OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Every time I watch the Warriors and I see that, except in blow outs, always have 1 of Steph, Klay or KD (when healthy) in the game, it makes me wonder why we ever play and all back-up line up.

Let's hope that this version of Blake and CP are what we are going to get come playoff time. They look to be rounding into form.

Should be on a nice little 7-1 run in our last 8 (really 8 straigt) but that Sacramento game still makes me hate this team. Thank God for baseball season.

It's sad that we've won 5 of 7, with those two losses being by a combined 3 points, and I still feel like this
laugh.gif
tired.gif

And guys I personally believe the chances that Carmelo will be a clipper next season are sky high, so there's that.
6 of 8 now with those 2 losses being by a combined 3 pts smh

Dawg this is the biggest pipe dream.

I'd see it happening at another team, but not LAC. Do i wish that? hell yeah but that's some NBA 2K team making right there :lol:

I mean can you imagine the riots if Lebron left Cleveland again? It'd be like the fall of Constantinople :rofl:

I agree that is a pipe dream. But I think of it did happen, lac would be the perfect place. They could play together and maximize on all the benefits that come with playing in L.A.

In addition, LeBron is/was really only a Kyle korver and d will away from being truly unhappy with management. I think Cleveland fans would have been unhappy but, it wouldn't have been like the first time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Lebron decide to leave if they don't win the championship this year and by how they're looking right now, they might not even make the finals.

Plus his departure from Cleveland again might not be so bad as he actually gave them a chip, or at least I don't think it's going to be as bad as the last time.

With that said, it's too late for that now unless they do a sign and trade in the off season.

Last night is what lac probably needs from here on out against anyone

Both Chris Paul and Blake with the agressors on. CP has looked more aggressive lately, that has to continue

Last night is what lac probably needs from here on out against anyone

Both Chris Paul and Blake with the agressors on. CP has looked more aggressive lately, that has to continue

Been saying for years we're at our best when CP is offensively aggressive, especially early. But he seems to be just too much of a pass-first guy to do that for a long, sustained period of games.

That last two wins have been solid enough, but I'd like to see the D tighten up a bit. We won't win in track meets against teams like the Rockets and Warriors.

Been saying for years we're at our best when CP is offensively aggressive, especially early. But he seems to be just too much of a pass-first guy to do that for a long, sustained period of games.

That last two wins have been solid enough, but I'd like to see the D tighten up a bit. We won't win in track meets against teams like the Rockets and Warriors.

Yup this team is for sure at its best when CP is shooting 16+ times a game I believe. He's such a good shooter that it really benefits everyone.

The reason though I personally believe that he doesn't consistently shoots more though is because he gets tired :lol: more so than him being a pass first guy tbh he gets gassed when he goes into prolific scorer mode. But that's what we're going to need if we're going to have a shot next month

Wins against Utah and Washington were encouraging, but we've gotta start defending like you said.

[emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Have a feeling today is going to be like the last two - high scoring. Going to be like a 33-29 first quarter. Then (hopefully) we pull away in the second half.

Keep it going. Momentum is tangible. [emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji][emoji]128591[/emoji][emoji]127997[/emoji]

Blake and CP rounding into form man. Gotta keep this aggressor on. Both of them.

This is what it's going to take for us to MAYBE do something special. Both of them playing at the peak of themselves which they are now.

Sigh....should be 9 straight wins if we weren't idiots.

Maybe that Sacramento loss woke CP3 and Blake up, doe. Small price to pay if it means they get their **** together for the remainder of the year.

-Edit-

This bench is so pathetic :rofl:

Last edited:
This bench is so pathetic
roll.gif
I came in here to say this. Jesus Christ.

Doc is inching closer and closer to committing to full fledged staggering. And I for sure think we'll see it come playoff time.

I mean it was 69-93 at what point and now the Lakers may cut it to 11 or 10.

Doc is inching closer and closer to committing to full fledged staggering. And I for sure think we'll see it come playoff time.

Make that 9

I don't see why he doesn't always stagger. The Dubs do it.
The Phil Jackson Lakers and Bulls always did it.

Blake beasted. Showed all the offensive tools. Love him taking the 3s with confidence. Let 'me fly, Blake. No hesitation.

Blake beasted. Showed all the offensive tools. Love him taking the 3s with confidence. Let 'me fly, Blake. No hesitation.
Honestly, we been calling for him to do it. Hopefully he continues to shoot them with no hesitation even when he's missing. It's a crucial new wrinkle / element to what we do and it allows for some much needed spacing w/him and DJ.

As I said before this season started, up until this season and even towards the beginning of this season, he took a ton of midrange jumpers and unless you're CJ McCulloum or Chris Paul you're probably better off making those midrange jumpers 3's if you're going to be a below avg shooter from the midrange area especially with the way Blake gets his jumpers, off of spot ups and Pick and Pop situations. Situations where he could easily position himself beyond the 3pt line.

Blake was awesome today. These last 3 games have been some of the best blake i've seen in awhile from an aggression standpoint. That's the guy we need come playoff time. Don't eeem care about the points or the made field goals, it's the aggression, the FGA's.

The Paul-Redick-Rivers-Griffin-Jordan lineup has a +16.9 NetRtg in 130 minutes this season.
Hopefully he'll be back by the playoffs because I feel like we'll see a lot of this lineup come playoff time.
 Blake Griffin over his last 3 games: 31 PPG 8.3 RPG 5.3 APG 68 FG%

Last edited:
Blake was awesome today. These last 3 games have been some of the best blake i've seen in awhile from an aggression standpoint. That's the guy we need come playoff time. Don't eeem care about the points or the made field goals, it's the aggression, the FGA's.

And decisiveness. The more he thinks on offense, usually the worse it goes for him. Needs to take a second to see where the opening is and either shoot or go strong to the bucket.

Never thought about it, but how do you guys feel about trading for Melo this summer, and signing Rose to a 1yr vet minimum deal to replace felton

Never thought about it, but how do you guys feel about trading for Melo this summer, and signing Rose to a 1yr vet minimum deal to replace felton

What makes you think Rose would take a vet minimum deal? I was under the impression he still thinks he's a max contract player. Regardless though, I'd pass. He's a shadow of his former self and also doesn't seem to be the best locker room presence.

As for Melo, for me it would come down to what we'd have to give up for him.

Jazz now (47-30) we're 47-31.

God damnit. The Dallas and Sacramento losses are really killing me right now. ****

Back
Top Bottom