Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
that cover is fire 
pimp.gif

I'm so hyped about Mamba Day, that I must watch out to not spend too much money on Kobe stuff today 
eyes.gif

Not looking good so far and it's just 2pm here 
roll.gif

So I had an absolutely terrible start to Mamba Day. I called every store in NYC yesterday to see if any would have the FTB XI physically in stock. Every place was doing lottery/raffle. But House of Hoops in Brooklyn was, according to a woman I spoke with on the phone, NOT doing a raffle. She tells me I should get there around 7:30 AM since the store opens at 8 AM and it's first come first serve. I've never camped for a shoe before, but this is the all-time holy grail for me. So I live in Harlem, and leave at 2 AM to arrive at 3 AM. No one is there. I sleep on the floor until 7:30 AM in the freezing cold. No one else is around. Red flags start to arise. 8 AM rolls around. No one is there. The store is not open. I sit around for another hour. 9 AM rolls by and a store associate comes by. I tell him I'm in line for the FTB XI and he says they did a raffle yesterday and they're all sold out already. Also said that the stores don't open until 10 AM. Perhaps I'm an idiot for believing this woman who I spoke with at House of Hoops. But I did call back three times yesterday to ensure the information was consistent - perhaps it was her who answered the phone each time, providing me with this wrong info. Anyways, sorry for the rant. I'm venting while waiting for my train back to Harlem. To the woman who gave me this information, either erroneously or out of malice -- I hope you know you ruined this day for me.

Copped...

So I can rest easy for the remainder of the day. Haven't bought a Kobe since the While/Carolina/Navy 2K4 12yrs ago. Its great to have friends everywhere so you can ship to them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom