Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Congratulations!

How much did it cost you to get both signed? How was the process? Please tell us more!
wink.gif
So on May 2nd I sent an e-mail wanting to get these signed. They didn't respond right away so I called. ( They also rarely answer the phone) After back n forth contact I was able to send them out May 11th. The guy I dealt with Eric. He would always keep me updated and let me know when Kobe was coming in and If my shoes would get signed or not. They finally got signed around July 15th and I received them on July 26th. The price was 550 which I think is totally worth it, especially for both shoes signed! If anyone wants the guy that helped me let me know!

nthat.gif
 Time to put them on and go hoop in them. 

laugh.gif
 Just playing. You got a case for those??
I have something cool in mind. Would like to put a few signed shoes in a big case! Pics will come when complete 

Yeah seems like it. But I'm not going to drop 2 bills just to test it for myself 
laugh.gif
 Gonna have to put these in my casual wear rotation. 

Anybody know how to clean the flyknit?! First night wearing them and they got stomped on 
mad.gif
 Wouldn't mind if I was gonna keep these for hooping. But the performance just isn't where I need it to be to keep it in the hoop rotation. 
i've been using angelus cleaner w/ jason markk premium brush with pretty good success for my shoes with knitted uppers. the bristles are soft and wont tear up the knit. I've also haven't noticed any discoloration or anything either.

Last edited:

mean.gif
 UNDSed the Bruce Lees for a hoop session tonight and the traction is not good on these. Played indoors. The soles on the Bruce Lees are dust magnets 
frown.gif
. I play in my Kobe 10s and never have to wipe once. Whereas the Kobe 11 BLs I had to wipe often just to get some hint of traction. I like to stop on a dime off the dribble or change directions while driving to the bucket, but having no traction makes that damn near impossible - so I just ended up taking spot up jumpers most of the night. And defense is also a ***** to play with no traction. These shoes feel good, but the performance is very disappointing. 

Oh and the cherry on top, not even 20 minutes into the night some guy and his heavy foot stepped on my entire shoe and left some marks on the bright yellow flyknit!! 
mad.gif
 How can I clean the shoe? Looks like I'm gonna have to restrict these to casual wear only so I wanna clean the marks he left on the flyknit 
frown.gif

Haven't played in translucent 11s so I can't relate but the solid soled pairs have been pretty good to me on court

On another note, I can't understand how you use the kobe X as your standard for traction. Me and my little bro found the traction on the X to be absolutely abysmal (although I love the X for casual wear)

Last edited:
Balled in my Bruce Lees about 10 times and have never had any issues with traction. My courts are semi clean (24 hr fitness). Kobe 11s are an amazing performer on court. I've still yet to try out the full length zoom. Hopefully they release an MC so I can swap em out.

I would love for $160. Seems like a "decent" price point. Obviously we're conditioned to think it's decent but it's more palatable then $200

Balled in my Bruce Lees about 10 times and have never had any issues with traction. My courts are semi clean (24 hr fitness). Kobe 11s are an amazing performer on court. I've still yet to try out the full length zoom. Hopefully they release an MC so I can swap
I've balled in my Bruce Lee XIs at least fifteen times and I also ball at 24 Hour Fitness with semi-clean courts but they do get dusty because people  coming in wearing their kicks from the outside.  Never had any slippage and I'm a bigger guy that runs hard and cuts hard.  Love the support in them.

I also love playing in the Xs; don't normally slip, but I did last night.  That was my own fault for turning my foot inwards to where something like a Kyrie 2 (with side tread) would have stopped me from doing the splits.  Luckily, I stretch so didn't get hurt and was able to bounce back.  No crotch injury.  Phew!

Last edited:

Haven't played in translucent 11s so I can't relate but the solid soled pairs have been pretty good to me on court

On another note, I can't understand how you use the kobe X as your standard for traction. Me and my little bro found the traction on the X to be absolutely abysmal (although I love the X for casual wear)
Maybe it's cause my Kobe X is an ID with the gum sole. Maybe gum sole has better traction?

Last edited:
I had no problem with the Kobe 10 traction at all. I found it weird that the shoe rarely (if ever) squeaked. The only complaint I would have with the 10 traction is that if the floor was wet at all from someone falling or sweat, that they turned into ice skates.

I had no problem with the Kobe 10 traction at all. I found it weird that the shoe rarely (if ever) squeaked. The only complaint I would have with the 10 traction is that if the floor was wet at all from someone falling or sweat, that they turned into ice skates.
You're right, my 10s never squeak either, but the traction is great 
nerd.gif
 No sliding at all and the grooves doesn't allow it to pick up dust.  But with the 11s the dust gets stuck in the grooves and wiping won't help that. 

Last edited:
This is true for the Kobe IXs as well. I was driving to the basket hard one time and tried to stop on a dime to pull up for a jumper and my feet just fell from under me. I literally felt like I was on an ice skating rink. I was lucky I didn't end up with a fractured elbow or wrist. I inspected the floor to see what I slipped from and it was sweat droplets from one of the dudes. I walked away with some road rash and fortunately not even a sprain.

Talked to my friend who works at FL and believe it or not, people are buying the 3Ds.  He 'claims' they look pretty good in person.

Anyone on here buy?

Why would someone want to wear polka dots on their feet. I will never understand that. But to each their own.

Lebrons dropping to $175, will the Kobe's receive the same treatment?
XIV will be $200 and XII will be $160 ( Dont have all info on the model but Im pretty sure thats not the XII Elite aka FK price) 

Talked to my friend who works at FL and believe it or not, people are buying the 3Ds.  He 'claims' they look pretty good in person.

Anyone on here buy?
Did they include the glasses in the box 
nerd.gif
laugh.gif

XIV will be $200 and XII will be $160 ( Dont have all info on the model but Im pretty sure thats not the XII Elite aka FK price)

Why does this confuse me? So the Kobe 12 non elite will be $160 in other words there won't be a price drop for Flyknit kobes?

Why does this confuse me? So the Kobe 12 non elite will be $160 in other words there won't be a price drop for Flyknit kobes?
Not sure I guess just read it again. 

Yes the non elite will be 160; I didnt say the elite will be 200 just saying what I know....maybe there wont be a FK Kobe XII 
nerd.gif

Back
Top Bottom