OFFICIAL MAYWEATHER V. PACQUIAO FIGHT THREAD | MAY 2ND @ MGM GRAND | HBOxSHOWTIME PPV

WHO WINS?

• PBF by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manny by Decision

• PBF by TKO/KO

• Manny by TKO/KO

• Draw

• Don't Care....I just wanna see the hands delivered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's been said before. Taking something for britle hands is very different than taking something that boosts stamina and punching power. Plus the fact that it is legal in Vegas makes it a moot point

Also jleon love wasn't taking performance enhancers, a banned substance yes, but it was because he was trying to make/lose the weight. He probably should've taken something tho he's so garbage
You're obviously extremely bias when it comes to this topic, but you couldn't be more wrong. The reason it's legal in Nevada is because Floyd has lobbied for it to stay that way. Floyd is boxing's cash cow and NV is not going to let anything disrupt the revenue he creates. Don't you find it ironic in the least that every state in the U.S. except the state Floyd resides in and only fights in, is the only state that permits it?  It gives him a tremendous advantage and like mentioned;  if it were banned in NV he would have hung up the gloves years ago. I understand you are a Floyd fan like myself, but don't be a complete hypocrite. Everyone knows if it were Manny with the brittle hands and he was taking Xylocaine, Floyd's camp and fan base would be up in arms.

FLOYD MAYWEATHER SR. LATEST POEM:

Skip Bayless? Skip to my lou
The Mayweathers are coming through

I thought you knew
Man, who the hell were you talking to

Maybe you should pay more attention
And make less mention

For one, I heard your comments about my son
Who's second to none, number one
And throws punches like a machine gun

You said he was scared to fight
Then all that changed over night
When it comes boxing, Floyd is the light

Skip Bayless and the other guys
They should all apologize
For telling America all those lies

The fight is signed, sealed, delivered and almost done
Lil Floyd once again will overcome
And still remain number one

This thread on the night of the fight will result in the most bans in NT history.

Floyd haters gonna be on a whole new level of sodium intake in here :lol:  

Wherever I'm at ill make sure I'm in this thread after the fight :lol:

It'll be filled with lulz

What makes yall really think may weather gonna lose :lol:

If you've been watching his most recent fights you'd know the dude is the master of dodging punches you'd go 7 rounds and be tired and frustrated like wtf is going I can't get to dude and I'm tired. Sounds like a cycle to me.

Pac may not be able to hit Money too much, but I doubt he gets tired...Pac's stamina is incredible (pause). That boy swings more in the later rounds than he does in the first couple.

The thing is he has no choice but to keep swinging, me saying that is...is pacman gonna get frustrated if he's not LANDING the punches he has to actually hit him and land a lot of punches. Mayweather is the master of dodging and counter punches so it's gonna be interesting

The vid I posted with Mike made a point about that.

Floyd can't be laying back and pot shotting against Pac because he'll be giving rounds away (regardless if any of those punches make a clean connection). Most of the time, Vegas judges give the round to the boxer that was active.

After the Maidana I and II fight, I came to the conclusion that if Maidana was able to clock May clean with those shots coming in, there's no doubt in my mind that Manny will be able to connect.

-Drew

Hes gotta catch floyd first we all know how good of a counter puncher he is well, Marquez caught Manny slipping with a counter as well
View media item 1433417

What makes yall really think may weather gonna lose :lol:

If you've been watching his most recent fights you'd know the dude is the master of dodging punches you'd go 7 rounds and be tired and frustrated like wtf is going I can't get to dude and I'm tired. Sounds like a cycle to me.

Pac may not be able to hit Money too much, but I doubt he gets tired...Pac's stamina is incredible (pause). That boy swings more in the later rounds than he does in the first couple.

The thing is he has no choice but to keep swinging, me saying that is...is pacman gonna get frustrated if he's not LANDING the punches he has to actually hit him and land a lot of punches. Mayweather is the master of dodging and counter punches so it's gonna be interesting

The vid I posted with Mike made a point about that.

Floyd can't be laying back and pot shotting against Pac because he'll be giving rounds away (regardless if any of those punches make a clean connection). Most of the time, Vegas judges give the round to the boxer that was active.

After the Maidana I and II fight, I came to the conclusion that if Maidana was able to clock May clean with those shots coming in, there's no doubt in my mind that Manny will be able to connect.

-Drew

Hes gotta catch floyd first we all know how good of a counter puncher he is well, Marquez caught Manny slipping with a counter as well
View media item 1433417

So many factors and skills that both fighters bring to the table make this fight so damn interesting.

Let's not kid ourselves and say that Pac won't connect with Floyd. Maidana hit Floyd clean in both of their fights and that's when Maidana was coming in. There's no doubt in my mind that Pac could connect as well. Especially if Floyd is really susceptible to straight lead lefts and the right hook.

A southpaw stance also takes away his bread and butter stance that he uses so masterfully (Philly shell/Shoulder Roll). It would be suicide not to mention idiotic if he were to use that stance against a southpaw. Which leads me to believe that he'll stick to a conventional stance and a lead left can be slipped in easily for someone with quick hands against a fighter with a peek a boo guard. That's how Judah was catching him during the first 5 rounds of their fight.

Going against a southpaw nullifies the usefulness of a pull counter and makes it riskier to use as well.
Floyd has to be selective of how he jabs because it can be countered with a right hook over the jab.

Manny is open to right hand counters, yes, but you have to look at the types of counter punchers that had success with Manny (JMM, Bradley). Those two were willing to take a punch in order to counter effectively against Pac. Floyd isn't that type of counterpuncher. I do not see Floyd willing to risk that. You have to be willing to commit even if that means having to take a punch in order to counter effectively against Pac.

This is what Tyson was saying in regards to fighting Manny. He cannot lay back and allow Pac to be the active fighter. He will be giving away rounds.

As much as most of NT likes to think that this will be a landslide victory for May, I actually believe it'll be highly competitive for both fighters.

View media item 1433488

-Drew

Last edited:
:lol: hell outta here. Don't accuse Pac of juicing when Floyd goes and hires the one person that would be 100% responsible if Pac did juice and has a shady past according to many S&C coaches. Yea, Floyd did it for recon. The #1 P4P is so worried about Pac that he hires an inside man for "recon". Dont be so naive or bias :lol:

As for your last sentence........Anderson Silva. Lance Armstrong. Marion Jones.

It's very easy to get away with it if your S&C knows what he's doing. Lance did it for 10+ years and NEVER got caught

I don't put juicing past Floyd all I'm saying is if he was where are the results? He's been consistently the same fighter throughout his career and everybody loves to scream about how he has no punching power. Manny was walking through dudes and once he was under the microscope for doping ariza jumps ship and the ko's stop. 2010 manny would've made Bradley kiss canvas no rematch needed.

You have to take time into context and who he fought as well.

Hatton been knocked out before, so has Cotto. Pac's last KO was against Cotto. All these dudes had a KO loss in their resumes beforehand.

Now if you look at Pac's previous opponents, Bradley, Margarito, JMM, Algieri, Rios, Mosely; who has KO'ed either of these fighters in their careers? (Asides from Margs being knocked by Mosley, but that's expected since Mosely has great KO power).

If you really look at it, it should have been expected that Pac shouldn't have been able to KO any of these dudes.

It seems that Pac just followed the pattern.

-Drew

Repped! This is actually what I been saying to a lot of guys.

A lot of casuals focused on Pacquiao being a knockout artist, and since he hasn't knocked anyone out since Cotto.

They automatically conclude that he is over the hill and/or WAS juicing.

The fact is, while Pacquiao has not been able to land a perfect shot to knock people out, his power is still there.

He still rocked Mosley, he still rocked Margarito, Marquez was on his way to get knocked out if he didn't land that beautiful overhand, he was giving Bradley the business, even when Bradley was clinching, dipping & diving, he still rocked Algieri six times to the canvas.

Just because he hasn't knocked anyone OUT, doesn't mean he lost a lot of power.

It's been said before. Taking something for britle hands is very different than taking something that boosts stamina and punching power. Plus the fact that it is legal in Vegas makes it a moot point

Also jleon love wasn't taking performance enhancers, a banned substance yes, but it was because he was trying to make/lose the weight. He probably should've taken something tho he's so garbage
You're obviously extremely bias when it comes to this topic, but you couldn't be more wrong. The reason it's legal in Nevada is because Floyd has lobbied for it to stay that way. Floyd is boxing's cash cow and NV is not going to let anything disrupt the revenue he creates. Don't you find it ironic in the least that every state in the U.S. except the state Floyd resides in and only fights in, is the only state that permits it?  It gives him a tremendous advantage and like mentioned;  if it were banned in NV he would have hung up the gloves years ago. I understand you are a Floyd fan like myself, but don't be a complete hypocrite. Everyone knows if it were Manny with the brittle hands and he was taking Xylocaine, Floyd's camp and fan base would be up in arms.

So crazy how a lot of people dismiss this.

I live out here and work for the PD... he basically told the court, if y'all don't reduce my sentence, i'm not fighting in Vegas anymore.

What happened after that? Sentenced reduced. :lol:

Last edited:

A lot of casuals focused on Pacquiao being a knockout artist, and since he hasn't knocked anyone out since Cotto.

The fact is, while Pacquiao has not been able to land a perfect shot to knock people out, his power is still there.

He still rocked Mosley, he still rocked Margarito, Marquez was on his way to get knocked out if he didn't land that beautiful overhand, he was giving Bradley the business, even when Bradley was clinching, dipping & diving, he still rocked Algieri six times to the canvas.

Just because he hasn't knocked anyone OUT, doesn't mean he lost a lot of power.
So you think Manny has a chance to outbox Floyd cuz he aint knocking Floyd out

Floyd has no choice but to actually fight. He cant be dodging most of the round and plottin for a counter punch

He still rocked Mosley, he still rocked Margarito, Marquez was on his way to get knocked out if he didn't land that beautiful overhand, he was giving Bradley the business, even when Bradley was clinching, dipping

Maybe not knock him OUT, but getting knocked DOWN subtracts your points also. Being the aggressor MOST of the time wins your rounds.

I just thinking it will be a lot closer of a fight than most of you are making it out to be.

IMO Pacquiao getting knocked out by Marquez was a blessing in disguise. He focused more on boxing and footwork after that.

Last edited:

He still rocked Mosley, he still rocked Margarito, Marquez was on his way to get knocked out if he didn't land that beautiful overhand, he was giving Bradley the business, even when Bradley was clinching, dipping

I wouldn't count on Manny outboxing Floyd. :lol: We're just being real.

Swarm/smother him in spurts while turning. Yes. Manny is well capable of the sort, I believe.

-Drew

Floyd has no choice but to actually fight. He cant be dodging most of the round and plottin for a counter punch
Actually fight? 
laugh.gif

He hasn't been fighting? Picking folks apart like a surgeon I guess isn't fighting 

Actually fight? :lol:

He hasn't been fighting? Picking folks apart like a surgeon I guess isn't fighting 

I think he means actually biting down and exchanging at times as opposed to being selective of his target and throwing one punch.

-Drew

I think he means actually biting down and exchanging at times as opposed to being selective of his target and throwing one punch.

-Drew
I mean, was this not expected to happen

I don't think most posters believe that to be the case.

Floyd is smart. He's always been defense first above all. I'm sure you've seen his fights from 2007 onward.

-Drew

Floyd is smart. He's always been defense first above all. I'm sure you've seen his fights from 2007 onward.

-Drew
Most posters probably believe it'll go to a decision

Throughout the duration of the fight, there's going to be times where Floyd has to bite down. Floyd has shown recently he doesn't mind doing that

Last edited:

-Drew
Most posters probably believe it'll go to a decision

Throughout the duration of the fight, there's going to be times where Floyd has to bite down. Floyd has shown recently he doesn't mind doing that

And that's where everything gets interesting. You believe Floyd would rather be the aggressor as opposed to keeping his defense up?

-Drew

So many factors and skills that both fighters bring to the table make this fight so damn interesting.

Let's not kid ourselves and say that Pac won't connect with Floyd. Maidana hit Floyd clean in both of their fights and that's when Maidana was coming in. There's no doubt in my mind that Pac could connect as well. Especially if Floyd is really susceptible to straight lead lefts and the right hook.

A southpaw stance also takes away his bread and butter stance that he uses so masterfully (Philly shell/Shoulder Roll). It would be suicide not to mention idiotic if he were to use that stance against a southpaw. Which leads me to believe that he'll stick to a conventional stance and a lead left can be slipped in easily for someone with quick hands against a fighter with a peek a boo guard. That's how Judah was catching him during the first 5 rounds of their fight.

Going against a southpaw nullifies the usefulness of a pull counter and makes it riskier to use as well.
Floyd has to be selective of how he jabs because it can be countered with a right hook over the jab.

Manny is open to right hand counters, yes, but you have to look at the types of counter punchers that had success with Manny (JMM, Bradley). Those two were willing to take a punch in order to counter effectively against Pac. Floyd isn't that type of counterpuncher. I do not see Floyd willing to risk that. You have to be willing to commit even if that means having to take a punch in order to counter effectively against Pac.

This is what Tyson was saying in regards to fighting Manny. He cannot lay back and allow Pac to be the active fighter. He will be giving away rounds.

As much as most of NT likes to think that this will be a landslide victory for May, I actually believe it'll be highly competitive for both fighters.

-Drew
ive been saying this in simple terms. You broke it down very descriptively. Well done. Repped

floyd can throw combinations and does it pretty well the problem is he rarely does it... hes more of 1-2 punch combination and then get out of the way type boxer

the old guy still got some tricks though

Last edited:
Ima get banned clowning manny stans...can't wait!!

J:K :smile:

Last edited:
floyd can throw combinations and does it pretty well the problem is he rarely does it... hes more of 1-2 punch combination and then get out of the way type boxer

Floyd's combos were lasers set right for you back in his PBF days. Those combos were a sight to behold. He's definitely slowed down now though. The combos he did recently against Maidana looked like lazy slaps. Like wtf happened?

Ima get banned clowning manny stans...can't wait!!

That's the problem when it comes to both of these fighters. There are a bunch of D riders that claim to be "fans of boxing" but bounce once either one of these fighters leave. :smh:

I cannot wait until these Flomos and Pactards are gone from boxing. Then people who actually enjoy watching the sport can have productive and insightful discussions about other fighters instead of the usual asinine opinions about Floyd and Manny.

-Drew

the old guy still got some tricks though

:lol:

Who named the maneuvers in this video? :rofl:

It's just as bad as these garbage names. :lol:

-Drew

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom