OFFICIAL LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS 2023-2024 SEASON THREAD

Will have to respectfully disagree with you guys a bit on that.

For me, It's a basketball thing. You can't measure a team's "G-ness" or "Mental Fortitude." That's a romanticized way of looking at sports, not just basketball. It really doesn't play out like that, In my opinion at least. Those terms are great for TV, great for people to come to grips with whats happening, but its a lazy and often times innaccurate assesment of what's going on. We as fans aren't psychologist, and you can't tell what mental state a player is in just from watching him for a period of time on TV for the most part. For instance the Clips won game 4 in SAS, Won game 6 in SAS, then won Game 7. Then without CP they almost take the first two games in Houston. How can they have mental fortitude then, but all of a sudden not have it in games 5-7? I just don't know how to assess "mental Fortitude."

It's flat out basketball man. You win and lose with your role players. When Matt Barnes is giving you 20 points in a game 7, and Austin Rivers is going off for 16 on the road in SAS, things like that you win. When they don't, you lose. The difference in the play of the role / support players from games 1-4 to games 5-7 is largely why we lost that series. Blake and CP do have to be better in the 4th quarter, but they have to be better at basketball things, not something mythologized like "Mental Fortitude." Staying discipline and running your sets to get good shots in the 4th, Doc Rivers rotations in the 4th, whether or not you play Pierce and Crawford together in the 4th, these are things that they need to get better at and to me that isn't "G-ness" it's simply basketball.

i think the game of basketball is naturally gonna give you ups and downs. i think you are half right in what you say. but the bottom line is, when crunch time comes, there has to be some type of DOG inside of players that says give me the ball and let me take us home. this is the difference between michael jordan and practically everyone else. not saying that nobody else had it...but none could ever reach that level of confidence, moxxy and preparation that got him to a point where when it came to winning time, there was no way that he was gonna let his team lose. if he caught john stockton on the post he demanded the ball and scored point blank. when blake catches the ball down low and he has klay thompson guarding him, there has to be something inside him that says "barbeque chicken" like shaq would say. that is the "G" in him that i am speaking of.

i dont think that we are totally void of this gene/quality...i think CP3 has it...but he has it in a 6 foot 190lb body opposed to a 6'10" 260lb body.

when i see andre drummond play...he has something the DJ doesnt have. period

if lebron had that DOG in him, he'd be 4-2 instead of 2-4 in finals appearances maybe even 5-1.

this quality we speak of is not new and its not something that we are basically armchair quarterbacking about. the legends see it. chuck, shaq etc etc.

staying disciplined and running your sets is the start of it. run your set, if the defense switches on a CP3/BG pnr, and griffin has klay thompson on his back...the DOG has to kick in, no more posting at 15 feet, no more 360 pirouette jumpers. back him down and put the ball in the bucket. stuff it down his throat and spit on him.

Last edited:
i think the game of basketball is naturally gonna give you ups and downs. i think you are half right in what you say. but the bottom line is, when crunch time comes, there has to be some type of DOG inside of players that says give me the ball and let me take us home. this is the difference between michael jordan and practically everyone else. not saying that nobody else had it...but none could ever reach that level of confidence, moxxy and preparation that got him to a point where when it came to winning time, there was no way that he was gonna let his team lose. if he caught john stockton on the post he demanded the ball and scored point blank. when blake catches the ball down low and he has klay thompson guarding him, there has to be something inside him that says "barbeque chicken" like shaq would say. that is the "G" in him that i am speaking of.

i dont think that we are totally void of this gene/quality...i think CP3 has it...but he has it in a 6 foot 190lb body opposed to a 6'10" 260lb body.

when i see andre drummond play...he has something the DJ doesnt have. period

if lebron had that DOG in him, he'd be 4-2 instead of 2-4 in finals appearances maybe even 5-1.

this quality we speak of is not new and its not something that we are basically armchair quarterbacking about. the legends see it. chuck, shaq etc etc.

staying disciplined and running your sets is the start of it. run your set, if the defense switches on a CP3/BG pnr, and griffin has klay thompson on his back...the DOG has to kick in, no more posting at 15 feet, no more 360 pirouette jumpers. back him down and put the ball in the bucket. stuff it down his throat and spit on him.
I can't say I agree with any of this. You can't measure a player's "dog." there's no metric for that. How dare you cite Chuck and Shaq. The fact that you think its just that simple for a player like blake to score on an all world defense lets me know you romanticizing this ****. Let's really talk about what's actually happening on the floor. 

1) Michael Jordan has nothing to do with this. He's the greatest. Blake Griffin is not. 

2) Basketball is not as easy as "Gimmie the ball, and let me take us home." Again, it's romanticized that it happens like that, but in reality it doesn't work like that, especially when you're playing against the best defense in the world. People who are saying that Blake should be dominating in the post against the likes of Draymond and Klay (Klay rarely guards him down the stretch, if at all) are ignoring the pitfalls of blake as a basketball. He can't just up and do that. Which leads me to my second point

3) Blake's lack of fundamentals are highlighted in moments of crisis. You can have all the "dog" you want, but if you  are being guarded by a top 3 defender in the league along with one of the best help and recover defense in the last 10 years, you are going to struggle. Point blank period. This isn't not having any "Dog" in you, I'm sure he wants to win very badly, these are basketball fallicies that he is subject to in moments of crisis against the best. It's really hard to punish Draymond and Harrison when the ball pressure on CP by Iggy, Klay, and steph is so tough, in conjunction with Draymond's 3/4 fronting be so great, that it forces blake to catch the ball near the 3pt line, facing a defense that has 10 eyes on him. These are basketball issues. Has nothing to do with no dog.

4) If there is a such thing as a "Dog" again, I would like to think it can't come and go. When he had 8 in the 4th of an elimination game in SAS, was the dog there then? Or when he had the triple double agains them in game 7? Or when CP was down against the Rockets he was putting up triple doubles left and right? What's the view on this? Does it come and go?

5) You're talking about someone having that "Dog" in them, and then saying if lebron had that dog in him he would have been 5-1 in the finals. These are both sentiments you absolutely can't prove. You're viewing basketball from a passionate, biased viewpoint. Take your personal view out of this. How much more dog would he have had to beat the Warriors when he's down 2 all stars? How much more dog would he needed to defeat an all time great spurs team in which his team was in its 4th straight finals appearance with the likes of Miller, Battier, Rashard Lewis, and Chris Anderson? We can't measure dog. But we can measure how old the heat were and that they were playing against an historically great team. Ain't no dog gonna make up for age. Save it.

Leave the psycho analyst of basketball players to sports psychologist and the professionals because you guys are using your personal feelings and allowing them to interfere with what's actually happening. 

Last edited:
Blake Griffin is Blake Griffin.

CP is coming along. Everything from his movements to his shot seems to be rounding into form. He has no problems getting to the spots that he wants to on the floor.

But as a whole, they need a lot of work man

Blake Griffin is Blake Griffin.

CP is coming along. Everything from his movements to his shot seems to be rounding into form. He has no problems getting to the spots that he wants to on the floor.

But as a whole, they need a lot of work man

And this is really the bottom line, all other things aside. We're just a .500 team until further notice.

I can't say I agree with any of this. You can't measure a player's "dog." there's no metric for that. How dare you cite Chuck and Shaq. The fact that you think its just that simple for a player like blake to score on an all world defense lets me know you romanticizing this ****. Let's really talk about what's actually happening on the floor. 

1) Michael Jordan has nothing to do with this. He's the greatest. Blake Griffin is not. 

2) Basketball is not as easy as "Gimmie the ball, and let me take us home." Again, it's romanticized that it happens like that, but in reality it doesn't work like that, especially when you're playing against the best defense in the world. People who are saying that Blake should be dominating in the post against the likes of Draymond and Klay (Klay rarely guards him down the stretch, if at all) are ignoring the pitfalls of blake as a basketball. He can't just up and do that. Which leads me to my second point

3) Blake's lack of fundamentals are highlighted in moments of crisis. You can have all the "dog" you want, but if you  are being guarded by a top 3 defender in the league along with one of the best help and recover defense in the last 10 years, you are going to struggle. Point blank period. This isn't not having any "Dog" in you, I'm sure he wants to win very badly, these are basketball fallicies that he is subject to in moments of crisis against the best. It's really hard to punish Draymond and Harrison when the ball pressure on CP by Iggy, Klay, and steph is so tough, in conjunction with Draymond's 3/4 fronting be so great, that it forces blake to catch the ball near the 3pt line, facing a defense that has 10 eyes on him. These are basketball issues. Has nothing to do with no dog.

4) If there is a such thing as a "Dog" again, I would like to think it can't come and go. When he had 8 in the 4th of an elimination game in SAS, was the dog there then? Or when he had the triple double agains them in game 7? Or when CP was down against the Rockets he was putting up triple doubles left and right? What's the view on this? Does it come and go?

