OFFICIAL LIL WAYNE DEDICATION 4 (NO LIE TRACK FROM D4) DELAYED AGAIN till SEPT 3rd 4pm

Sep 27 2012 8:21 AM EDT 1,981
Lil Wayne Breaks Elvis' Billboard Record
Weezy racks up most chart appearances on Hot 100 with 109.
By Gil Kaufman

We're gonna have to come up with an appropriately regal title for Lil Wayne now. Weezy F. Baby just won't cut it when you surpass the King of Rock and Roll, Elvis Presley, for the record of most Billboard Hot 100 hits.

According to Billboard, thanks to his feature on the new Game song "Celebration," which debuted at #82 this week, Wayne set the new high point for the most Hot 100 entries at 109, passing the 108 posted by the late rock king between 1958 and 2003.

Though the "Glee" cast has totaled 204 entries on the Hot 100 since 2009, Wayne holds the artist title, mostly thanks to his many, many features on other people's songs. In fact, only 39 percent (42) of the rapper's solo hits account for his total, with the other 61 percent (67) made up of his features on songs by pals including Juvenile, Destiny's Child and Birdman. Presley, on the other hand, was listed as the lead artist on all 108 of his chart hits and he still holds the title for most Hot 100 entries by a lead solo artist. For now, he's easily ahead of the artists behind him, which include James Brown (91), Aretha Franklin (73) and Ray Charles (72).

Presley might easily have sealed the crown forever had some of his biggest hits not been released before the Hot 100 chart was established. According to Billboard, Elvis had 31 songs on the pre-Hot 100 chart between 1956 and 1958, including such smashes as "Heartbreak Hotel," "Don't Be Cruel" and "Hound Dog."

Presley's reign lasted from the time the Hot 100 was established on August 4, 1958 through October 4, 2003, while Wayne managed to pass the king's total over 13 years and three months, with his first charting song hitting the week of July 10, 1999, when he was just 18. The recogniation of Wayne's new high-water mark comes on the rapper's 30th birthday, which he is celebrating today. The only other contemporary artist on the list is Jay-Z, who clocked in at #8 with 71 charting singles.

Oct 23 2012 12:28 PM EDT 625
Exclusive: Kanye West Has 'Big Hand' In Lil Wayne's I Am Not A Human Being II
Weezy confirms Kanye West, Juicy J, Cool & Dre, David Banner and Streetrunner as Human Being II producers.
By Rob Markman
With the release date for Lil Wayne's I Am Not a Human Being II fast-approaching, Weezy made a major reveal about the December album. Well, it seemed major to us, but Wayne just kind of glossed over the fact that he will once again be working with Kanye West.

"Production on the album — I got people like Juicy J, Cool & Dre, David Banner on down to uh — I mean it's so many, shoot," the YMCMB boss told MTV News Thursday in Las Vegas.
The "No Worries" rapper took a moment to remember all the hitmakers who will contribute to his upcoming long player before rattling off names like Streerunner and finally 'Ye. "Yeah he got some music on there," Wayne confirmed. "It's crazy, actually I don't want to give too much up but he's got a big hand in the album, you'll see."

West played a part in Wayne's unforgettable 2008 album Tha Carter III, producing "Comfortable" and "Let the Beat Build," and the two have since collaborated on track's like T.I.'s "Swagga Like Us" and Yeezy's "See You In My Nightmares." While there never appeared to be a rift between the two, members of their respective YMCMB and G.O.O.D. Music camps have been jousting on records. Wayne himself threw shots at Pusha T on "Ghoulish" and Pusha recently admitted that he fired a few subliminals at Birdman on G.O.O.D. Music's "new God Flow." Still, none of the rap beef seems to affect Wayne and Kanye's working relationship.

The original Human Being dropped in 2010 while Tunechi was locked down on Riker's Island in New York for his 2007 gun charge. That album hit #1 on the Billboard 200, and with Wayne a free man, this second installment should conceivably be even bigger considering he can actively promote it. The Young Money moneymaker also says fans will notice an increased quality in the music. "The difference between [this] album and the last I Am Not a Human Being would be the music wasn't rushed," Wayne told MTV News on June 16 in Atlanta after he finished performing at Hot 107.9's Birthday Bash. "Last time the music was rushed because I had to take that eight-month vacation on that island so we had rushed the music, but this time we didn't rush the music.

"I paid attention to everything I did," he continued. "You're getting the quality of all my albums: Tha Carter IV, Tha Carter III, the same with this I Am Not A Human Being II. Hope you like it."

Last edited:
This mixtape is awful btw. And I still think it's terrible that Lil Mouse is saying such things at such a young age but this goes :smh:

I mess with No Worries... Its the only track I've played more than once :rofl:

Not counting the J. Cole track since I only listen to it for his verse :lol:

I listened to this tape again and pretended like 2 Chainz wrote all these bars and couldnt help but say "not bad". If 2Chainz put out this tape I would have been putting hats and rolling smileys all over the place. Its filled with hilarious quotables.

No Worries is the worst

Last edited:
Nov 23 2012 7:53 AM EST 4,093
Lil Wayne: Tha Carter V Is 'My Last Album'
But first, Weezy will drop I Am Not a Human Being II on February 19.
By Rob Markman (@RobMarkman) , with reporting by Sway Calloway (@realsway)

Lil Wayne has had a phenomenal run, but after 19 years in the game, the manic rap machine is looking to pull the plug — and it doesn't seem like he's looking back.

Don't be too alarmed: Weezy still has his 10th solo LP, I Am Not a Human Being II, on deck, and on Wednesday, he premiered his brand-new "No Worries" video on MTV alongside correspondent Sway Calloway. When Sway asked about the sonic makeup of Human Being II, Tunechi compared the work to what should be the next chapter in his most famous musical franchise. "It's like a Carter V," he said.

So why not just retitle Human Being II to fit the mood? "Because I know y'all want me around for a little bit, and Carter V is my last album," Weezy revealed. "Man, I've been rappin' since I was 8 years old. I'm 30 now, man. That's a long time, man."

Weezy's next LP will hit shelves February 19, and after that, who knows when Tha Carter V will come or if there will be another album between the two? What's clear is that Wayne has other interests outside the studio, most notably his love for skateboarding and then, of course, there is his TrukFit clothing line. "When I love to do something, I'm fully focused on it and it only. And music sometimes is not that 'it,' " he said.

Weezy put out his first solo album, Tha Block Is Hot, in 1999, but before that, he was cutting his teeth on Cash Money Records as part of the groups Hot Boys and the B.G.'z. If you go on to count his nine solo LPs, four Hot Boys albums, 2006 tag-team album with Birdman (Like Father, Like Son), his 2009 YMCMB compilation (We Are Young Money) and the dizzying number of mixtapes he has dropped, it becomes easier to understand how Wayne may be all rapped out.

"I signed my contract at 11, I went platinum at 14. I'm 30 now. Thank God I haven't put out an album that hasn't went platinum," he said. "To just keep it goin' like that, I think not only am I being greedy, I'm fooling myself to think that it will continue to be that great."

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom