Official Madden NFL 13 Thread: Patch #4 Available 11/29; Details pg. 43

^^^yea..i noticed that too..orakpo had beastmode dead to rights in the backfield...lynch shed him and was off to the races..and i threw a slew on ints with rg3 too man..lol..wasnt able to run with him much either, the one long run i had he fumbled...

what do u mean by that last part tho..not sure i follow...

all in all..it feels like the game is moving faster to me, and like mfbrown said, its a smoother game..it was real easy to do cats in last year by just using the dpad(no jukes) that seems harder..zones are sharper , dudes dont just occupy that space they react a lil more...

all in all, like the improvements, but like always it aint fun until i can use my squad...

Let's say Ed Reed were to pick a QB off in real life, there are chances he may drop the INT after bringing the ball down, but then one of the players who were formally on offense tackles him and he drops the ball before he gains full possession. I've never seen this happen in Madden.

I had to search for it and when I tried to download it it said marketplace not available or sum BS like that but when I downloaded arkham it worked :stoneface:

I'm gonna download this when I get home tonight. I'll hand out a few L's online when the game drops if anybody is interested ps3 by the way

just played a giants vs 49ers game....it was alright.

i am not impressed by any means. the animations are choppy and a bit clumsy.

gameplay is slightly improved, as are physics.

I'll play a 'hawks vs 'skins game tonight to further assess the game. too early to tell whether or not I'll cop.

Last edited:
Let's say Ed Reed were to pick a QB off in real life, there are chances he may drop the INT after bringing the ball down, but then one of the players who were formally on offense tackles him and he drops the ball before he gains full possession. I've never seen this happen in Madden.

there's a lot of things that don't happen in madden,

realism is one of them. this game is not intended to be a simulation by any means.

this is as arcadey as it can possibly get. as long as EA Sports has its grip on the NFL License we'll NEVER get the game we deserve.

I would have given the D to the seahawks on All-Madden if it wasnt for all of the dropped passes, they're wide open and clank. Was able to contain Marshawn Lynch tho :smokin

there's a lot of things that don't happen in madden,

realism is one of them. this game is not intended to be a simulation by any means.

this is as arcadey as it can possibly get. as long as EA Sports has its grip on the NFL License we'll NEVER get the game we deserve.

They advertise "simulation" so that's what I expect or the closest thing to it. This years rendition is a lot better than its predecessors. The graphics are a lot smoother and I really like the blur you can see sometimes from player animations. If you owned the last few titles I'm confident in saying that this years title will be much better and this is just off demo impressions. I'm sure they will make some minor tweaks or title update by the time retail comes out.

I downloaded it. Played it for a half, realized that it is "Just Madden" turned it off. Deleted the demo.

Demo is official.
smokin.gif
Agreed.
pimp.gif

The demo intro was dope, reminded me of the opening for an NFL network game.

The Infinity Engine is a welcome addition. Player interaction feels more organic; I like the variety of tackle animations created by the Infinity Engine.

The IE also means that you have to be more cognizant of where players are on the field. I've seen several instances of RBs tripping over their O-Lineman's feet when running up the middle and ball carriers in general tripping over downed teammates or opposing players, all of which are nice touches.

However I have noticed some weird, wonky animations due to the IE, like players randomly tripping over each other trying to get back to the huddle after a play is dead. Hopefully the IE is tweaked in the retail version of the game to minimize the instances of these weird animations.

Like NCAA 13, Super LBs and Psychic DBs are a thing of the past. If a defensive player isn't tracking the ball he won't magically swat a pass if it's thrown into his vicinity; also LBs don't jump 100 feet in the air to intercept passes thrown over the middle.

Another positive aspect of the demo is the commentary. While not perfect it is leaps and bounds better than the abysmal commentary in the last two Maddens. Dead air between plays is minimal compared to Madden 11 and 12, and you can hear the chemistry Simms and Nantz have built over the years doing games together, compared to the disjointed commentary of Cris Collinsworth and Gus Johnson.

Some negatives about the demo is that O-Line/D-Line interaction is pretty much the same as prior years. You'd think that with the implementation of the IE, the O-Line and D-Line would be one of the main aspects of the where it's effect would be prevalent, but I'm just not seeing it. EA has said that they will do a major overhaul to the offensive and defensive line in Madden 14 so we'll see. Also the running animations can seem spastic at times, with players seemingly able to stop on a dime and change their momentum.

Those quirks aside, I'm enjoying the demo and look forward to playing the full game.

I love hot words. People started using the word "organic" when it came to video game movements about two years ago. I still bet nobody can tell me what it really means. Not shooting at you Toine, just funny whenever I see it. :lol:

In the context Toine was using it, I would assume he meant player interaction feels more natural. Not as robotic as before.

Back
Top Bottom