Official Madden NFL 13 Thread: Patch #4 Available 11/29; Details pg. 43

Demo details Via Operation Sports:
UPDATE: Madden NFL 13 demo details

The Madden NFL 13 demo includes the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and Seattle Seahawks vs. Washington ********.

UPDATE #2: You can choose difficulty settings. 5 min quarters and it's an entire game. It will also have full commentary. No sliders this year. You can change play style between game flow and conventional.
[h1]Madden NFL 13 Demo[/h1]
Hi Madden NFL fans, I’m Patrick Bellanca, designer for Madden NFL 13. The start of the NFL season is almost here and Madden NFL 13’s August 28[sup]th[/sup] release date is rapidly approaching, which means it’s time to talk about the Madden NFL 13 demo.  The demo will be available as a free download on Tuesday, August 14[sup]th[/sup]!  This year’s demo is your first chance to experience the Infinity Engine, our all-new real time physics engine, and a sneak peek at a couple of home, away, and throwback Nike uniforms.

The Madden NFL 13 demo offers two Play Now matchups. One features the Super Bowl XLVI champion New York Giants visiting the San Francisco 49ers in a rematch of last season’s NFC Championship game. The other involves the Seattle Seahawks traveling to the Washington ********, who are of course led by rookie QB Robert Griffin III. And before you step onto the field for either of these matchups, you’ll get to check out the redesigned pregame presentation. That includes a broadcast TV-inspired segment that features some top players in the upcoming game you’re about to play, and is followed by Jim Nantz and Phil Simms in the booth talking about the story of the game.

On the field, you have access to everything that’s new in Madden NFL 13. This includes Total Control Passing to accurately place the ball anywhere on the field as the QB; the Ball Hawk mechanic to aggressively play the ball in the air as a defender; play action abort to cancel out of a play action when sensing pressure as a QB; use of Kinect (Xbox 360 only) to control pre-play audibles and adjustments with your voice; and of course the Infinity Engine that brings physics you can feel on every play. 

We’re also going to be giving away free copies of Madden NFL 13. For a chance to win, complete a Madden NFL 13 demo game and share the results (from the end of game menu) across Twitter with the hashtag #Madden13Demo. One lucky winner every day will take home a VIP edition of Madden NFL 13 complete with some bonus swag. 

We also encourage you to use the Madden NFL 13 demo to create yourself with a Game Face for use in the full version of the game on August 28[sup]th[/sup]. This year marks the first time you will be able to put yourself in the game as a player or coach using your Game Face before leading a virtual version of yourself to gridiron glory. Visit http://www.easports.com/gameface for details.

The demo has a lot more too, like the new Main Menu Action Grid, new theme music, improved lighting with HDR, motion blur, an instant replay overhaul, and more. To sum it up, Madden NFL 13 is the most complete overhaul this series has seen in a generation, and we think fans have a lot to be excited about. And, of course, it all starts with the Madden NFL 13 demo on Tuesday, August 14[sup]th[/sup].

Last edited:
Man, I can't wait to get my hands on the demo.

I'm jealous of you 360 dudes because XBLA updates early in the morning, while PSN doesn't update until late in the afternoon, so y'all get to play the demo earlier.

I still think speed/quickness/elusiveness have no business having numerical values behind them. I think it should be like the abilities system in 2K.
Poo, Good, Above Verage, Elite, Great, etc...........
Because what really separates McCoy and MJD in terms of speed? Ratings can be simplified.

I disagree and don't see how that makes any sense. Speed and quickness are easily quantifiable and it make the most sense to have numerical ratings for attributes like those.

Something definitely separates McCoy and MJD in terms of speed and no matter how marginal it might be I don't see why they should just be lumped together with an "elite" speed rating. Makes no sense.

LMAOOOO Matt Flynn looks like Jay Leno and Pete Carroll has shoulder pads in that video. I'm no longer copping.

Loving the fact that the Seahawks are in this demo!!!! Would've never thought I'd see the day. Can't wait, will be up bright and early on Tuesday 8)

the stats are loosely based on the players performance last year , cj2k had a awful season .... mcfadden was hurt .... and their ratings are still in the 90s so why the complaining?

I disagree and don't see how that makes any sense. Speed and quickness are easily quantifiable and it make the most sense to have numerical ratings for attributes like those.
Something definitely separates McCoy and MJD in terms of speed and no matter how marginal it might be I don't see why they should just be lumped together with an "elite" speed rating. Makes no sense.
Player ratings should read like scouting reports. A scouting report shows the degree of speed a player possesses. Not a numerical value.

You only say it makes sense because that is how sports games have been since way back when. But when it comes to physical attributes we can't really determine who is faster between ELITE speedsters. Yea we can look at combine results but those are still situational and not absolute.

And if you knew how ratings worked in these games, a lot of time there is no difference in ratings that are within 4 points of eachother.

For example, take 2K. Someone on OS came to the conclusion through thorough testing that there was no difference in speed ratings until you crossed over into the next threshold.

Those were the only ratings that triggered a next level in speed. So essentially, an 84 and an 89 are the same.

So as I said, speed/quickness ratings can be simplified and shouldn't be numerical values.

Player ratings should read like scouting reports. A scouting report shows the degree of speed a player possesses. Not a numerical value.
You only say it makes sense because that is how sports games have been since way back when. But when it comes to physical attributes we can't really determine who is faster between ELITE speedsters. Yea we can look at combine results but those are still situational and not absolute.
And if you knew how ratings worked in these games, a lot of time there is no difference in ratings that are within 4 points of eachother.
For example, take 2K. Someone on OS came to the conclusion through thorough testing that there was no difference in speed ratings until you crossed over into the next threshold.
Those were the only ratings that triggered a next level in speed. So essentially, an 84 and an 89 are the same.
So as I said, speed/quickness ratings can be simplified and shouldn't be numerical values.

*Sigh*

Man why should player ratings read like scouting reports? Scouting reports are subjective evaluations that don't have any relevance when talking about a video game where player attributes are 100% objective in the scope of the video game.

If you want player ratings to be more inline with pro scouting evaluation methods all for in-game player eval realism that's fine but that would result in an even more flawed and less complete system than the status quo.

We can absolutely determine who is faster between elite speedsters, or anybody for that matter. Everyone knows combine metrics aren't the best but they're better than DC's Poor, Average, Good, curve.

The next step for NFL scouts, who are kind of behind the ball on this, is implementing the kind of technology found in data tracking software like the Adidas miCoach Elite System.

Real-time speed and acceleration computation so yes, we know EXACTLY how fast LeSean McCoy is, in the real game, with pads on, and all the other external influences taken into account.

Of course speed/quickness ratings CAN be simplified but that doesn't mean they should and I think you've done a poor job of arguing why they they should be.

Last edited:
Hawks grey unis
pimp.gif

I will be playing the **** out of that demo. Can not wait for the game to come out to hand out the business. Im pretty excited about this connected careers actually with being able to be the coach w/ your gameface.

Does anyone know when exactly the demo is gonna drop? I know it's tomorrow but like what time. About to play the hell out of it lol

Does anyone know when exactly the demo is gonna drop? I know it's tomorrow but like what time. About to play the hell out of it lol
XBLA usually updates the marketplace with new content early in the morning, so the demo should be available for you 360 dudes like 5am or 6am.

The PS store usually updates in the afternoon/evening anywhere from 5pm to 8pm.

I'll update the thread when the demo is available for both systems.

You were right Toine. Reading on Twitter that this should drop between 2-230 AM PT. Only one more hour :pimp:

Back
Top Bottom