Official Kodak Black Thread: Kodak is Home

Off The Land  just floats

Rode all the way home playing that on repeat

It just floats!

On Patty Cake right now.  It's not bad, but a lot of the songs have this pop album sound to it.

Hoping the second half is much better.

Totally agree.

The intro is fire. Surprisingly the song with Future is hot. I like the relationship songs on here. Lil' Bill did well on those but the rest are okay.

After 3 listens this really is a solid album in my opinion.

At first I disagreed with the sentiment of the second half being better because there isn't a single song I didn't like from the first 9, and there are 4-5 very strong songs in there; but now I agree that it has the edge.

EDIT: "Side ___" is hilarious, man :lol:

Last edited:
The album is straight. But his style has obviously changed and it's not for the better. The whole album he sounds slurred. His ambition and I'm on freestyle are still probably his 2 greatest songs. Hopefully he can get back on that.

institution is his best work to date..lil big pac was more commercial but the whole cd rides...the new joint sound weird to me..

Last edited:
I don't think it's changed since Institution but when you listen to Project Baby he has kinda dumbed it down. I **** with this but I wish he wouldn't use that slurred druggie flow so much.

That's why some people put him in that Yachty group. They hear the ****** flow and get turned off. At the same time a lot HS kids and early 20 somethings like that. I would prefer if it he always rapped like he did on Day for Day.

im 20 and love the booted sluggish flow

its how hes able to fit content in while still being catchy

its his sauce that separates him

Last edited:
That's why some people put him in that Yachty group. They hear the ****** flow and get turned off. At the same time a lot HS kids and early 20 somethings like that. I would prefer if it he always rapped like he did on Day for Day.
That Broward County accent be sounding sooooooooooo foreign to me I can't even really differentiate between that and the slurring. 
laugh.gif

Dumbed down is the perfect way to describe it. Listen to brutal youngin, I'm on, his verse in 4th quarter with koly p, especially ambition. And then you listen to this and it's a big difference.

sick.gif
eek.gif
mean.gif

Should have dropped
"My struggle"
i think the backlash he got from the "Ion  want no black *****" made him put it on the shelf
Makes sense, I thought he was bold asf for it initially but that line catchy as hell
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by RBK93  ​
Better than Institution and Lil Big Pac?​
 ​
Not better than Institution but on the same pedigree as Lil Big Pac​
Lil Big Pac was watered down and had minimal replay value IMO... this joint real real solid to me but agreed, even combined they aren't sniffing Institution.

Last edited:
he should just change the my struggle line like he changed the "i get any girl i want i aint gotta rape" line in tunnel vision

I wish he did too, but he went and rhymed the next 2-3 lines with it so they probably said **** it :smh: :lol:

Here's a SoundCloud link for anyone that doesn't care about sound quality (that download option doesn't work anymore it seems, you'd have to run the link through a different downloader):

Just bc it don't look like the bricks don't mean it ain't the jungle. A lot of our hoods down here look like that but you don't wanna be caught up in there when the sun go down if you don't know nobody

Rougher parts of Miami
I wouldn't consider that the best measuring stick but okay.

This is easily top 3 project of 17' so far. 

You ain't never hit no fuggin' lick, you ain't got no bread
All my n_'s be on go, they act like they ain't got no head
Like my bishes red, money same color as a pool.. You a damn fool

How you outchea, you ain't got no loot

pimp.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom