Official March Madness 2023 Thread

I think Angel doing the "You can't see me" to Caitlin the first time was fine. But hunting her again and doing it while the last 10 seconds of the game wound down was OD. :lol:

But Caitlin didn't even look like she minded since she's a trash talker herself and knows what it is.

I think Angel doing the "You can't see me" to Caitlin the first time was fine. But hunting her again and doing it while the last 10 seconds of the game wound down was OD. :lol:

But Caitlin didn't even look like she minded since she's a trash talker herself and knows what it is.
agreed. seemed like she went out of her way to do it the second time

And Caitlyn didn't do to her, it was another game vs some other team right?

They did a little feature on her trash talk just days ago :lol:

I've got zero problem with it either way the same way that I love to see it in the men's game, it's part of the game and makes things more interesting.

Was just jarring seeing the amount of faux selective outrage generated last night and how it devolved into a civil war of sorts when nobody had any problem when Caitlin was cooking other folks and letting them know about it all tourney.

Her antics were going viral and being celebrated by the very same folks fuming over Reese :lol:

I'm glad she didn't apologize for being herself, it was fair game after they waxed that *** at a record level

Clark a dawg for real, just like Reese is. They both know the drill. If you wanna talk that talk you better be prepared to walk that walk. Personally I love it.

I didn't watch the game but reading and seeing some of the reactions from the LSU players did Clark say something about LSU before the game.? They was coming after her like she was talking about their families. I know she has done the Yayo in past games and brushed off ol' girl from South Carolina but what does that have to do with LSU. That was my confusion.

Big time racial undertones going on for sure.

218C0E62-C225-4184-8088-A07C40F6BB8D.jpeg
38CD62B8-3CC9-4E6D-B489-A0515E920514.jpeg
7981329A-D27E-4900-803A-AC86A215F233.jpeg

:pimp:

i only saw a brief clip, but it didn’t look Caitlyn Clark was doing right in the face of another player. I can tell if she was looking at the opposing bench or not.

There’s a big difference between making a gesture and doing it right in someone’s face. But of course the Shannon Sharpe’s of the world won’t even mention that. That being said, the double standard directed at black athletes is a very real thing and has been for decades.

…so it’s not a big deal to me.

I've been watching Caitlin all year and she's been talking trash all year in people's faces. That's part of the game and I love it. ESPN even did a supercut of her talking trash just in this tournament before this last game. Her response to it was normal because she knew she'd been talking all year and they lost.

Is this the schtick or...?
I love women’s college basketball and this year was great. I watched more of their games than the men’s this year. Women’s basketball is deeper than it has ever been and teams 1 through 10 were legit threats with South Carolina being the clear favorite. Haley Jones “Sometimes I Hoop” podcast was helpful in introducing the stars in the game. She had Angel, Caitlin, Deja Kelly, Brink and others.

I've been watching Caitlin all year and she's been talking trash all year in people's faces. That's part of the game and I love it. ESPN even did a supercut of her talking trash just in this tournament before this last game. Her response to it was normal because she knew she'd been talking all year and they lost.

Clark is a tremendous player, but she's been yapping and doing all sorts of antics all year. Hawkeye fans loved it, but not so much when the other team is doing it. Social media comments are getting a little uncomfortable after playing SC and LSU.

Clark is a tremendous player, but she's been yapping and doing all sorts of antics all year. Hawkeye fans loved it, but not so much when the other team is doing it. Social media comments are getting a little uncomfortable after playing SC and LSU.

Thank you for providing that context.

Thank you for chiming in and I agree that she has. Media acting like she’s Tim Duncan (quiet assassin) when she is not. Hailey Van Lith from Louisville is probably the best trash talker in the women’s game. She talked so much trash that she almost got into a fight with a Texas player during their run. Hailey is white so not much attention was paid to it but these women should have the ability to be themselves and not who people want them to be.

Back
Top Bottom