OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

2nd round exit again. KD not signing with OKC would help.
Maybe. You never know. Two of the last 3 playoff runs the Clippers were right in the driver's seat for the WCF and the other year was last year in which they were obviously hurt. Warriors may have some depth issues, Spurs guards and frontcourt need addressing, no one really knows. 

55+ means nothing. 73 wins means nothing.

best case scenario we have a WCF berth. that's it
laugh.gif
Breh Clippers have been the worst franchise in sports for 90% of their existence. 50+ wins for the 6th consecutive season would for sure mean something. 

Last edited:
Maybe. You never know. Two of the last 3 playoff runs the Clippers were right in the driver's seat for the WCF and the other year was last year in which they were obviously hurt. Warriors may have some depth issues, Spurs guards and frontcourt need addressing, no one really knows. 

I've seen this movie before. three 2nd round exits in 5 years, 2 first round exits in the other. Its the destiny.

Balmer has to be sweating investing $2B but potentially losing blake or CP3 or both.

I think Blake is almost certain to stay, but CP3 has me worried.

We're just stuck. Doc needs to do something to shake things up. He has a tough gig

I've seen this movie before. three 2nd round exits in 5 years, 2 first round exits in the other. Its the destiny.

Balmer has to be sweating investing $2B but potentially losing blake or CP3 or both.

I think Blake is almost certain to stay, but CP3 has me worried.

We're just stuck. Doc needs to do something to shake things up. He has a tough gig
All I'm saying is the Clippers were right there for a WCF berth two out of the past 3 years. Let things play out before dooming them to another 2nd round exit. 

And whether or not CP and Blake bounce will have a lot to do with how LAC does this season, which we do not know. 

In any event, LAC was looking at Matt Barnes again which I would have been open to, but he's gone now too.

All I'm saying is the Clippers were right there for a WCF berth two out of the past 3 years. Let things play out before dooming them to another 2nd round exit. 

what does this mean though? I don't do that coulda, shoulda, woulda. Its either you in it or not.

Staying consistent isn't always a great thing to be. The Grizzlies should be happy with doing what we do.

Its no longer about winning 55 games. Its about taking the next step, period. We should expect more. There was so much excitement with the sale of the team, to a guy who seemed passionate for basketball and had tons of dough.

This could be the end for Doc. Not opposed.

i would take Barnes. Always liked him when people said he was trash. But for the amount of money he was making, he was never the issue.

What did he get from the Kings? How long until he and Cousins have a fight in the locker room and start threatening each other in the parking lot?

He got 2/12 Million, which is a tad bit more than we could afford. 

He was really good with LAC his last season here and for most of that year was having a career year shooting the ball from deep. Became an adequate Corner shooter with the core 4. Hoping that Wes can replicate what Barnes did that season in a more featured role with the core 4 this season.

only thing that really irritated me with Barnes was when he would take his finger and rub his nose like he was trying to get snot off.

Always disturbed me for some odd reason

the JC deal sucks. dont agree with making him a clipper till he's 39 years old.

we will be a 50+ win team again and knock on the door of a championship level team if healthy. if grifin and DJ are working on their weak spots, or ceiling could be considerably higher.

i feel like KD told the clips something good for 2017 under the table though. i think KD will go back to OKC and may come to L.A. next year

i just dont understand why/how KD was "blown away" and then all of a sudden not interested...?

Last edited:
If I'm not mistaken, the "blown away" quote came from Chris Broussard. So, there's like an 85 percent chance it was completely made up. Also, I think we pushed KD to let us know yesterday because we were concerned (rightly) about losing more of our FAs. I think that's part of why he told us no as quickly as he did.

KD expected very little out of the Clippers, so when they did a good job, it blew them away. It just means he never counted them as a serious destination. Yes he could have signed with them and form a big 4 but chances were slim filling out a roster. He would never come here without the Clippers having Blake. Situation would be worst than what he has in OKC.

It at least puts something in his head for next year. Now, he goes to GSW, we;re done. But if he stays and signs 1+1 with OKC, the door is still open for him.

Last edited:
Welp. At least Clips don't gotta worry about the Thunder anymore :lol:.

Things break right....Clips looking at a WCF appearance. Just gotta watch out for the Spurs....but if a top 2 seed is locked up...things could be intersting.

Welp. At least Clips don't gotta worry about the Thunder anymore :lol:.

Things break right....Clips looking at a WCF appearance. Just gotta watch out for the Spurs....but if a top 2 seed is locked up...things could be intersting.

The two seed is within reach for sure for lac.

1) stay away from injuries

2) start out well. LAC the last two years have started out piss poor only to catch fire towards the end of the season. They've really killed themselves in regards to how they've started the last couple of seasons. In this regard, there is far less roster turnover than in years past which should help with this.

3) Outside of GSW, LAC has every right to believe they can grab that 2 seed. Memphis and San antonio are still there though.

I am estatic that we're bringing luc back. Defensive rtg was through the roof with him on the floor and his improvements offensively over the course of the season was appreciated.

Roster continuity is real. Now if we could only find a buy low center to back up DJ.

So much for KD to Warriors being farfetched :lol: :smh:

Starting to learn that anytime that @shoeking says something is impossible/extremely unlikely, there's probably a good chance it will happen. :lol:

And also, **** the Warriors. Like X/ infinity.

God...we couldn't even go one month enjoying the Warriors taking an L.

GS really gonna make me hate KD :smh:

Last edited:
No one thought he was going to gsw

Espn had it as high as 90% that he was coming back to okc.

The idea of him going to gsw was a "farfetched" idea.

I am estatic that we're bringing luc back. Defensive rtg was through the roof with him on the floor and his improvements offensively over the course of the season was appreciated.

Roster continuity is real. Now if we could only find a buy low center to back up DJ.

$$$????

No one thought he was going to gsw

Espn had it as high as 90% that he was coming back to okc.

The idea of him going to gsw was a "farfetched" idea.

LOL. I know. I felt the same way. I didn't think there was anyway the 2nd best player in the league would go to the team who just bounced his from the playoffs. But I guess that KD really is the "beta" that many NTers have been claiming for years.

Really kd? Gsw?

Gsw cupboard is absolutely bare when it comes to rim protection now.

If lac can get good production out of a defensive minded SF, we can def beat them.

We have the right guys to switch everything and hold our own and with bogut gone, we can completely dominate them on the glass. We have to tcb first, stay healthy...gsw is ripe.

Really kd? Gsw?

Gsw cupboard is absolutely bare when it comes to rim protection now.

If lac can get good production out of a defensive minded SF, we can def beat them.

We have the right guys to switch everything and hold our own and with bogut gone, we can completely dominate them on the glass. We have to tcb first, stay healthy...gsw is ripe.

hey, you win in some areas, lose in others. **** rim protection when the opposing team can;t guard you.

Back
Top Bottom