OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Good for Cole. Bad for us. Too bad. Jamal almost certainly gone too.

We're kind of in scramble mode now.

That's a great deal, too. Would have rather had Cole byke than Austin. This should force Doc into playing Brice doe.

^^^ Great deal, but still a lot more than we could have paid him. Plus, I don't believe we had Cole's Bird rights. So he would have had to accept way under market to stay here. Don't blame him for leaving.

I meant I would have preferred to sign him Before/instead of Austin and Wesley. Especially if it was just gonna cost 7mil a year.

Can someone post our salary situation. I thought we were at 77 heading into the offseason with the new cap going to 94 or so. Couldn't we have signed cole and still be under the cap?

Last edited:
how much did we get Kevin Martin for?

You mean Kenyon Martin? Kevin Marton has never been on the team. And we didn't pay much for Kenyon because I think he was a mid-season pick up, after he had been playing in China.

Relatedly, I just checked the list of FA centers. Not pretty considering who's already gotten deals. We're going to end up with Kendrick Perkins, I bet.

You mean Kenyon Martin? Kevin Marton has never been on the team. And we didn't pay much for Kenyon because I think he was a mid-season pick up, after he had been playing in China.

Relatedly, I just checked the list of FA centers. Not pretty considering who's already gotten deals. We're going to end up with Kendrick Perkins, I bet.

Kevin. I heard we picked him up today? Could have just been a rumor. It was mentioned in the off season thread

Yea I haven't found anything saying Kevin Mart to the Clippers but the Offseason thread is running with it. **** it, I'd take him now :lol:

At least he gets to the line. Or used to. Didn't watch him much last season.

Last edited:
5 years too late, but we can't be choosers at this point.

Would be awkward to have Perkins. I also really dislike him.

I follow basically every Clipper beat writer on Twitter and none of them have said a peep about Martin. I won't believe it until I read it from a credible source - mainly because he's one of my least favourite NBA players. That said, I think he could come close to approximating what Crawford did for us.

This Crawford deal is bad...like it's not good at all. We have 77 Million dollars committed to AUSTIN RIVERS and JAMAL CRAWFORD. Granted, even if we let Jamal and Austin walk we wouldn't be able to replace them which is why I'm not overly hot about the deals but it's still tough man. 

We essentially lose Luc because of this move. 

We still have the BAE and the Vet's Minimum to try and snag a backup big and a 3rd guard for the 2nd unit but it'll be tough to find quality with the BAE. On the other hand though, we were in this position last season and grabbed Cole. Hopefully luck strikes twice. 

so thats 13 guys on the roster right (counting free agency signings)

DJ
Blake
CP
JJ
Dawson
Wilcox

Free agent signs
JC
Austin
WesJ

3 draft picks

Am i missing anyone. Cole is gone, Jeff is gone.

Pablo and Luc are free agents correct?

The bright side is that barring something crazy, one of our rooks and CJ will get a chance to really contribute.

This Crawford deal is bad...like it's not good at all. We have 77 Million dollars committed to AUSTIN RIVERS and JAMAL CRAWFORD. Granted, even if we let Jamal and Austin walk we wouldn't be able to replace them which is why I'm not overly hot about the deals but it's still tough man. 

We essentially lose Luc because of this move. 

We still have the BAE and the Vet's Minimum to try and snag a backup big and a 3rd guard for the 2nd unit but it'll be tough to find quality with the BAE. On the other hand though, we were in this position last season and grabbed Cole. Hopefully luck strikes twice. 

Yea we need lady luck to help us out again.

Yea we need lady luck to help us out again.
In my honest opinion we'll be fine. Will we be good enough to win a ring and go deep in the playoffs? Same story, same book. If things break right for us, (Which we're due for lol) we can have a shot.

Anytime put a team on the floor with Blake, DJ, CP, JJ Redick, and hell Wes in this case, you're going to be fine. Stay away from injuries and you get your 55+ wins. Beyond that though, matchups and injuries and circumstance take some precedence in the outcome. In all likelihood we'll need Brice or Stone to really contribute because I do not like the FA big crop but we'll see.

I was watching Javale at the Drew yesterday and I'm wondering if that's who we're going to roll with this season. I know we looked at him last year.

With all that being said though,

The Jamal signing kind of was a must and while he isn't ideal for a champion contending team, the Clippers bench probably would have been worse without him because we wouldn't be able to afford a more competent replacement. 

It's not all doom and gloom for LAC. We'll probably win 55+ games with the fortune of good health and be a strong out come playoff time.

55+ means nothing. 73 wins means nothing.

best case scenario we have a WCF berth. that's it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom