**Official Meek Mill Thread****Dreamchasers IV Out Now**

m1DqA10.png

All I can say about the Meek Mill vs. Drake "beef" at the end of the day is that:

1. Drake used memes/fans to get the upper hand

Drake used memes to get the upper hand? How Sway? He dropped a diss record that can be played in the club and it became the #1 hip hop record that was the upper hand :lol: how can someone who was called out have the upper hand? Dude had reference tracks and mad ammo Meek had the upper hand and still took the L because he's not smart

Drake used memes to get the upper hand? How Sway? He dropped a diss record that can be played in the club and it became the #1 hip hop record that was the upper hand
laugh.gif
how can someone who was called out have the upper hand? Dude had reference tracks and mad ammo Meek had the upper hand and still took the L because he's not smart
Drake used the memes that his fans created when he preformed Back To Back at OVO Fest so he did use memes and his fans did use memes (which had more effect than the diss record). So Back To Back can be played in a club, that doesn't me it's good, lower percentile at best along with Meek's Wanna Know. Do you honestly think that diss records are made to be played in the club? It's to show who has the skills and to call out the opponent. Also you know anything Drake produces is going to be a "Hit". You see the corporations and grammys supporting the song, read between the lines with that.

To be fair, tho meek handled that **** like my 11 year old niece he had no shot anyway. When charged up dropped and dudes thought that's all Drake had, they ran with it crowning dude. Had he never dropped back to back charged up would be the Grammy nominated joint charting at #1. He'll, all the companies hopped on quick and dudes were talking crazy like he really killed that ***** quick, why make a whole song he ain't worth it. Only dudes that could level the playing field out is k dot or Cole. They both have big fan bases and it wouldn't be so one sided. I wanna see kendrick in a exchange of words tho. I don't think there's a rapper on the planet touching son rapping wise, but I wanna see him battle tested.

Y'all revisiting this acting like Drake won from the jump. No, Meek played himself horribly. When the ghostwriting allegations came up from Meek's Twitter initially, the focused shifted to Drake and what he would do. He dropped "charged up". Which was lukewarm......but still didn't have the Internet in a frenzy...no memes came from charged up. Nothing at all. Everybody was waiting on what Meek would do.

And what was Meek doing....Twitter fingering. When Meek really dropped the ball was waiting 4 days....and bluffing that one night on dropping the response track. People were actually rooting for him and hoping he'd drop a decent diss track at the time. What did he do, pump fake on the record while still ranting on social media and looking like a sucker. That's when people started looking at him sideways. Drake drops back to back.....say what y'all want....that was a solid diss record.....and did exactly what it needed to do.

What Back to Back had was a number of quotable funny lines aimed at Meek. It wasn't "Ether"....but it definitely was a solid diss. And that "trigger fingers turn to Twitter fingers" line really hurt Meek. Son IMMEDIATLEY stopped tweeting and went to IG. It was also a slick line. The Memes came as a result of Meek playing himself....and Drake dropping a solid diss record. Then Meek dropped "Wanna Know".....which is one of the worst diss records of all time....and that officially lost people that were actually rooting for Meek. Y'all really can't fault Drake for using the memes when performing back to back at the concert. The record had already been out, and it was a smart move.

Drake responded how a "real rapper would". Meek started and responded how these "corny rappers" would. That's the story at the end of the day. I can't give Meek no leeway b/c corporations were posting Memes. Nah, son had a chance and disappointed me greatly.

He can come back from this though. And the only way is thru hot music. Not the social media which he loves.

But dudes was hyping Drake wearing the meek shirt at the sound check for ovofest. They both need to let the merchandise **** go and meek need to stay on what he on now musically. He putting out the best music he has in years, time to shut the hell up on social media and stay on the gas pedal.

It aint all about money. Meek was collecting bread on his girls tour while his name became a universal punchline. Its about respect . He "lost" his by doing nothing then doing too little (wanna know) "too late".

Hell Jay was thee man when ether came out. Letting corporate ties scare you just makes you a *****. The corporations bend towards the popular opinion/people anyway, which changes like the wind.

Last edited:
It aint all about money. Meek was collecting bread on his girls tour while his name became a universal punchline. Its about respect . He "lost" his by doing nothing then doing too little (wanna know) "too late".

Hell Jay was thee man when ether came out. Letting corporate ties scare you just makes you a *****. The corporations bend towards the popular opinion/people anyway, which changes like the wind.
in this case people that are listening and jamming to Drake aren't going to overnight start listening to Meek. Their sound and message are way to different.

Is not about letting someone win, is about not wearing a corny *** shirt that yells I want to to believe I took down Drake, especially when that's not the general consensus.

But dudes was hyping Drake wearing the meek shirt at the sound check for ovofest. They both need to let the merchandise **** go and meek need to stay on what he on now musically. He putting out the best music he has in years, time to shut the hell up on social media and stay on the gas pedal.
You sure that wasn't last years OVO fest when Meek was actually locked up and he was showing support? ..

Ricky is the hardest cut on the tape

war is cool but I actually like the summer 16 cut more but both are nice to me

don't really see why they're compared tho cause 16 is not much of a diss song to me

in this case people that are listening and jamming to Drake aren't going to overnight start listening to Meek. Their sound and message are way to different.

Is not about letting someone win, is about not wearing a corny *** shirt that yells I want to to believe I took down Drake, especially when that's not the general consensus.

its about standing up for yourself at all times, anyway possible. Be it a meme, shirt, song, or all of the above

btw yall talking bout this?
View media item 1892518View media item 1892520Meek lookin like he coulda been one them boys in Beast of no Nation

Last edited:
Honestly I think at the beginning, Meek ain't take it as serious as the world.To us it may seem like a foreign concept, but it's hard to be worried about memes when you getting 100k a night, smashing Nicki and come from an environment where your freedom and life are constantly at stake.A meme would be the least of your concerns too.

meek is extremely emotional and used to always post on Instagram and def understands the power of social media

he just made extremely bad plays

but none of this matters, these internet dweebs have no loyalty to history

put hot **** out today and people will flock

The memes came after the songs though, how could you not take it serious as a rapper when someone directly responds to you in a rap?

Meek says Drake got a ghostwriter - Drake puts out Charged Up - we hype waiting for Meeks response - Drake drops another song - 4 days past - we no longer interested

Honestly I think at the beginning, Meek ain't take it as serious as the world. To us it may seem like a foreign concept, but it's hard to be worried about memes when you getting 100k a night, smashing Nicki and come from an environment where your freedom and life are constantly at stake. A meme would be the least of your concerns too.

IG and twitter are (or were) a huge part of him as an artist. He very well understands how social plays a role in music and perception.

You know what, nevermind, if he did understand that, he would've handled this entirely different :lol:

Are you not the same person that said Back To Back is better than Hit 'em Up. Your views on this are invalid and obviously biased. Have a nice day.

Im the same one said Meek has been droppin straight FIRE!

Im also the one that admitted my statements were Pac hate :lol:

Hit em Up was disrespectful as hell though.

Pac still a busta though.

Listening to War Pain has me upset.

When the entire industry and even casual listeners were paying attention and even tuned in to one of the worst DJs in NYC for your comeback, you balked. Then he released Wanna Know and everyone laughed ... this shot seems to have blown over and you come with War Pain? **** got me upset ... he would of have taken the line from Wanna know about Drake getting pissed on and included in War Pain and released it back then .... **** would of have been serious.

Upset.

Now he looking funny ..... SMH

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom