[::OFFICIAL LAKERS 2010-11' SEASON THREAD Vol. It Was Fun While It Lasted::]

Lakers being Lakers

they always have bad losses in the regular season

they always take the regular season lightly

I think they save their energy and intensity for the playoffs, they figure there's no need to be all hyped up over the course of 82 games, they'd rather be fresh and focused for the playoffs.

A lot of teams mentally drain themselves during the regular season and are tired for the playoffs

D12
Blake or Love (whoever we choose)
Ebanks
Mayo
Westbrook

Lakers starting 5 in 2013. 
pimp.gif

Me likey. 
happy.gif

D12
Ebanks
Mayo
Westbrook

pimp.gif

Me likey. 
happy.gif

eek.gif

There will be games that we lose that we should not.  There will be games we should win by 37 and we'll win by 4.  Phil will be caught sleeping on the bench during a game in January.  That's ok.  It's all part of how the REGULAR SEASON works.  The point is, this team is built for the POSTSEASON, and sometimes there will be lulls during that meaningless regular season.  Do not, I repeat, DO NOT FREAK OUT about these occurences.  For the love of Chick Hearn I do not get why people get all rowdy everytime we lose a damn meaningless regular season game on the road, 3rd game in 4 nights on a Tuesday in December.  But every year it happens.  This season, CHILL OUT. 
smokin.gif

Thank you.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
not 3 games in 4 nights, but I got the Tuesday in December part right. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
  Lakers are so predictable. 

eek.gif

There will be games that we lose that we should not.  There will be games we should win by 37 and we'll win by 4.  Phil will be caught sleeping on the bench during a game in January.  That's ok.  It's all part of how the REGULAR SEASON works.  The point is, this team is built for the POSTSEASON, and sometimes there will be lulls during that meaningless regular season.  Do not, I repeat, DO NOT FREAK OUT about these occurences.  For the love of Chick Hearn I do not get why people get all rowdy everytime we lose a damn meaningless regular season game on the road, 3rd game in 4 nights on a Tuesday in December.  But every year it happens.  This season, CHILL OUT. 
smokin.gif

Thank you.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by CP1708

eek.gif

smokin.gif

Thank you.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
CP on point again and shutting down all the constant haters
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i think people tend to forget this is a marathon not a sprint.
nerd.gif

eek.gif

smokin.gif

Thank you.

laugh.gif
roll.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
CP on point again and shutting down all the constant haters
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

i think people tend to forget this is a marathon not a sprint.
nerd.gif

D12
Ebanks
Mayo  [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Steph Curry[/color]
Westbrook

pimp.gif

Me likey. 
happy.gif
Btw, Gasol will retire a Laker .is he hurt opening day 2013?
laugh.gif

D12
Ebanks
Mayo  [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Steph Curry[/color]
Westbrook

pimp.gif

Me likey. 
happy.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by PMatic

I can't be the only one thinking the Lakers will lose Saturday right? Just don't see them getting up to face the Heat. I could be totally wrong though.

i think the lakers are like 1-5 for the last 6 xmas games so its most likely. plus factor in that they are playing horrible right now and kobe is set to debut the kobe VI, its a given they will lose.

if the cavs blew um out last year the heat can do the same.

I can't be the only one thinking the Lakers will lose Saturday right? Just don't see them getting up to face the Heat. I could be totally wrong though.

i think the lakers are like 1-5 for the last 6 xmas games so its most likely. plus factor in that they are playing horrible right now and kobe is set to debut the kobe VI, its a given they will lose.

Originally Posted by NobleKane

honestly i expect a Laker loss every xmas
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by NobleKane

laugh.gif

Kobe usually balls up when hes pissed.. hopefully he stays salty for the next few days and uses it against the Heat
pimp.gif

The Lakers beating the Heat on XMas is truly one present I want

Kobe usually balls up when hes pissed.. hopefully he stays salty for the next few days and uses it against the Heat
pimp.gif

The Lakers beating the Heat on XMas is truly one present I want

westcoastsfinest:
NobleKane:
PMatic:

laugh.gif

To add to this discussion, I'm just going to throw this out there, and then dodge the tomatoes and eggs: I'll remind you guys that I'm the superstitious, and the wway I see it we lose on Xmas... then raise another banner in June.
ohwell.gif
Soooo... yeah.

I mean, I'll definitely be cheering for us to win on Saturday... c'mon, are you serious? Cheer against my team? Never that.
laugh.gif

But if we lose, I'll be thinking 'This just made a title in June a little bit more likely... if you're some superstitious idiot.'

embarassed.gif

westcoastsfinest:
NobleKane:
PMatic:

laugh.gif

To add to this discussion, I'm just going to throw this out there, and then dodge the tomatoes and eggs: I'll remind you guys that I'm the superstitious, and the wway I see it we lose on Xmas... then raise another banner in June.
ohwell.gif
Soooo... yeah.

I mean, I'll definitely be cheering for us to win on Saturday... c'mon, are you serious? Cheer against my team? Never that.
laugh.gif

But if we lose, I'll be thinking 'This just made a title in June a little bit more likely... if you're some superstitious idiot.'

embarassed.gif

We won Christmas day in 08, and won the 09 title.
We lost Christmas day in 09, and win the 10 title. 

Go ahead and put that superstition to rest Ska, it's under control. 
wink.gif

Lesson to learn here folks, the regular season games don't mean @#$%. 
happy.gif
  Once the real season rolls around, it all comes down to matchups, hunger, heart, execution, and health.  If everyone is healthy, and we have 3 seven footers roamin, as well as Kobe, with some shooting out side by the small folk (Fish, Blake, Shannon) and some perimeter D on the wings from Ron and Barnes, with Phil callin the shots, I think we'll do just fine. 
wink.gif
  Let's try not to kill our guys for not being able to rise to the occasion of a "big" game in the same calendar year as a Championship they just celebrated no less then 6 months ago. 

Stay the course........

Repeat Threepeat. 
pimp.gif

wink.gif

happy.gif
  Once the real season rolls around, it all comes down to matchups, hunger, heart, execution, and health.  If everyone is healthy, and we have 3 seven footers roamin, as well as Kobe, with some shooting out side by the small folk (Fish, Blake, Shannon) and some perimeter D on the wings from Ron and Barnes, with Phil callin the shots, I think we'll do just fine. 
wink.gif
  Let's try not to kill our guys for not being able to rise to the occasion of a "big" game in the same calendar year as a Championship they just celebrated no less then 6 months ago. 

Stay the course........

Repeat Threepeat. 
pimp.gif

happy.gif

This. I agree 100% with you. Of course they are important, for entertainment...for seeding...for business purposes. But in the long run, for our championship run in the playoffs...they really dont mean %%#@ lol. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kookcle

D12
Ebanks
Mayo  Steph Cury  Mayo
Westbrook

pimp.gif

Me likey. 
happy.gif
laugh.gif

I was going for people that have ties to the LA area.  Love, Westbrook from UCLA, Blake a current Clipper, Ebanks current, Mayo a USC kid, and Dwight just wants to be part of the Purple and Gold LEGACY.  (legacy Spur fan, legacy, not nice little decade run.  You'll be the Bulls in a year or two 
nerd.gif

So no Steph. 

And Pau, Kobe, Odom, and Artest can come off the bench in 2013 as veteran role guys. 
wink.gif
  (Bynum will be used in the sign and trade to get Dwight and give ORLD a little something back.) 

This job is easy, Mitch, gimme a call, I'll help you out. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Kookcle

D12
Ebanks
Mayo  Steph Cury  Mayo
Westbrook

pimp.gif

Me likey. 
happy.gif
laugh.gif

I was going for people that have ties to the LA area.  Love, Westbrook from UCLA, Blake a current Clipper, Ebanks current, Mayo a USC kid, and Dwight just wants to be part of the Purple and Gold LEGACY.  (legacy Spur fan, legacy, not nice little decade run.  You'll be the Bulls in a year or two 
nerd.gif

So no Steph. 

And Pau, Kobe, Odom, and Artest can come off the bench in 2013 as veteran role guys. 
wink.gif
  (Bynum will be used in the sign and trade to get Dwight and give ORLD a little something back.) 

This job is easy, Mitch, gimme a call, I'll help you out. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

happy.gif

This. I agree 100% with you. Of course they are important, for entertainment...for seeding...for business purposes. But in the long run, for our championship run in the playoffs...they really dont mean %%#@ lol. 
laugh.gif

CP1708:

wink.gif

"My man."

images

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Good looks. Suppose I could have just hopped my happy tail on over to basketballl-reference myself or something, but I was just staying under the impression that the last 2 X-mases were losses while the last 2 Junes were titles.
laugh.gif

CP1708:

wink.gif

"My man."

images

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Good looks. Suppose I could have just hopped my happy tail on over to basketballl-reference myself or something, but I was just staying under the impression that the last 2 X-mases were losses while the last 2 Junes were titles.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom