OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Or losing to the Lakers on X-mas, or losing to the Nets, etc, etc. A lot of bad, costly losses this season.

Or losing to the Lakers on X-mas, or losing to the Nets, etc, etc. A lot of bad, costly losses this season.
The two indy games, the BKN game, The Dallas Game with the Harrison game winner, the Minnesota game where even w/o CP and Blake we just gave away, The Philly game where we're up 20 on them w/o Embiid (!!!) and we dropped that,

sick.gif

There are games we coulda won but then there are games we had absolutely no business losing. Brooklyn and Sacramento are two of those. Blowing 20 point leads to awful teams.

Whatever tho. I'm drunk. Bring Utah. Run their fade. Gobert is French. What knobout winningn?

Last edited:
Gotta say it.

Bruh why do the Clippers still have a top 5 offense in the league right now?

Why is CP avg 18/5/9 and shooting a career high 61% TS. Why is he shooting 40% on 3's right now. Why is CP shooting 50% on jumpers from 10 to 16 ft and 16 ft to the 3 pt line?

Why is his per 36 numbers 21 and 11 with 2 turnovers a game?

Why is he still one the top 3 best defenders at his position?

Why is he lowkey better than every PG in the league this season sans steph?

CP was supposed to be in decline right now
laugh.gif
he's really an all time great man and hopefully the way he's playing lately and the way Blake is playing lately we can make some magic happen in the playoffs.

^^^ Yeah, I think whether CP is in decline or not is something where numbers don't tell the whole story and I don't think the appropriate comparison is the other PGs in the league now, but to himself in past season. He used to no question be one of the best closers in the game. He was the reason we used to pull out the majority of close games we were in. He hasn't been that guy in a couple season. That's part of the reason we've sucked in tight games this season. I know its not fair to put it all on him and I'm not, but I have noticed a difference in terms of how effective he's been in the last few minutes of close games this season. He's still amazing, but to me, not quite the weapon he was when he as at his absolute best.

https://theringer.com/bill-simmons-...rs-nba-fan-experience-701c3cfd4eaa#.rlz4qfpnj

Ballmer x Bill Simmons

Great listen. Talks about Why the Clippers are essentially going to get a new arena, why STAPLES isn't great for an NBA team, the future of the NBA fan experience, and a whole lot of other good stuff related to owning the LA Clippers.

This dude flies to and from every Clipper home game on the PJ and leaves right after the game is over
laugh.gif
must be nice

Gotta say it.

Bruh why do the Clippers still have a top 5 offense in the league right now?

Why is CP avg 18/5/9 and shooting a career high 61% TS. Why is he shooting 40% on 3's right now. Why is CP shooting 50% on jumpers from 10 to 16 ft and 16 ft to the 3 pt line?

Why is his per 36 numbers 21 and 11 with 2 turnovers a game?

Why is he still one the top 3 best defenders at his position?

Why is he lowkey better than every PG in the league this season sans steph?

Crazy that there's a decent chance CP might not make an all NBA team this season. Harden and Westbrook are locks for 1st team guards. Steph should then be a lock for 2nd team. That leaves 3 guard spots remaining and there are arguments for giving them to Isiah Thomas, Derozan, Kyrie and Klay over CP. I'm not saying I agree with those arguments, but they exist. So, it won't shock me if CP doesn't make it. There's just a lot of guards having career years this season.

Crazy that there's a decent chance CP might not make an all NBA team this season. Harden and Westbrook are locks for 1st team guards. Steph should then be a lock for 2nd team. That leaves 3 guard spots remaining and there are arguments for giving them to Isiah Thomas, Derozan, Kyrie and Klay over CP. I'm not saying I agree with those arguments, but they exist. So, it won't shock me if CP doesn't make it. There's just a lot of guards having career years this season.
Oh there's no doubt to me that he won't make an all nba squad, especially since the Clippers have fallen within the nat'l populous and when you combine that with the amount of time he's missed this year, they won't give him that nod. Regardless, It just seems like people don't even realize the kind of season he's having.

But you were right though. I looked it up. CP has not been good in "clutch" situations this year http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1011...016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&Split=clutch

But you were right though. I looked it up. CP has not been good in "clutch" situations this year http://stats.nba.com/player/#!/1011...016-17&SeasonType=Regular Season&Split=clutch

The clutch stats may not be as much of a reflection on CP individually as I'm suggesting. The whole team has looked panicked and confused in those situations and, consequently, CP regularly ends up trying to bail us out with a tough shot. So, not all his fault ... BUT he used to hit more of those bail out shots than he has this season.

LAC has won 7 of 9 and hopefully 8 of 10 after tonight

JJ redick is shooting over 57% from 3 over his last 9 games

Coincidence? I think not. Gonna keep harping on it. He makes everything work for lac

What's the over/under on goofy *** pirouette 360 layup attempts in traffic by Blake for this playoff run?

Last edited:
Currently projected to tied w/ Utah at 50-32.

Think we'll win out and go 51-31.

But even if we do tie that's good for us.

^^^ TBH, I'm not that concerned about getting to 4 now. Looks very likely we're going to be playing Utah regardless and I'm pretty confident we can beat them even without HCA (but of course I'd prefer to have HCA). I more want to see us win the last few games so we can go into the playoffs on a good rhythm.

At this point, my hopes for the post-season are to get past round 1 and give the Warriors a series in round 2. Although I hate the Warriors, if we lose to them in round 2 in 6 or 7 games, I'll live with that. The Warriors are really ******* good. They had a historically good record last year and then added the 2nd best player in the world, while only losing Harrison Barnes and Andrew Bogut in the process. So, long as we don't get swept by them or go out in 5, that'll be a good enough showing for me.

Last edited:
Wht date is the Championship prade? I'm gonna request a few days off for that. DTLA finna be lit.

I went to HS in the valley and lived there for college
laugh.gif
I know a few
laugh.gif
My homie basically lives in canoga park and I knew a few but haven't talked to them in months.

So it's settled. We make the WCF, it's a party at Lawdog's house. I'll buy all the liquor, you bring the valley thots. Real ****
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Now, lettuce pray

Back
Top Bottom