Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Thats a hard question to answer but in simple terms maybe. 
lol this NYC757 dude, nothing but love but all do respect let the players using specific models everyday for the rigorous pounding practices and games bring spread personal knowledge preach to the rec users, when it's all said and done to each their own

My logic/reasoning is what caused BOTH ankles to roll. There's no outrigger on the Kyries. The way I play, the Kyries don't withhold the pressure I put on them laterally. The kobes do. It may work for another player but didn't for me. That's a fact, not sure how you even have a response to 'reasoning' of MY shoes and MY playing style.

Not saying the Kyrie 1 had an engineering flaw but the Kobe has more extras, like the outrigger, that make it cost more. You're acting as if you're surprised that a $100 shoe didn't hold up as well as a $200 shoe did. I assumed that would be expected!
Basketball is a lateral sport so everyone plays just like you. 

lol this NYC757 dude, nothing but love but all do respect let the players using specific models everyday for the rigorous pounding practices and games bring spread personal knowledge preach to the rec users, when it's all said and done to each their own

This X1Million

Basketball is a lateral sport so everyone plays just like you. 

So untrue, the more you say the more I assume you don't play at all let alone in these Kobes. So by your logic, a 60 y/o plays the same way I do simply because 'basketball is a lateral sport'? Are you listening to yourself?

Last edited:
Theres nothing technical about what youve posted just like the other guy. 

Your approach is too simplistic and not really worth it. 

Anyways, back to the shoes... already played in my Tinkers, looking forward to the Parker release so I can do the same in those.

Theres nothing technical about what youve posted just like the other guy. S

Simplistic? I'm spitting facts bro but OK that's fine coming from a guy who hasn't discovered Google to look up USW to saying everyone plays the same because it's lateral easily clarifies you don't touch a court, the lack of intelligence coming from your brain to your finger tips makes everyone reading want to hit their heads on a wall I'm done with you stick to 2K, nothing but respect good day sir =]

Last edited:
Anyways, back to the shoes... already played in my Tinkers, looking forward to the Parker release so I can do the same in those.
Tinkers look good in hand? I keep debating, I rotate my asg Achilles last emp and ID all Stars love the puffy tongue on the asg

So untrue, the more u say the more I assume u don't play at all let alone in these Kobes. So by your logic, a 60 y/o plays the same way I do simply because 'basketball is a lateral sport'? Are you listening to yourself?
What are you 10? Obviously a 60 yr old wont the lateral force a man in his 20s because physics wont allow it, dont play dumb thats not a good look. 

Ive played basketball for 25 yrs (38 now). I mostly play now in leagues in NYC that have some street ballers to DI rejects. 

Like I said you guys are too technical without having a technical background, so it makes you look like a dumb jock. 

Good luck on your future endeavors 

I dont own any of the other models but I havent seen that on any KB FK based shoes. 

Interesting, can you provide the Nike cut sheet on this hyperfuse? 
...You can feel it on the shoe. If you feel a pair of Flyknit runners or trainers it's just one layer. If you feel a pair of Flyknit Kobes, you can feel the layer of Hyperfuse underneath the Flyknit.

Theres nothing technical about what youve posted just like the other guy. S

Simplistic? I'm spitting facts bro but OK that's fine coming from a guy who hasn't discovered Google to look up USW to saying everyone plays the same because it's lateral easily clarifies you don't touch a court, the lack of intelligence coming from your brain to your finger tips makes everyone reading want to hit their heads on a wall I'm done with you stick to 2K, nothing but respect good day sir =]
says the guy who cant even use the quote function on a msg board 
laugh.gif

...You can feel it on the shoe. If you feel a pair of Flyknit runners or trainers it's just one layer. If you feel a pair of Flyknit Kobes, you can feel the layer of Hyperfuse underneath the Flyknit.
it's actually just lots of glue might as well have just used fuse though

What are you 10? Obviously a 60 yr old wont the lateral force a man in his 20s because physics wont allow it, dont play dumb thats not a good look. 

Ive played basketball for 25 yrs (38 now). I mostly play now in leagues in NYC that have some street ballers to DI rejects. 

Like I said you guys are too technical without having a technical background, so it makes you look like a dumb jock. 

Good luck on your future endeavors 

Then don't make such a bland and ignorant comment. You said everyone plays like me simply because the sport is lateral. So does a 20 y/o junior college player play the same as Kobe did at 20? Hell no! Everybody DOES NOT play the same therefore u can't expect every player to have the same experience with the same shoe. It's really that simply. Not sure how else you want me to put it. Honestly bro, you're coming off real dumb, please stick to giving us release dates and color codes.

Last edited:
Ive never felt that on any of mine. Ive removed the upper from a few KB9s and KBXI. 

The weave on runners is completely different than KB FKs so not a good comparison. 

Are you talking about adhesive? 

Then don't make such a bland and ignorant comment. You said everyone plays like make simply because the sport is lateral. So does a 20 y/o junior college player play the same as Kobe did at 20? Hell no! Everybody DOES NOT play the same therefore u can't expect every player to have the experience with the same shoe. It's really that simply. Not sure how else you want me to put it. Honestly bro, you're coming off real dumb, please stick to giving us release dates and color codes.
facts

Lol...does Andrew Bogut at age 20 play the same as Kyrie at age 20. There's different styles of play man..

Tinkers look good in hand? I keep debating, I rotate my asg Achilles last emp and ID all Stars love the puffy tongue on the asg

Stopped by my local Nike outlet today wearing my Tinkers and some random older lady walked by and said, 'Oooh those are nice' haha. I just looked at my wife and smiled, she knows what's up.

Last edited:
I gave sizing tips to a little kid and his mother today buying the Achilles, never felt so helpful before [emoji]128514[/emoji]

Stopped by my local Nike outlet today wearing my Tinkers and some random older lady walked by and and said, 'Oooh those are nice' haha. I just looked at my wife and smiled, she knows what's up.
haha nice! My wife copped the asg and my son the easters, any colorways there minus the Achilles and asg at that outlet?

I gave sizing tips to a little kid and his mother today buying the Achilles, never felt so helpful before [emoji]128514[/emoji]

That's a good deed my friend haha.

haha nice! My wife copped the asg and my son the easters, any colorways there minus the Achilles and asg at that outlet?

They only had the Eulogy. Not a fan of purple, plus I'm waiting on the Parkers. Was actually there to return a pair of trainers. Finally decided to try a pair and my boys said, 'Dad those are ugly' haha. So they got returned. They're used to me wearing kobes.

Last edited:
Ive never felt that on any of mine. Ive removed the upper from a few KB9s and KBXI. 

The weave on runners is completely different than KB FKs so not a good comparison. 

Are you talking about adhesive? 
No, when you feel a pair of trainers or runners, it's just 1 layer of Flyknit. When you feel a pair of Kobes, there's another layer underneath the Flyknit.

Then don't make such a bland and ignorant comment. You said everyone plays like make simply because the sport is lateral. So does a 20 y/o junior college player play the same as Kobe did at 20? Hell no! Everybody DOES NOT play the same therefore u can't expect every player to have the experience with the same shoe. It's really that simply. Not sure how else you want me to put it. Honestly bro, you're coming off real dumb, please stick to giving us release dates and color codes.
When you take course in physics or any basic engineering course you PM me. My point was the stress you put on a shoe is nowhere near what the shoe is designed for so your no different than the avg user of the shoe. The basic principle in designing any product is to design 120% of what the potential is. Like I said your not technical enough to understand it which is OK for me.  

Back
Top Bottom