OFFICIAl MADDEN NFL 15 Thread

I've been waiting for a deal like this which is why I kept my Madden 25 for the XB1. $15 plus tax is not bad for Madden 15 at all.
I think it would be $25 plus tax. $25 for the game, another $10 for being a bestbuy member, and then its $10 AFTER you purchase it.

Which console do you have now?

If you go x-bone you're saving $60 because of the game. Or you could pay $60 for arguably the better system. Think long term.

Currently on the PS3.

I don't want to turn this into an XBox v PS thread, but I know spec wise the PS4 is superior...but the damn media features of the XBox are too much to overlook. And the money isn't the real reason for me to make the jump, I'm just saying I really don't know which way to go so that the bundle may be that little reason I need to go Xbox...

Still doing my homework on the two though...
Dem feels can't decide still,

After watching gameplay videos, I can admit I'll be eating my words this year AFTER I mess with the sliders. Once I find the right sliders this game should be awesome.

Still wish they added specific running animations at least to the top running backs and WR's and more importantly still wish they added WR and Cornerback contact.

^ Best Buy.

I'm gonna have to take advantage of that deal as well.

Last edited:
After watching gameplay videos, I can admit I'll be eating my words this year AFTER I mess with the sliders. Once I find the right sliders this game should be awesome.

Still wish they added specific running animations at least to the top running backs and WR's and more importantly still wish they added WR and Cornerback contact.

Like this?

This game came out in 2007 BTW.

Lol those vids are the reason I haven't bought madden since 11. Dev team really doesn't give a ****

Last edited:
My dude Jetpac been on his one man "**** Madden" campaign for a minute now.

I gotta salute the dedication.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

I've been waiting for a deal like this which is why I kept my Madden 25 for the XB1. $15 plus tax is not bad for Madden 15 at all.
I think it would be $25 plus tax. $25 for the game, another $10 for being a bestbuy member, and then its $10 AFTER you purchase it.

Yeah you're right...I had to read it again. Still a solid deal and better than paying $60. I'm going to trade in my Madden 25 this weekend and pre-order it.

Jetpac, trust me, I'm with you buddy.

EA developers are quite lazy and are not taking advantage of the systems power like I know they can.

Pad tackles and jersey tugs should be a part of this game by now. Imagine Aldon Smith coming off the edge and reaching for whatever he can grab and trying to pull Drew Brees down by his shoulder pad and Brees reacts to that and ducks down.

Imagine incorporating real individualism to the players like 2k does. 2k can get peoples jump shots from fade aways to pull ups to step backs, to the way they drive to the basket and finish, the way they dribble, but madden can't incorporate any of that type of attention to detail to even at least the star players? I want to see AJ green with his run style, play style and body style down to the t. I want to be able to tell the difference between marshawn lynch, ap and LeSean McCoy. Hell, I want it to feel like the players are actually running on the field and not over the field (if that makes sense).

DB's and WR's should be battling the entire play, but yet all they've ever done is a bump and run and that's it? PURE LAZINESS. It's why they can't incorporate true pass interference calls because it's like there's a force field between the defender and the receiver.

ALL of these things are possible and should already be in the game, but people act like they are doing a good job and then justify their madden purchase by saying I LOVE FOOTBALL ITS ALL WE GOT! That's called an irrational thought and it's the reason why EA gets away with this ******** year after year. Hold people accountable by controlling yourself and not giving them your money. They will listen then.

Edit: I bought ea access so I can play madden early for 5 bucks so I can truly decide if I buy it or not.

If not, I'll just wait for the Xbox one to get hacked so I can mod my system and get the **** for free again like I did the last 6 years on 360.

Last edited:
Some new gameplay vids.

Gauntlet mode looks like it can become addicting.

Last edited:
[h2]  [/h2]
[h2]Madden NFL 15 Feature Deep Dive: Skills Trainer[/h2]
Posted August 14th at 6:05pm.

madden-15-skills-trainer.jpg

Written by Madden NFL 15 Assistant Producer Anthony White

As the gameplay in Madden  gets more realistic and authentic, the development team recognizes the need to teach our fans not only the core mechanics of the game, but also teach real-life football strategy and tactics.

