Official Los Angeles Dodgers Season Thread: NLCS vs Phillies

Originally Posted by ooIRON MANoo

I don't care what happens in the clubhouse
It's the reason why this "Team" is falling apart.

Can you provide some insight on anything else you've noticed besides Kent? I really hope Torre / Bowa are screaming their lungs out - on thelack of TEAM effort they're showing on the field.

You're right, after those comments surfaced the team has been hideous.
frown.gif

I've always wondered what goes on in the clubhouse after a funk like this. Are they loose/optimistic, or do they seem serious on a mission to win the nextgame?

Because it seems like they are not trying hard, I mean even a little league team will score if you get multiple chances with the bases loaded... IDK what'sgoing on.///

^ I've wondered what goes on as well.. I know it's a long season and you can't be mad or start finger pointing but I can't help but think thatin the situation they are in right now there is no sense or thought of "who's to blame" type of attitude. Last year, it was the young vs. old orKent vs. the likes of Kemp, Loney, etc.

It seems as if lately we have found a way to lose. The bullpen has given up games, the bats have not showed up during key moments, etc. so I don't see howanyone can honestly say that it's a specific person or group of people's fault. It's everyone's fault they are not producing and not winningnow. I hope they get past whatever tension there is in the clubhouse and just freakin' play!

At least we are getting great pitching. I get the feeling when the offense wakes up the pitching is going to go M.I.A.
Damn Zona keeps losing!
Any news a Furcal, Saito. These guys will ignite the team again. I don't want to see proctor, penny, or Jason if they are not going to be productive. Weknow a great team is there. Come on Doyer, were the freaking Doyers. I'm getting pissed.
The curse of the trim.
lol. Channel 9 were saying the same thing yesterday. They were talking about extensions.

[table][tr][td]West[/td] [td]W[/td] [td]L[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]E#[/td] [td]L10[/td] [td]STRK[/td] [td]vs E[/td] [td]vs C[/td] [td]vs W[/td] [td]INT[/td] [td]HOME[/td] [td]ROAD[/td] [td]vs R[/td] [td]vs L[/td] [td]XTRA[/td] [td]1-RUN[/td] [td]RS[/td] [td]RA[/td] [td]X W-L[/td] [td]LAST GAME[/td] [td]NEXT GAME[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Arizona[/td] [td]68[/td] [td]64[/td] [td].515[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]5-5[/td] [td]L3[/td] [td]15-21[/td] [td]13-16[/td] [td]34-18[/td] [td]6-9[/td] [td]37-28[/td] [td]31-36[/td] [td]42-47[/td] [td]26-17[/td] [td]4-4[/td] [td]17-17[/td] [td]608[/td] [td]573[/td] [td]70-62[/td] [td]8/26 @ SD, L 2-9[/td] [td]8/27 @ SD, 3:35P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Los Angeles[/td] [td]65[/td] [td]67[/td] [td].492[/td] [td]3.0[/td] [td]28[/td] [td]2-8[/td] [td]L5[/td] [td]16-16[/td] [td]20-17[/td] [td]24-24[/td] [td]5-10[/td] [td]39-30[/td] [td]26-37[/td] [td]42-50[/td] [td]23-17[/td] [td]5-9[/td] [td]17-20[/td] [td]542[/td] [td]534[/td] [td]67-65[/td] [td]8/26 @ WSH, L 1-2[/td] [td]8/27 @ WSH, 7:10P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Colorado[/td] [td]63[/td] [td]71[/td] [td].470[/td] [td]6.0[/td] [td]24[/td] [td]8-2[/td] [td]W4[/td] [td]15-18[/td] [td]20-16[/td] [td]21-29[/td] [td]7-8[/td] [td]36-30[/td] [td]27-41[/td] [td]41-56[/td] [td]22-15[/td] [td]4-5[/td] [td]21-17[/td] [td]631[/td] [td]684[/td] [td]62-72[/td] [td]8/26 @ SF, W 7-2[/td] [td]8/27 @ SF, 10:15P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Francisco[/td] [td]58[/td] [td]74[/td] [td].439[/td] [td]10.0[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]7-3[/td] [td]L2[/td] [td]19-13[/td] [td]9-25[/td] [td]24-24[/td] [td]6-12[/td] [td]29-39[/td] [td]29-35[/td] [td]44-48[/td] [td]14-26[/td] [td]7-4[/td] [td]26-16[/td] [td]505[/td] [td]611[/td] [td]55-77[/td] [td]8/26 v COL, L 2-7[/td] [td]8/27 v COL, 10:15P[/td] [/tr][tr][td]San Diego[/td] [td]50[/td] [td]82[/td] [td].379[/td] [td]18.0[/td] [td]13[/td] [td]3-7[/td] [td]W2[/td] [td]12-16[/td] [td]13-21[/td] [td]22-30[/td] [td]3-15[/td] [td]29-38[/td] [td]21-44[/td] [td]36-50[/td] [td]14-32[/td] [td]5-6[/td] [td]13-25[/td] [td]507[/td] [td]618[/td] [td]54-78[/td] [td]8/26 v ARI, W 9-2[/td] [td]8/27 v ARI, 3:35P[/td] [/tr][/table]