5) You're talking about someone having that "Dog" in them, and then saying if lebron had that dog in him he would have been 5-1 in the finals. These are both sentiments you absolutely can't prove. You're viewing basketball from a passionate, biased viewpoint. Take your personal view out of this. How much more dog would he have had to beat the Warriors when he's down 2 all stars? How much more dog would he needed to defeat an all time great spurs team in which his team was in its 4th straight finals appearance with the likes of Miller, Battier, Rashard Lewis, and Chris Anderson? We can't measure dog. But we can measure how old the heat were and that they were playing against an historically great team. Ain't no dog gonna make up for age. Save it.

Leave the psycho analyst of basketball players to sports psychologist and the professionals because you guys are using your personal feelings and allowing them to interfere with what's actually happening. 

you went way too hard homie. it wasnt even that serious. agree to disagree.

Last edited:
Lol at going to hard. I dont even know what that means in that context but whatever. Moving on.

Lowkey think today through monday's games are all must wins and we could be on a 3 game winning streak by Monday night which is crazy

Lol at going to hard. I dont even know what that means in that context but whatever. Moving on.

Lowkey think today through monday's games are all must wins and we could be on a 3 game winning streak by Monday night which is crazy

I'd settle for 2 out of 3, TBH.

I'd settle for 2 out of 3, TBH.
Bro w/the way that they are playing me too haha

But I still have championship aspirations for this team this season and these home games are so precious man, especially since they are so damn winnable. I think we'll go 3/3. (And when say weekend, I'm including monday too against portland)

The early game on Sunday v the Wolves concerns me.
Every game concerns me with them right now 
ohwell.gif

I'm just gonna let y'all know right now...we're about to win the next 6. I seent the future.

no beef. its all good. we are all on the same team.

I consider last night to be our best wire-to-wire performance of the season. Solid contributions from both the starters and bench.

The AD incident was unfortunate, but just a bad break for him.

Really I just hope that this is a sign of things to come. Last night was the first time this year where I actually saw chemistry, unselfishness, and flat out fun. 

Also, CP3 up to almost 36% from the 3 point line and his midrange fGA% is climbing closer to 50% as well. I love the progression he's made as the season progresses. When he gets to 14'-15' form, we'll take off. He's almost there.

Lance played his *** off. Josh did his usual thing. Solid passing, altered shots, took questionable shots. Love m what those 2 dudes bring.

Did you guys see how well the 2nd unit playednin their first stint when we were running the offense through Josh and Lance while Austin cut to the rim and Jamal stayed put at the 3 pt line?

Hope Doc took note of it.

As soon as I saw the CP3/AD incident I knew the nba thread was gonna be up in arms but I can def see why. I lowkey hate when CP3 does the sam cassell **** where you run into the defender or stopnon a dime so th defender running up th court behind you bumps into you. I know it's smart as hell but I would be hot if he weren't on our team :lol:

1 down, 5 to go.

Another solid W. Typical great numbers for Blake, but I loved that he hit several shots during a critical stretch in the 4th to keep the game out of reach for the Wolves. Bench had another good outing, particularly Lance. And Pierce finally made a few shots.

Was a little skeptical of Doc giving Luc the start today -- and I still think Wes should be the full time starting SF -- but it worked out. Luc played well. I doubt that lasts the season, unless he can continue to hit a couple corner 3s every game, but we'll see.

Very good chance for 3 in a row tomorrow.

The team is looking closer and closer to its last season self which is a very nice development. 

CP is finding his groove and to Erupt's Lance and Josh Smith are starting to find their niche and in particular, Lance Stephenson is playing with terrific force and fervor as of late. I hope that continues.

There is no future for LAC in which Luc should start for us. That has to be Wes's job for optimal success.

Is there a reason luc started?

Lance out here grabbing offensive boards and the way he pushes the pace after a defensive board is so fun to watch. Love me some Lance.

Blake is a savage, man. :pimp:

4 more..

Is there a reason luc started?

Lance out here grabbing offensive boards and the way he pushes the pace after a defensive board is so fun to watch. Love me some Lance.

Blake is a savage, man. :pimp:

4 more..

On Luc, I guess Doc said he wasn't happy with Wes' D the prior 2 games, so that's why he was making the change. I suspect he went with Luc because he likes what Lance has been doing with the second unit.

UGLY win but we can't really be picky.

I don't care how good CP3 feels. If he isn't 100% good to go, rest him.

My boy Lance doe :pimp: love that dude. Hope we can keep him on the cheap somehow. Keep letting him and Josh run the offense while Austin cuts and Jamal spreads the floor. Speaking of Jamal, this is how I wish he would always play. Didn't force shots. I guarantee if we looked it up tonight was his season high in passes. Other then that, I don't think the game should have every been close considering Dame was hurt. We should have been up 15+ by the time CP3 went out but like I said I'll take the W.

We outrebounded them! Tacos on me!

Back
Top Bottom