Official Kobae XI thread

Pale horse vs Ghost of Christmas past

• Pale Horse

Votes: 19 86.4%
  • GOCP

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
I went to a foot locker I rarely go to. I asked the employee if all kobe 11 were $99. He said they are are regular price. I said the foot locker and HoH near me are all $99.

He said he didn't know why I asked why they're full price. Wasn't gonna buy any, but interesting to see some spots sell these at full pop.
Did the he actually scan the shoes on the computer and it showed up as full price or did he just say the it was full price? Believe it or not, some employees do not know which ones are on sale. For example, a few weeks back, I went to FL at Valley Fair in San Jose, CA and asked if they had my size in the Kobe XI USA since they were on sale for $119 at that time but the shoes on display were NOT marked down. The store employee checked in the back and they had it. Before he rang it up, I asked him how much they were and he said $200. I said "you sure, aren't they on sale?" and he said "nope, full price". Then I insisted that he scan or ring up the shoes and he did and it rang up for $119. Then he said "ima pick up a pair." Lol. I've encountered several instances where the shoes were not marked down at a particular store but once scanned then they're actually on sale.

Unfortunately, the only way to preserve them is to not wear them. I haven't figured out a way and if someone knows of a good way to preserve shoes while still wearing them, please share. I only know how to clean the sides or sidewalls of the outsoles but not the bottom of the outsoles that's in direct contact with the ground. For the sides, I use baby wipes that I fold up into a tiny square. It takes around 1 min per shoe to clean. I try to wipe down the bottom too but it stays discolored (brownish/yellowish) even tho it's wiped clean. All my Kobes with white outsoles, the sides still look as new as when I first got them.

I just use a drop or two of my laundry detergent (Wisk) and this for the outsoles and midsoles.  The results are great!  Depending on the shoe's material, I also use it for the upper:

I have the old Champs version, but it's the same brush.  Highly effective.

Was fortunate to get in to the es in beaverton. They had the christmas pair in literally every size but 13!! Dissapointed but it wasn't meant to be.

Last edited:
Did the he actually scan the shoes on the computer and it showed up as full price or did he just say the it was full price? Believe it or not, some employees do not know which ones are on sale. For example, a few weeks back, I went to FL at Valley Fair in San Jose, CA and asked if they had my size in the Kobe XI USA since they were on sale for $119 at that time but the shoes on display were NOT marked down. The store employee checked in the back and they had it. Before he rang it up, I asked him how much they were and he said $200. I said "you sure, aren't they on sale?" and he said "nope, full price". Then I insisted that he scan or ring up the shoes and he did and it rang up for $119. Then he said "ima pick up a pair." Lol. I've encountered several instances where the shoes were not marked down at a particular store but once scanned then they're actually on sale.
heres all you can do:
  • Sole protectors (don't last long)
  • low-tac plastic tape over the insole insignia
  • don't walk in moisture or dirt, stick to sealed smooth surfaces
  • clean the sole after every use to remove stains
  • don't let anything get on the flyknit as is stains permanently and scrubbing starts to pull up the thread.
  • in general be super gentle
Its much easier to buy one to rock n' one to stock

Last edited:
So crazy story! I bought a pair of Kobe XI FTB on that Goat app for $280.00 used without the box a few days ago. I'm waiting to get them to authenticated and I will wear them.. Hoping they look great in person.

All the Elites that were on sale for $99 at Foot Locker are now $129 and the EMs are $119 at my local FL. I thought they were gonna leave it at $99 since the ADs have already released.

I'm still salty about the two pairs that I ordered that I ended up not owning-the Barcas and the Black Horse. The Barcas were either lost or stolen in front of my house and the Black Horse came in the wrong size. Both pairs were not available in my size when I went back to the store to re-order. Smh.

Everywhere else price going up to 119$??? Want to order another pair with my bd coupon but the one near me put 119$ on and the kd too.

I suspected that this sale wouldn't last long. Last Saturday I had to choose between the Parker XIs and the blue KD9s. I really wanted the KDs, but the savings was greater on the XIs, plus the KDs will likely still be there down the line.

Same thing happened with the red horse a while back. From now on with these instore price drops, scoop while you can. I copped black horses and barcelonas, thinking the innovations will sit longer.

Well the $99 sale at the Footlocker & HOH ended yesterday. Back to regular price.

Congrats to those who picked up some fantastic buys

Last edited:
Same thing happened with the red horse a while back. From now on with these instore price drops, scoop while you can. I copped black horses and barcelonas, thinking the innovations will sit longer.

Still kicking myself for missing the sale on the Red Horses.
By the time I got around to having an employee stock locate them for me my size was sold out

I just use a drop or two of my laundry detergent (Wisk) and this for the outsoles and midsoles.  The results are great!  Depending on the shoe's material, I also use it for the upper:

View media item 2299999

I have the old Champs version, but it's the same brush.  Highly effective.

I prefer Dawn especially if you have a little tar or grease

Back
Top Bottom