NEXT GAME 8/27

TV: PRIME-HD | RADIO: KABC 790, KHJ 930

matchup.png

matchup.png

@
Nationals Park
4:10PM PDT

Maddux (6-10)

Redding (8-

Tickets

Probable Pitchers | Full Schedule

08/27/2008 12:20 AM ET

LA hoping to reverse woes at plate

Los Angeles (65-67) at Washington (47-85), Wed., 4:10 p.m. PT

WASHINGTON -- A Major League offense can survive with a couple of players getting hot at the same time, but the Dodgers are finding out what happens when everybody goes cold at once.

Save for James Loney, who is hitting .400 on the road trip, all of the Dodgers' regulars have slumped in the first five games of this trip in which the team has scored six runs, an average of 1.2 per contest.

"I think the problem is, we're all aware that we're having trouble scoring runs, and everybody probably goes up there squeezing the sawdust out of the bats," manager Joe Torre said. "We've had some good at-bats where we've hit the ball hard and it's gone to the wrong guy. I don't think there's any magic formula other than to keep going out there and fighting the frustration we seem to be experiencing."

The offense has stalled at times because the Nos. 1 and 2 hitters, Matt Kemp and Andre Ethier, combined to go 0-for-10 on Tuesday and are both hitting .182 on the trip.

It has also stalled lower in the order, where Nomar Garciaparra is hitting .063 on the trip and Casey Blake .188.

"I think everybody's seeing what's going on and is trying to be that person, and unfortunately we haven't been able to get the job done," Torre said. "Everybody's had a chance at this thing, that's the interesting thing. Up and down that batting order, probably all eight guys have had a chance to do something in a situation."

But Garciaparra said he sees the Dodgers still having good at-bats despite their struggles.

"It happens, that's baseball," he said. "Can you explain it? No, but it happens a lot. Then you're going to have a day where everyone has a horrible at-bat and we'll score 10 runs and 10 bloopers fall. It's a crazy game.

"You've got to just ride through this wave. I think we'll eventually change and get back on track."

Pitching matchup
LAD: RHP Greg Maddux (6-10, 4.25 ERA)
In his first start since returning to the Dodgers, Maddux cruised through his first three innings on Friday in Philadelphia, facing the minimum while throwing just 23 pitches. Then he struggled, yielding seven runs on nine hits and completing 5 2/3 innings, the knockout blow being Chris Coste's three-run homer after Ryan Howard took him deep earlier. Maddux had been pitching great in August for San Diego before being traded to Los Angeles, compiling a 2-1 record and a 1.89 ERA in three quality starts.

WSH: RHP Tim Redding (8-8, 4.54 ERA)
Redding hasn't won a game since Aug. 4 and had a good month since May, when he went 3-1 with a 3.86 ERA. In his last start, however, he pitched six innings and gave up one run against the Phillies.

Tidbits
Scott Proctor (right elbow tendinitis) threw a scoreless inning for Triple-A Las Vegas in a rehab appearance on Tuesday. He yielded one hit and struck out a batter. ... Injured right-handers Brad Penny (right shoulder inflammation) and Jason Schmidt (shoulder surgery) were scheduled to meet with Dr. Neal ElAtrrache on Tuesday. After that, Penny will begin throwing for the first time since his Aug. 13 start and Schmidt will make a one-inning Minor League appearance for Las Vegas on Friday. Schmidt is also scheduled to pitch in Las Vegas' season finale on Monday. ... Manny Ramirez recorded just his second multi-hit game since Aug. 11 with Tuesday's 3-for-4 performance. His sixth-inning double was his first two-bagger since Aug. 11 and his first extra-base hit since homering on Aug. 17. ... Derek Lowe threw his 15th quality start of the season on Tuesday. ... The Dodgers have promoted Josh Lindblom and Andrew Lambo to Double-A Jacksonville. Lindblom, Los Angeles' second-round pick in June's First-Year Player Draft, recorded a 1.86 ERA in 29 innings for Class A Great Lakes, putting up an astounding 33:4 strikeout-to-walk ratio. Lambo hit .288 with 15 homers and 79 RBIs for the Loons. ... Los Angeles' bullpen entered Tuesday's game holding opponents to a .237 batting average since June 9, the second-lowest mark in the National League behind only Washington (.235).

[h1]Dodgers are swept by Phillies[/h1]

Tom Mihalek / Associated Press

Although Phillies starting pitcher Brett Myers gave up nine hits and three walks in seven innings, the Dodgers failed to score a run off him. Myers struck out eight and lowered his earned-run average to 4.49.

Larry Bowa criticizes team after Dodgers lose all four games of the series.

By Bill Shaikin, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
August 26, 2008

PHILADELPHIA -- The play did not determine the outcome of the game, but it did provide the perfect snapshot of an imperfect team when Jayson Werth scored from second base, on a ground ball to second base.

It would be tempting to say Werth and the Philadelphia Phillies ran circles around the Dodgers, completing a four-game sweep with a 5-0 victory Monday at Citizens Bank Park. It would be more accurate to say the Dodgers appeared a step slow, a bit tired.

And it would be an understatement to say that Larry Bowa, the Dodgers' third base coach, was furious at the way his team has conducted itself in a pennant race.

After the Dodgers lost on a 13-hit shutout by Brett Myers and two relievers -- no major league team has been shut out on more hits in a nine-inning game since 1928 -- Bowa spoke up, in anger.

"If you can't get up emotionally and mentally when you're two or three games out of first place, you need to find another job, another occupation," Bowa said. "That's what I see. I've seen teams play like this when they're 30 games out. There's no excuse for it.

"It's not one person. It's all of us. It's everybody that puts on a Dodger uniform. We should all be embarrassed by the way we played the last four days."

The Dodgers were outscored in the series 27-5 -- five runs, in four days, in a bandbox. They're still three games out of first place in the National League West, but they have fallen below .500 for the first time since July 26 and lost four consecutive games for the first time since June 12-15.

The Dodgers have scored three runs or fewer in seven consecutive games, the margin of error so thin that starter Chad Billingsley actually apologized to Manager Joe Torre after he pitched six innings and gave up three runs.

On Sunday, the Dodgers were two for 10 with runners in scoring position, including Casey Blake's grounding into a 5-2 double play with the bases loaded and none out.

On Monday, they were one for 17 with runners in scoring position, including Jeff Kent's going 0 for 4 in that situation and striking out twice when even a fly ball would have driven in a run.

