OFFICIAL LA CLIPPERS 2012-2013 SEASON THREAD (Playoffs v. Memphis, Lost 4-2; Offseason thread comin

Took a long time to figure out that DJ is damn near useless outside of dunking. He really doesn't even shot block and rebound like he should. :smh:

And that is a much, much better on-ball defender.

Took a long time to figure out that DJ is damn near useless outside of dunking. He really doesn't even shot block and rebound like he should. :smh:

I don't think we really need another post scorer that does it all. Blake is already developing in to that kind of player. We just need him to be better on the defensive end which is where he gets a big :x :smh: . Dude has the athletic abilities to go with the best of them but needs to develop the mindset and IQ to be a better defender.

Like it's been mentioned before, if we can get a Tyson Chandler-esque type of play out of him we would be good. Also gotta hit his FTs.

The majority of the roster should be expendable outside of Griffin/Paul/Crawford.
Only reserves I'd like to see return are Barnes/Odom/Bledsoe oh and we need a new HC.

Last edited:
The majority of the roster should be expendable outside of Griffin/Paul/Crawford.
Only reserves I'd like to see return are Barnes/Odom/Bledsoe oh and we need a new HC.

Agreed. I wouldn't mind Green coming back either. But we need to upgrade at at least one of the wing positions, whether its the 2 or 3. And the 5 for sure.
In order of priority, my off season wishes are: (1) re-sign CP; (2) hire a better HC; (3) upgrade at C; and (4) upgrade at either SG, SF or both, if possible. A lot to ask, but if we just manage the 1st two, I'll be satisfied.

Granger or Ariza, S Brown or Mayo, etc just to name a few

Al Jefferson or Milsap would be nice additions as well.

Last edited:
Bledsoe for Granger? I'm not sure how you Clips fans would value that, but it actually seems like a realistic trade...

DJ sucks. He's useless in this series. I really hope we upgrade at center in the off season.

Co-Sign X 10,000,000 (DJ's salary)

Defensive presence? Nope

Post offensive player? Nope

50% FT pct? Nope

Dunks, put backs, rebounds is all he is good for. I was a big fan of his but after seeing how ineffective this guy is... he is a waste of cap space. Can't even play in the 4th qtr cause he can't shoot Free Throws.. how many games did the Clips lose this year due to Hack-DJ? Seeing Gasol and Zbo dominate him all game yesterday was just sickening.

If Clippers lose next game... CLEAN HOUSE! G Hill, E Bledsoe, Odom, Turiaf, Billups, DJ, Barnes needs to go!

And how Blake gonna get an injury on his off day? Typical Blake just like last summer when dude got hurt in training camp and missed the Olympics. Bone head!

I'd keep bledsoe.

Caron, DJ, Yuriaf, Billups, Green, Hollins, Hill can all go.

Draw up a play for once.

that's the problem. He doesn't know how.

He's faster, cuts better, dare I say, has a prettier pull up and jumper. He's just as smart and knows the plays too. I understand Billups is a vet, but Willie right now is just better. Somebody take Vinny to church :smh:

or start Willie and let Billups close out the games.

If games 3/4 are any indication of how Friday is going to be... :smh:

First things first. Start with VDN. Realistically, who would you guys want?

I would love to have Jerry Sloan, but not sure how feasible that is. I actually tweeted with Peter Vecsey about this and he said it would be highly unlikely. :lol:

Last edited:
^^^ That's the biggest problem I have -- I think about the other guys who might be available, like Nate McMillian, Stan VanGundy, maybe Jeff VanGundy, and none of them excite me all that much. I'd actually be willing to take a chance on somebody untested. Maybe we should give Brian Shaw a shot and hope he turns into the next Mark Jackson. He trained under Phil Jackson and the Lakers players always thought very highly of him. I think he could be good.

Bring back Larry brown lol

Grant Hill needs some more playing time.

VDN needs to go.

BG needs to spend the next 3 summers working on his footwork.

Friday should be interesting

And that is a much, much better on-ball defender.

I don't think we really need another post scorer that does it all. Blake is already developing in to that kind of player. We just need him to be better on the defensive end which is where he gets a big :x :smh: . Dude has the athletic abilities to go with the best of them but needs to develop the mindset and IQ to be a better defender.

Like it's been mentioned before, if we can get a Tyson Chandler-esque type of play out of him we would be good. Also gotta hit his FTs.
We need another option, and a big down low (not Blake) is what we need. I like DJ, he's athletic, and has great energy, but right now I'm thinking Kayman is what we need. He can spread the floor, knock down the mid range, can post up and HIT FTs.

I know to some this sounds dumb, but without Blake Griffin we dont have a second down low option. DJ has been dead *** absent in the playoffs :x

Hollins, DJ, Ronnie, Grant Hill and Billups need to be relieved of there services ASAP. Keep Barnes, Bledsoe, Green, Odom and Willie.

Last edited:
I'd keep bledsoe.

Caron, DJ, Yuriaf, Billups, Green, Hollins, Hill can all go.
agree with all this bro!

My offseason wish list:

Mayo
Granger
A Jefferson/J Collins :lol:

HC: McMillan, Cassell or BShaw (anyone but Vinny)

S Brown, Ariza, Milsap, Okafor are great plan b's.

Last edited:
Reactions: HIM
Wouldn't mind giving Cassell a shot at HC. Shaw might be interesting, too.

I wouldn't want McMillan tho. I may be wrong but I feel like he didn't really have any great offenses strategies with those Blazers teams.

I wouldn't mind Granger or mayo. Jefferson stretching out the defense for Blake to operate on the inside would also be great. Even tho he would give up 30 pts to the guy he's guarding :lol:

Pretty much the only people I NEED them to keep is Bledsoe, CP3 and Blake.

Everyone else is fair game.

Watch us win game 6-7, beat the thunder/rockets and advance to the WCF after all this **** we're talking :lol:

Get rid of DJ. We need a big that can score on more ways than just a dunk.

the clippers should have tried harder to get kg and paul pierce at the trade deadline. i know kg said he wouldnt have lifted his no trade clause but maybe if pierce came with him he would have. should have offered anybody but paul and griffin...

with westbrook done i think a starting line up of kg griffin pierce sg and chris paul would have made it to the finals..

"I talked to a couple of friends of Jerry Sloan's within the past couple of days, he definitely wants to return to coaching, and the other interesting facet is that he wants to coach in the small markets, one similar to Utah, so I think Milwaukee qualifies as that kind of environment," he said in the interview.

LA is a small market like Utah right? :lol: :lol: :wow:

Jerry Sloan news

I was messing around with ESPn Trade Machine

Would this trade make sense?

D'Andre Jordan and Bledsoe for Kevin Love and Malcolm Lee..

I was messing around with ESPn Trade Machine

Would this trade make sense?

D'Andre Jordan and Bledsoe for Kevin Love and Malcolm Lee..

Why would Minnesota want DJ when Pekovic and Rubio are far better players.

Yall just need to get healthy and have DJ and Blake actually focus on getting better this offseason.

Back
Top Bottom