In Madden NFL 15, one of the gameplay emphases for us was making defense  fun.

madden-15-skills-trainer-1.jpg

With all of the improvements we made in Madden 15, we felt this was the perfect year to teach players how to attack defensive coverages and execute pass play concepts. New to Skills Trainer this year is a “Football Concepts” section containing 19 new drills that deal with teaching players the passing game. 

These drills are narrated by Coach Bill Courtney, who was featured in the football documentary “Undefeated.”

madden-15-skills-trainer-2.jpg

Attacking Coverages

The first seven drills in Football Concepts deal with attacking defensive coverages. These drills are as follows: Attacking Cover 1, Attacking Cover 2, Attacking Cover 2 Man, Attacking Cover 3, Attacking Cover 4, Attacking Cover 6, and Countering the Blitz. 

These drills break down the teaching progression in phases, similar to real-life NFL coaches. We first give you an overview of what the defensive coverage is because you must have a basic understanding of the defense before you can figure out how to attack it.

madden-15-skills-trainer-3.jpg

We then focus on how to recognize the coverages presnap by highlighting the deep safeties and then the cornerbacks. Once players have a basic understanding of the presnap looks associated with a particular coverage, they’ll be able to recognize it in-game.

madden-15-skills-trainer-4.jpg

Once we’ve shown you the presnap looks of a coverage, the drills show the weak areas of the coverage with shaded graphics on the field, and then give you sample pass plays that are designed to get receivers open in those areas. 

After you’ve had the chance to run the sample plays, we then take you to the drill which is a full 11-on-11 experience that’s designed to mimic in-game conditions.

In the drill, you start with the ball at midfield with the defense set on the drill’s designated coverage. The goal of the drill is to drive the ball down the field using pass play concepts that are designed to attack a particular coverage. You get three drives; scoring a touchdown at the end of each will earn you a Gold Medal for your efforts.

PASS CONCEPTS

The next 12 drills in Football Concepts are the pass concept drills. When we set out to design the pass concept drills, we felt it was best to focus on the most prevalent pass concepts in the NFL.

The pass concept drills are as follows: Curl Flat Read, Stick Read, Smash Read, Verticals Read, Slant Flat, Flood Read, Levels Pass, Drive Pass, Shallow Cross Pass, Spot Pass, Spacing Pass and Dagger Pass.

We met with a number of NFL and college coaches to get their take on how they teach pass concepts to their teams. As you might imagine, coaches vary in their teaching methods. The teaching progression depends on the type of pass concept.

There are “Progression” based concepts in which the quarterback (depending on the coverage he gets) has a clearly defined progression of three receivers. There are also “Key Read” concepts where the quarterback reads a specific defender and determines where to go with the ball based on that defender’s actions.

madden-15-skills-trainer-5.jpg

We begin the teaching process by first explaining the pass concept is and how it’s designed to attack the defense.

madden-15-skills-trainer-6.jpg

For the progression read concepts, we first show your primary receiver and give you two reps of throwing the ball to that receiver. We also do this with the second and third receivers in the progression. In each rep, the defense takes away two of your receivers and leaves one open. This forces players to get into the habit of going through their entire progression.

Once players complete the first phase, they’ll progress to the 11-on-11 drill where they will get the opportunity to execute that pass concept against random defensive plays.

madden-15-skills-trainer-7.jpg

The teaching process for the Key Read concepts is similar, and begins with an explanation of the pass concept and how it attacks the defense.

madden-15-skills-trainer-8.jpg

The difference here is we’re keying on a specific defender instead of following a read progression.

For example, in the Curl Flat Read Concept drill, the key defender has a Yellow icon above his head. Players get two reps where this defender takes away the flat receiver, thus leaving the curl route receiver open.

madden-15-skills-trainer-9.jpg

Players then get an additional two reps where the defender takes away the curl route receiver and leaves the flat receiver open.

After those reps are completed, the player proceeds to the 11-on-11 drill, where they must complete seven passes in seven reps in order to get a Gold Medal.

I hope you’ve enjoyed this look at our Skills Trainer Football Concepts drills. Our high-level goal is to help our fans be better Madden NFL 15 while also teaching you more about the game of football.

Good looks on the posts!

That skills trainers is pretty cool. I like how they're going to be teaching you how to read defenses. Will definitely improve the online competition.

Like this?

This game came out in 2007 BTW.

But NBA 2k14 is an awesome product :rolleyes

Back
Top Bottom