Nomar Garciaparra, 35, did not start after starting 11 of 12 games since the Dodgers activated him from the disabled list. He is batting .163 since then, with no extra-base hits.

Blake, 35, has started every game since the Dodgers acquired him July 26. He is batting .218 this month and has not driven in a run in nine games.

"He may be a little tired," Torre said.

"I appreciate Joe trying to come up with some excuses for me," Blake said. "I just haven't been very good."

And then there is Kent, 40, who has one extra-base hit in his last 10 games. Torre gave Kent four games off in April, five in May, four in June and July, one in August.

"I'll look at it the next three days, to see if we can fit one in," Torre said.

Kent was the one who appeared a step slow charging the chopper on which Werth scored from second. Torre credited Werth, who was trying to steal, and said Kent was in "no man's land."

Bowa said Kent needed to handle the play more quickly.

Kent said he had to monitor Werth breaking from second, another runner coming from first, the batter and the batted ball.

"I'm not a wizard," Kent said.

bill.shaikin@latimes.com

T.J. Simers:

[h1]The gag's on Dodgers if they don't make playoffs[/h1]

41831914.jpg

Email Picture

Tom Mihalek / Associated Press

Left fielder Manny Ramirez goes down swinging Monday night in the ninth inning, when the Dodgers had two men on base but failed to score a run.

Manager Joe Torre says there's nothing he can say to snap the Dodgers out of their funk. Well, here are a few suggestions.

T.J. Simers
August 26, 2008
PHILADELPHIA -- I'm worried about Joe Torre.

This is no time to sound clueless, the Dodgers going flat against the Phillies again, the manager asked what he might say to his team, and Torre appearing befuddled.

"There's nothing I can tell them," he said.

I don't get paid by the Parking Lot Attendant, and for that matter a lot of the Dodgers don't either, but I know what I'd tell our heroes.

"OK, guys, gather around. We're on our way to Washington. Those clowns have lost 14 of their last 16. An automatic sweep -- no reason to even use Jonathan Broxton, so everyone can rest easy.

"We don't play anyone with a winning record the rest of the season other than the Diamondbacks, and they're not much. We've got a good chance here to really give Vin Scully something to talk about. Sorry, Jeff.

"We've got 19 games on the road against teams with a combined record of 108 games below .500. Keep in mind we're only one game below .500, so when it comes to losing we're nowhere near as big losers as these other losers.

"We just have to show up to make the playoffs so NedColletti and Frank McCourt can take a bow. And they will. By the way, would someone please wake up Russell Martin; I know he's tired, but what am I supposed to do -- play Danny Ardoin?

"Listen, we go home for 12 more games and play teams with a combined record of 42 games below .500. We could play Juan Pierre every day, but don't worry, I'm not nuts.

"Arizona has to play eight more games against the playoff-hungry Cardinals, and those guys kicked our butt four out of six. We get four against the Pirates, three against the Nationals and will probably never have to use Mark Sweeney as a pinch-hitter.

"Things are really looking up. We'd really have to gag now not to make the playoffs."

IF THIS was New York, and Torre had done what he's done to Manny Ramirez, just imagine the headline in the New York Post: "Butcher!"

Just imagine George Steinbrenner's reaction, his search to find the barber who cut Ramirez's hair and then have him fired.

The Dodgers were playing like a powerhouse after Ramirez's arrival -- until the Dodgers' hair-challenged manager insisted on Samson cutting his dreadlocks, Ramirez complying and hitting .250 ever since, the Dodgers going 4-7 in that time.

"Get on Torre," Ramirez said with a grin. "Don't blame me."

Casey Blake came to the Dodgers, his beard a little shaggy, and as soon as he got a trim to better blend in, he went into the dumper, hitting .125 in his last nine games.

"I didn't tell him to cut his beard," Torre said, too late now to help Blake.

It might be time to check those before and after pictures of Andruw Jones. Wouldn't be surprised to find out Torre's the one who had the guy shave his head just before he joined the Dodgers.

"That's something about discipline," Torre joked after getting Ramirez to snip an inch off his dreadlocks. "You sacrifice wins, the season and everything else to have it."

Yeah, the Dodgers' new motto: "Take an inch and drop a mile back in the standings."

Ramirez said he's not sure if he can grow his hair back in time for the September stretch run. "He better," Torre said. "Now the pressure is on him."

What's wrong with Manny being Manny? Ramirez was hitting .466 with five home runs and 16 RBIs in his first dozen games in a Dodgers uniform. He has one home run and five RBIs in his last 11 since his buzz cut.

"You don't think I don't know that?" Torre said.

Joe Scissorhands, clearly failing to grasp the hairy situation the Dodgers find themselves in because of his own actions, said it was everyone else's fault that Ramirez is no longer hit- ting.

He said if the guys ahead of Ramirez don't get on base, pitchers can pitch around Ramirez.

As for Manny's haircut and Torre's role in ruining the Dodgers, he said, "I have trouble sleeping at night -- more my age, though, than his hair."

Then he paused, and added, "How long did he say before he can grow it back?"

THE MOVIE "8 Seconds" was playing before the game in the clubhouse -- interesting, because that's about how long the Dodgers have been in first place this season.

Blake called it one of his five favorite movies, "One Flew Over the ****oo's Nest" his top choice, although the title could also be used to describe his stay with the Dodgers before he moves on to sign with another team next season.

THE CITY of Norristown, Pa., honored Rick Monday on Monday, of course, and gave him a flag that once flew over Valley Forge -- something about the guy who put it up should be the one to get it when it comes down.

T.J. Simers can be reached at

t.j.simers@latimes.com. To read previous columns by Simers, go to latimes.com/simers.

[h1]Is CC Sabathia a prize Dodgers have their eye on?[/h1]

Left-hander has California roots, and former Indians teammate Casey Blake thinks Dodgers would make sense for him. But as the top free-agent pitcher he'll command a huge contract.

9:23 PM PDT, August 23, 2008
PHILADELPHIA -- The Dodgers might be more likely to sign CC Sabathia than Casey Blake this winter.

That, at least, is the way Blake sees it. The two men played together for five seasons in Cleveland, before the Indians traded Sabathia to the Milwaukee Brewers and Blake to the Dodgers last month.

The left-hander is expected to command at least $100 million as the top starting pitcher in free agency, and Blake said Sabathia has shared no inside information about his preferred destinations. Sabathia hails from the Bay Area and has said he is shopping for a home in Southern California.

"I think he wants to be close to home," Blake said. "I think it would be in his best interest to stay in the National League."

Why?

"Just because he rakes," Blake said.

Indeed, Sabathia hit a 440-foot home run at Dodger Stadium this season. Of the three NL clubs in California, the San Diego Padres are expected to slash their payroll, and the San Francisco Giants might shy away from a large contract for a pitcher after their $126-million experience with Barry Zito.

Blake, who turned 35 Saturday, has stabilized third base for the Dodgers and said he had not ruled out returning to Los Angeles. When the Indians traded him, he said, they told him they hoped to offer him a contract this winter, to return to what was the only major league club he had known.

"They'll be the front-runners, probably," he said.

Looking fore-ward

The Phillies' Kyle Kendrick, 23, credited his victory over Greg Maddux and the Dodgers on Friday to a conversation he had with Maddux in San Diego, two days before the Padres traded Maddux to the Dodgers last week.

Maddux's older brother, Mike, is the highly regarded pitching coach of the Milwaukee Brewers. Greg Maddux, 42, said he has not decided how much longer he might want to play or whether he might follow his big brother into coaching.

After his retirement, Maddux said, he will take a year off, to consider what he might want to do, and to golf. He has played his entire career in the National League, so for the first time he could play a summer round in American League cities.

"I was thinking more like Scotland and Ireland," he said.

September story

When rosters expand in September, the Dodgers will activate more players from the disabled list than they will call up from the minor leagues. They are expected to promote A.J. Ellis from triple-A Las Vegas as a third catcher, and perhaps top pitching prospect James McDonald, who worked out of the Las Vegas bullpen for the first time Friday.

For every player the Dodgers activate from the 60-day disabled list, they have to cut someone from the 40-man roster, so they might not activate all of those injured players. The Dodgers' 60-day DL includes shortstop Rafael Furcal and pitchers Scott Proctor, Jason Schmidt and Yhency Brazoban.

The Dodgers do not have to adjust their roster to activate players on the 15-day disabled list, including outfielders Andruw Jones and Delwyn Young and pitchers Brad Penny, Takashi Saito and Cory Wade.

Infielders Blake DeWitt and Chin-lung Hu could be recalled, and so could pitcher Eric Stults and outfielder Jason Repko.

bill.shaikin@latimes.com

[h1]Rafael Furcal won't be back full time[/h1]

If shortstop returns this season, Joe Torre says he will share job.

August 23, 2008

PHILADELPHIA -- With Rafael Furcal's rehabilitation from back surgery exceeding the estimated recovery period, the Dodgers have abandoned hope of getting their shortstop back on a full-time basis this season.

The Dodgers might not get Furcal back at all, but the best-case scenario, according to Manager Joe Torre, is for Furcal to regain enough strength to share playing time with Nomar Garciaparra.

urcal underwent back surgery eight weeks ago and said afterward that doctors told him to expect a recovery period of six to eight weeks. He is running, throwing and hitting off a tee, Torre said, but is unlikely to progress quickly enough for a rehabilitation assignment before minor league seasons end, generally on Labor Day.

Furcal has not played since May 5.

"If we do get him back -- and that's certainly possible -- we might get him back on a part-time basis," Torre said. "It would be tough to get him back and expect him to play every game."

Proving his Werth

Phillies outfielder Jayson Werth has more home runs this season than Matt Kemp or Andre Ethier, in fewer at-bats.

In 2004, Werth hit 16 home runs in 89 games for the Dodgers. In 2005, he was hit by a pitch in spring training, and he sat out much of that season and all of the next one. He said Dodgers doctors misdiagnosed his wrist injury and said he did not get the proper diagnosis -- and thus the proper treatment -- until he went to the Mayo Clinic, on his own.

He signed with Philadelphia last year, hitting .329 after the All-Star break to claim a spot on the Phillies' depth chart and reclaim his identity as a major leaguer.

Werth said he considered suing the Dodgers, then signed with the Phillies and decided to concentrate on the field, not the court.

"I wanted to play baseball," Werth said. "I didn't want to be a pity case and say, 'Pay me.' "

Daily Manny update

Torre said he had received a text message from Derek Jeter, asking if he had "started growing dreadlocks yet" a la Manny Ramirez.

"They're just coming in," Torre deadpanned.

The Phillies inquired about Ramirez before the Boston Red Sox traded him to the Dodgers, leading several Philadelphia reporters to ask Ramirez whether he had thought about playing here.

"I don't want to talk about that," Ramirez said. Then he walked away.

Cooperstown Express

With Greg Maddux pitching for the first time since the Dodgers acquired him this week, and with Ramirez and Jeff Kent in the lineup, the Dodgers said they had three future Hall of Famers representing them in one game for the first time since Sept. 3, 1958.

That game was noteworthy for that trio, according to retro- sheet.org. Duke Snider started in center field and hit a home run. Sandy Koufax entered the game in the third inning, as the Dodgers' third pitcher, and worked seven innings for the victory.

And Don Drysdale appeared as a pinch-hitter, struck out looking and was ejected.

