw starts at 4:00 pm
It is set to your time zone. Mine says 6 PM (CST).

Same here. It was always tough watching him kill us but at that time many teams beat us regularly. He really is my MJ since I was a bit too young to see MJ in his prime. Never was a Lakers fan but I certainly am a Kobe fan. It will definitely be a bittersweet day tomorrow as I simultaneously watch the Lakers and Warriors games.
Same here. I cant miss dubs making history tomorrow so ill be watching lakers during commercials and prob watch the whole game later.

I mean I'll miss him as a player sure, but man people really put athletes on a pedestal
I think so too but certain athletes definitely deserve it.

Sports and athletics is something universal; anyone no matter what age or race, people can relate to it. People nowadays underestimate the impact athletes have on kids lives. You have athletes like LeBron, KD, Curry, Westbrook.... the list goes on where kids look up to them and say to themselves "Hey, if I work really hard, maybe one day I can be like them and play in the NBA" or whatever sport they want to play.

Kobe was that person to me and millions of other people. No one at the time when I started watching basketball approached the game like Kobe did and not many still do. This guy had the most killer work ethic matched by very few in sports let alone the NBA. A student of the game always perfecting his craft day in and day out. This is the kind of stuff that people don't forget about, kids like me would try to emulate it and bring it our very own lives.

Do I put Kobe on a pedestal? Yeah I most definitely do and today will be a sad day because for many of us, our favorite player, will no longer play after these four quarters. A one of kind, once in a generation type player.

I always get a kick out of when people are going for a very hyped shoe for the first time ever and ask like how are footlocker or Nike for releases? They are just completely innocent and oblivious to the chaos that will ensue haha. Preview to them in a couple hours
tumblr_mzz35vbCwb1rethtco1_500.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom