OFFICIAL MAYWEATHER V. PACQUIAO FIGHT THREAD | MAY 2ND @ MGM GRAND | HBOxSHOWTIME PPV

WHO WINS?

• PBF by Decision

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Manny by Decision

• PBF by TKO/KO

• Manny by TKO/KO

• Draw

• Don't Care....I just wanna see the hands delivered

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly what I was thinkin..All I'm reading is how may will employ the game plan/implement his strengths into pacs weakness. Where's the counter arguments? Before "there are none", let's all remember who the biggest threat to the zero is and always has been. I've seen floyd uncomfortable. I think Manny will definitely make him so on multiple occasions.

A beat B...B beat C..A would wax C...
Hate that stance. Doesn't apply
(no..even though B is a counter puncher). Different situations, different spots, different circumstances.....
From the looks of it in here, it's almost like most of yall are predicting Manny getting clottied. Don't see it.

Personally...I think the fight may be boring with the only action being a handful of flurries by one man...A few clinches...dodges..rights and a split decision.

The reason why I believe the pics of JMM's KO of Pac is laughable.

-Drew

Any NT gonna be in vegas that wknd?
Yea I will be there its gon be a epic day NBA Playoffs and May vs Manny with some yambs to cap the night off 
smokin.gif

Was actually thinking that for a little while. But then he got knocked out by Marquez. No way anyone lets that happen on purpose, obviously.

I'm with the people who say this will be a boring fight.

Floyd is not going to open up. Manny is going to throw a lot of punches but he probably won't land anything good. It'll go to the scorecards and probably will be a draw/split decision, and the aftermath is going to be the press talking about controversy
This is what I feel will happen.

If ever in his career Floyd had opened up and decided to be out on his front foot from opening bell, he would definitely be in the discussion for all time great.
But he is/has been/always will be defense first.
O well, what could have been ...

Still wish we would have seen a Floyd vs Margorito or Punisher Match up looking back on things.

Last edited:
I also feel like the fight is going to be so ambiguous that afterwards there's going to be a fan war about who "really" won the fight

I also feel like the fight is going to be so ambiguous that afterwards there's going to be a fan war about who "really" won the fight

Sadly, this might really happen!

The fans and the press will push for a rematch... Another * fight in the making!

Last edited:

Yea I will be there its gon be a epic day NBA Playoffs and May vs Manny with some yambs to cap the night off :smokin

Me and my uncle will be there room was booked when floyd said he wanted him on showtime may 2nd.

Im down for a summit.

I heard TR is having a card on Friday night at Cosmo might try to go to that.

Tickets set to go on sale next week for the may pac fight

Yea I will be there its gon be a epic day NBA Playoffs and May vs Manny with some yambs to cap the night off :smokin

Me and my uncle will be there room was booked when floyd said he wanted him on showtime may 2nd.

Im down for a summit.

I heard TR is having a card on Friday night at Cosmo might try to go to that.

Tickets set to go on sale next week for the may pac fight

Yeah I'm down im gonna fly in a couple days b4 the fight like Thursday i already know flights gonna be looking crazy Friday n Early Saturday

Manny's gameplan should be to juice himself out of his mind and hope for a KO

I just dont want any funny business or floyd fooling around to try and amp up a rematch just smoke this clown and lets move on, unfortunately I see one of those 2 things happening and it's ruined what little excitement i had for this fight

All the money involved It's definitely gon be rematch. I've heard somebody say it might even be a trilogy cuz these are the only 2 dudes in boxing people wanna see.

Its hard to tell. Its clear Mayweather cares about his legacy and that zero more than money. I doubt he would give Manny a rematch if he wins and Manny gives him trouble in the ring. He would skate off being rich and undefeated into the sunset after september (according to media saying he will retire after the contract). With that said......money talks 
laugh.gif
. Manny is the only opponent who can get him that kind of payday. Maybe he wants to reach that Billie, a trilogy can push his net worth closer to that goal. 

Yeah I'm down im gonna fly in a couple days b4 the fight like Thursday i already know flights gonna be looking crazy Friday n Early Saturday

I get there Thursday morning as well even airlines tryna cash in.

Wonder how much closed circuit gon be

Floyd doesn't get TKOs or force anyone to throw in the towel because he's never really the aggressor. Once guys realize that everything they do ends with Floyd hitting them with insanely accurate power punch, a perfectly timed counter - they normally give up and stop throwing as much. Stop working. Once they stop coming forward or pressuring, Floyd just pot shots them and wins that way. You're not going to get KOs that way.

If someone pressures Floyd hard for 12 rounds - they're going to get hurt. No doubt about that. If Floyd has Manny timed and Manny keeps coming forward recklessly, I could see him getting rocked.

This is the story or Floyd's career for the past 10 years right here. Awesome post

Floyd doesn't get TKOs or force anyone to throw in the towel because he's never really the aggressor. Once guys realize that everything they do ends with Floyd hitting them with insanely accurate power punch, a perfectly timed counter - they normally give up and stop throwing as much. Stop working. Once they stop coming forward or pressuring, Floyd just pot shots them and wins that way. You're not going to get KOs that way.

If someone pressures Floyd hard for 12 rounds - they're going to get hurt. No doubt about that. If Floyd has Manny timed and Manny keeps coming forward recklessly, I could see him getting rocked.

Finally some sense in this thread.

This is gonna be a tough bout for Manny and that what most of us are saying when we think Floyd will win. He will always fight his fight and its been hard to see Manny stopping that just by letting his hands go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom