Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Finally came in!!
nthat.gif
 Time to put them on and go hoop in them. 

laugh.gif
 Just playing. You got a case for those??

I like what I like lol
Honestly not a fan of the design of the earlier models. They were more on the bball sneaker side and not causal. The later models were the perfect blend IMO

I don't give two ***** about how Kobes look for casual wear. I'll only ever wear them for basketball either way so all I care about is how they perform and look for that.

mean.gif
 UNDSed the Bruce Lees for a hoop session tonight and the traction is not good on these. Played indoors. The soles on the Bruce Lees are dust magnets 
frown.gif
. I play in my Kobe 10s and never have to wipe once. Whereas the Kobe 11 BLs I had to wipe often just to get some hint of traction. I like to stop on a dime off the dribble or change directions while driving to the bucket, but having no traction makes that damn near impossible - so I just ended up taking spot up jumpers most of the night. And defense is also a ***** to play with no traction. These shoes feel good, but the performance is very disappointing. 

Oh and the cherry on top, not even 20 minutes into the night some guy and his heavy foot stepped on my entire shoe and left some marks on the bright yellow flyknit!! 
mad.gif
 How can I clean the shoe? Looks like I'm gonna have to restrict these to casual wear only so I wanna clean the marks he left on the flyknit 
frown.gif

Last edited:

mean.gif
 UNDSed the Bruce Lees for a hoop session tonight and the traction is not good on these. Played indoors. The soles on the Bruce Lees are dust magnets 
frown.gif
. I play in my Kobe 10s and never have to wipe once. Whereas the Kobe 11 BLs I had to wipe often just to get some hint of traction. I like to stop on a dime off the dribble or change directions while driving to the bucket, but having no traction makes that damn near impossible - so I just ended up taking spot up jumpers most of the night. And defense is also a ***** to play with no traction. These shoes feel good, but the performance is very disappointing. 

Oh and the cherry on top, not even 20 minutes into the night some guy and his heavy foot stepped on my entire shoe and left some marks on the bright yellow flyknit!! 
mad.gif
 How can I clean the shoe? Looks like I'm gonna have to restrict these to casual wear only so I wanna clean the marks he left on the flyknit 
frown.gif

Solid outsoles perform better from what I hear. I haven't seen a reviewer have any luck with the clear outsole models like the bruce lees. 

Solid outsoles perform better from what I hear. I haven't seen a reviewer have any luck with the clear outsole models like the bruce lees. 
Yeah seems like it. But I'm not going to drop 2 bills just to test it for myself 
laugh.gif
 Gonna have to put these in my casual wear rotation. 

Anybody know how to clean the flyknit?! First night wearing them and they got stomped on 
mad.gif
 Wouldn't mind if I was gonna keep these for hooping. But the performance just isn't where I need it to be to keep it in the hoop rotation. 

Last edited:
Yeah seems like it. But I'm not going to drop 2 bills just to test it for myself :lol:  Gonna have to put these in my casual wear rotation. 

Anybody know how to clean the flyknit?! First night wearing them and they got stomped on >:  Wouldn't mind if I was gonna keep these for hooping. But the performance just isn't where I need it to be to keep it in the hoop rotation. 
Crep cure

I see a lot of people recommend Jason Markk cleaner. I gotta ask though, would using water and a toothbrush damage the flyknit on the Kobe 11 since it's not pure flyknit? Still kinda heated that they got stomped on during my first wear >:
Jason markk is better but it's also very harsh and can discolor. Meaning it will look like you cleaned it. The crew cure kit at Footlocker's and other shoe stores include a soft bore brush that won't harm flyknit.

A mild tooth brush and water would work. Or try hot water and a micro fiber cloth

Jason markk is better but it's also very harsh and can discolor. Meaning it will look like you cleaned it. The crew cure kit at Footlocker's and other shoe stores include a soft bore brush that won't harm flyknit.

A mild tooth brush and water would work. Or try hot water and a micro fiber cloth
Yeah, I just wanna tread carefully since I've only worn it once - I don't wanna ruin it. 

Yeah, I just wanna tread carefully since I've only worn it once - I don't wanna ruin it. 
I used baby shampoo a soft tooth brush with water, have a cup with some water Make sure the brush is wet put a little dab of shampoo on brush and scrub in mini circles worked amazing for my white horses, i will try all free and clear when they get mad stained in court to see if it's better but baby shampoo is very delicate

:smh:  UNDSed the Bruce Lees for a hoop session tonight and the traction is not good on these. Played indoors. The soles on the Bruce Lees are dust magnets :frown: . I play in my Kobe 10s and never have to wipe once. Whereas the Kobe 11 BLs I had to wipe often just to get some hint of traction. I like to stop on a dime off the dribble or change directions while driving to the bucket, but having no traction makes that damn near impossible - so I just ended up taking spot up jumpers most of the night. And defense is also a ***** to play with no traction. These shoes feel good, but the performance is very disappointing. 

Oh and the cherry on top, not even 20 minutes into the night some guy and his heavy foot stepped on my entire shoe and left some marks on the bright yellow flyknit!! >:  How can I clean the shoe? Looks like I'm gonna have to restrict these to casual wear only so I wanna clean the marks he left on the flyknit :frown:  

I guess it just depends on the person and what type of traction they like, I love playing in my BLs, and I also love playing in my BHMs. I'm a quicker type guard and the traction has never been a problem for me.

My multicolored 10s tho.....ughhhh, can't stand the traction on those.......it's not horrible, but it ain't good either :lol:

I balled in my BLs on a clean court after wearing the shoe casually for more than 20 times. I did not clean the bottoms and traction was superb for me. I was able to cut and stop on a dime without slipping. It must be the court since its cleaned everyday with those polishing machines that look like a zamboni. Lucky me I guess.

I balled in my BLs on a clean court after wearing the shoe casually for more than 20 times. I did not clean the bottoms and traction was superb for me. I was able to cut and stop on a dime without slipping. It must be the court since its cleaned everyday with those polishing machines that look like a zamboni. Lucky me I guess.
agreed my Bl stick to clean and mildly dusty like glue, all my 11s do except the pair of emperors I sold idk why

Yeah seems like it. But I'm not going to drop 2 bills just to test it for myself :lol:  Gonna have to put these in my casual wear rotation. 

Anybody know how to clean the flyknit?! First night wearing them and they got stomped on >:  Wouldn't mind if I was gonna keep these for hooping. But the performance just isn't where I need it to be to keep it in the hoop rotation. 
My 4 year old daughter steps on my BL all the time and it leaves a dark brown impression on the flyknit. I use these baby wipes from Costco to wipe the flyknit clean. It may look like it's discolored at first because the flyknit appears a little darker once it's wet but as soon as it dries, it goes back to the original color. I've wiped it at least 5 times. On one occasion, she was stepping on my BLsView media item 2114105 on purpose because she thought it was funny. Lol.

The traction on the translucent outsoles are not all the same for some strange reason. The BL traction is the worst traction so I've limited them to casual as well. I was pleasantly surprised with the traction from the Eulogies and All Stars, both of which have translucent outsoles. The Eulogies have clear translucent and the All stars have clear mixed with black and mint green solids on the surface in contact with the ground. I wonder if it's only the dark translucent outsoles like in BLs, Achilles or Sunsets? I haven't hooped in the Achilles or Sunsets so I can't confirm. Can anyone verify if the traction is good on Achilles or Sunsets or any dark translucent outsoles?

Back
Top Bottom