Drysdale, a Hall of Fame pitcher, hit seven home runs that year and 29 in his career.

Injury updates

Torre said reliever Cory Wade would pitch one minor league rehabilitation inning Monday and would be activated Wednesday. He also said the Dodgers hoped to get injured pitchers Scott Proctor and Jason Schmidt some minor league work next week.

bill.shaikin@latimes.com

41831914.jpg

That's our problem right there, he's swinging with his eyes closed.
laugh.gif

The only bright spot if any, is that the D'Back are as bad as the Dodgers right now, they're also losing to bad teams.

Let's hope that we get a good 5 or 6 innings from Maddux, then hand over the ball to the bullpen, since they got a whole day of rest last night.

2 Homers.

2-0 Dodgers.

Osuna DFA; DeWitt back with the Dodgers.

D'Backs swept by the Padres
nerd.gif

not related to the game but i remember last year there was a game that James Loney had like 8 RBI's in one game and it tied the record for most RBI'sin one game for a Dodger? and he finished the season off with 15 RBI's in total? is my memory serving me correctly? if so i find that funny he got morethan half his RBIs in one game
roll.gif

sorry guys, i'd like to see the Dodgers make the playoffs, it's a shame we're gonna have to sweep ya
laugh.gif

Zimmerman's homer was a BOMB...you know what they say...the best hitter's park is Chan Ho Park
roll.gif

not related to the game but i remember last year there was a game that James Loney had like 8 RBI's in one game and it tied the record for most RBI's in one game for a Dodger? and he finished the season off with 15 RBI's in total? is my memory serving me correctly? if so i find that funny he got more than half his RBIs in one game
Actually it was 9 RBI's in one game, and it was in 2006. He ended up with 15 RBI's because he was a September call up that year, and wasa backup to Nomar Garciaparra, who won the Comeback Player of the Year award that season.

I don't know what is so funny about having 18 RBI's in 102 at bats.

I don't want to talk about the current state of the team,
smh.gif

Ironman, please speak on the current state of the team - I'd love to hear your input.

Anyways, hopefully the dodgers get swept today. Losing the first 2 games in Wash is inexcusable, just let the Nats feel good about themselves.

this team is DONE for. and why is it the same $%@@ club house problems that tear this team apart? kents old redneck +!% has got to go

and what i say, maddux @+*%$@* sucks

not related to the game but i remember last year there was a game that James Loney had like 8 RBI's in one game and it tied the record for most RBI's in one game for a Dodger? and he finished the season off with 15 RBI's in total? is my memory serving me correctly? if so i find that funny he got more than half his RBIs in one game
Actually it was 9 RBI's in one game, and it was in 2006. He ended up with 15 RBI's because he was a September call up that year, and was a backup to Nomar Garciaparra, who won the Comeback Player of the Year award that season.

oh ok thanks for clearing that up. how are the dodgers NOT 1st in the NL West???

^Easy, they don't play as a TEAM, there isn't no significant leader, and they lack heart.

On ESPN First Take today, they had a little segment on the Dodgers saying Ned Colleti is in the hot seat if the Dodgers don't make the playoffs due to hissignings (Schmidt, Pierre, Jones, etc). McCourt is fed up with Ned & Logan White could take over the reign ....

Originally Posted by fenixconnexion

Actually it was 9 RBI's in one game, and it was in 2006. He ended up with 15 RBI's because he was a September call up that year, and was a backup to Nomar Garciaparra, who won the Comeback Player of the Year award that season.
oh ok thanks for clearing that up. how are the dodgers NOT 1st in the NL West???

Because they don't want it, or at least, that's the way the show it on the field.

And also, they have a horrible record against the teams within the division.

They've shown that they can beat an elite team in the league, but then lay an egg on the road.

What I don't understand, is how they can get runners in scoring position on a consistent basis, but they can't bring them in.
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom