Official Miami Heat (4) vs OKC Thunder (1) NBA Finals Thread - Miami Heat NBA Champions

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Wade does that stupid pump fake and attempt to launch at the defender every time he picks up the ball, even when he passes, just to see if he can bait the defender into leaving their feet and get a cheap one.
If that's his game that's his game...

Originally Posted by Sorkoram

Originally Posted by Essential1

4th quarter:

Lebron 7 points (2/5), 2rebounds 1assist
Wade 7 points (3/6), 2 assists.

2nd half
Lebron 16 points (6/12), 5 boards, 2 assists
Wade 13 points (4/11), 3 boards, 3 assists

Not nearly as much Wade's fault as some of you try to make it out..
The timing of those misses are everything.
Does the 1st half not count anymore?

4th quarter:

2nd half

It is his fault to an extent. But nowhere near 100%

Anyway Thunder need Game 2. If they drop Game 2, Game 1 doesn't matter at all
Bron had 30 and Wade had 19.

Re-do your calculations. Can't ignore the 1st half

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Once the athleticism gone. Dwade = trash . Same with Legone

Hold on guys. You're forgetting what these guys did over the past few weeks. Its game 1. Relax.

This is the Western Conference representative aka the big boys now. Those teams out East, and even moreso this year due to injury, are light work.

Originally Posted by ggarvinXX3

Originally Posted by Scientific Method

Originally Posted by onewearz

stephen a smith black icing ?

laugh.gif

looks like he used mascara

You think?
This dude's hairline starts tomorrow. If he is icing, he needs more bottles. Just go ahead and cop the Costco sized family pack with the automatic subscribe and ship to keep his supply ample. He wasn't lacking for haterade though.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
NOOOOOO!!!!!! 
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

im cryin' 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

i literally laughed my high out

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by cmoneymontana

KD has 4 game winners in the playoffs this year. 
How many GW opportunities did the Heat have in the playoffs? idr
The "clutch gene" is lacking in Lebron.
You're sounding like Skip Bayless.....which isn't a good thing.

I guess I will keep sounding like Skip, as long as Lebron disappears in the fourth, and goes another year with out a ring. 
wink.gif

LeBron's points per quarter in the first 3 quarters: 7.7
His points in the 4th: 7

His rebounds per quarter in the first 3 quarters: 2.3

Boards in the 4th: 2

Assists per quarter in the first 3 quarters: 1.0

Assists in the 4th: 1

If you want to say he "disappears in the 4th" you should probably wait for a game where he actually, you know, disappears in the fourth.

I typed up a response about Lebron and his "unclutchness", "not wanting it in the 4th", and other absolute statements and narratives.. but it's really not worth it at this point. For a lot of fans, nothing else matters but the final 30 seconds of a game and whether or not someone hits a clutch game winner. For others (myself included), I consider the entire game and see what Lebron does out there on a routine basis. The defense, efficiency, rebounding, passing, unselfishness, etc.. 2010 Game 5 and the last games of the 2011 NBA Finals.. those games were inexcusable and I have no interest in trying to defend because he just sucked and that's that. But I've seen enough of Lebron in "must win" games that he's delivered, I've seen enough dominating performances that don't get the respect because he didn't hit a game winning 3 to end it.

Bomani Jones sums up some of how I feel here

But I come back to the basic realization... most won't ever change their opinion about him. Either he'll always be the "scared" superstar who teamed up with Wade/Bosh (totally ignoring the subpar Cavs teams and Lebron's performance in those playoff games) or he'll be the arrogant and selfish star or the guy who just doesn't "have the killer instinct" or any other narratives people may have. So those people won't ever give up their hatred. And for the others.. he needs to win championships before they give respect. Fair or unfair, that's not the point.. just how it is for most. And I don't care if people like Lebron so I'm not defending him and saying "be nicer" because that would be ridiculous
laugh.gif
but yeah.. that's all I have to say about that

4th quarter:

2nd half

The timing of those misses are everything, particularly in the 3rd quarter.

Exactly and also when the shots were taken. Also stats dont speak out on things such as dwade missed assignment on d which led to a penetration dish by durant, or the lost defensive assignment which lead to a wide open set free throw jumper by durant... Or the gambles on defense for playing the passing lanes and getting burnt and not recovering on d.

Originally Posted by jumpmantwenty3

There's no player like Russ in the league. This guy goes 120% no matter what. The impact of this on his team is so underrated it's not even funny. He has the Kobe attitude (not talent, just the 'I-don't-give-a-damn-I'll-do-whatever-I-want' mentality that allows him to shoot midrange jumpers when KD has gone for 20 straight)
And this right here is why in my book of favorites:

MJ
Kobe
Russ
BG

Wades pass is no longer valid.

I'm not and won't root for Lebron but he's finally overcome and playing well when it's hot in the kitchen.

Wade...*in my Chappelle voice* is bleepin up!

SMH at people who had Wade above Kobe at any time in his career.

I still think Lebron is due for his typical "Regular Season" James playoff performance.

4th quarter:

2nd half

The timing of those misses are everything, particularly in the 3rd quarter.

I have a little bit of time.

Wade:
3rd quarter:
11:05 Miss 22 seconds into shot clock.  Thunder possession Chalmers fouled Thabo who went 1-2. (Heat up 3)
7:29  Wade miss. Gets his own board. Makes the shot. 19 seconds into shot clock (Heat up 3)
6:55 Wade miss 3. 11 seconds into shot clock.  Tie game off Thabo layup.
4:52 Wade makes 2 free throws (Heat up 4)
3:46 Wade miss. Bosh fouls Russ on the rebound. Westbrook makes both. (Heat up 2).
1:17 Wade makes both free throws (Heat up 4)
:30.9 Wade misses floater. Westbrook layup, and 1. Not a transition score (Thunder up 1).

4th quarter:
1st 2 possessions both James and Wade miss. Both lead to Thunder scores (Thunder up 5)
8:54  Wade hits shot and 1 bringing Heat back within 3.
Lebron then turns the ball over leading to another score for Thunder
8:10 Wade misses shot that doesn't lead to Thunder score in next possession.
3:14  & 2:19 makes both shots

And sure the 1st Half counts.. But then look at Russell's 3-10.  To Wade's 3-8..    And the Heat were up 7.  Where Wade had 5 assists.

1st Quarter:
Lebron 1-5   4 points  2reb  2assist
Wade 2-4  4points  1reb  3 assist

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Originally Posted by LDJ

how so when outside of the 2nd quarter, lebron from a stat point amongst other things had his best quarter, while wade had his worst. Sounds clearly like hate to me. Wade wasnt trying to match KD. That doesnt even make sense. He was pretty much ice cold the entire game, so why keep shooting more jumpers. The only time he was effective, was when he was driving, if he so called wanted to match KD he should have gone with what was working and that was penetrating and drawing/looking to draw the file. Its like especially with wade they get away with what works for them and start playing hero ball (mostly wade again)
What sounds like hate?

Wade was trying to match KD effort wise. He was guarding a good amount of the time when he went off in the 4th. He was one trying to get his team going cuz they were cold and maybe got a lil caught up in that but it honestly did not hold back Bron who was very passive in the 4th. Son stood around and watched Wade do his thing, didn't cut, didn't go hard for rebounds or anything like that when he didn't have the ball. Son was not aggressive enough. This is what ppl are talking about after game 6 in ECF. He needs to be focused every game like he was then. When he missed a shot he didn't just start passing the ball like a hot potato or stop shooting he kept going at it. This game he seemed fine to let Wade do him.

I can blame Wade for being cold but not knock how he went about it cuz it wasn't like it was all ball hogging.
Because lebron is a facilitator, he hasnt EVER been a roll off screen, back door player etc like a reggie, hamilton etc... So why all of a sudden would he be one now? Plus i mean he is 6'8 260+, kinda hard to be inconspicious, etc... Lebron is a better setup playmaker then wade. If anything it should be wade cutting etc backdoor and what not and letting lbj set him up. Thats what they did/do for 3 quarters and it works, why switch up the m.o. in the 4th? The only difference in game 6 ecf and tonight wasnt the way lbj played it was moreso the shots fell then and didnt tonight. He still was aggresive inside with post shots and turn arounds, he still took big shots etc... and even in that game 6 ecf game dwade was still taking erratic jumpers, playing iso ball, and breaking up the offensive flow of the game. just that night when lbj was stuck in a rock and a hard place he made em, and tonight he missed them.
Son Bron been cutting to the basket off penetration and kick outs and moving on weave plays the ENTIRE playoffs with Wade and the plays are always done beautifully. STOP THAT. I SEENT IT HAPPEN so you can't tell me he doesn't do it. I NEVER said anything about rolling off screens or back door plays. NOWHERE in my post did I EVER say that. Maybe you haven't been watching these past 2 months how well Wade and Bron have been playing together and off each other and how they've moved without the ball when the other has it to be in a position to score.

I mean for all this LeBron is a better facilitator talk (which is true) it seems he didn't want to tonight. He took 5 more shots and had 4 less assists than Wade in this game. I did not see a consistently aggressive LeBron James tonight, specifically in the 4th quarter where it mattered most tonight.

Wade has been hot garbage this whole playoffs except for two games against Indiana. People always want to blame LBJ but Wade hasent been DWade this whole season. What was the record 16-2 without Wade this season?!?!

Wade is in his 30's and he's showing it every game. Pat Riley has some serious decisions on his hands this off season if Wade is going to continue to play like this win or lose.

And please Spo start Chris Bosh!!!!!

But it's one game and we can still win game 2 and take some serious momentum headed back home for 3 straight games.

Thunder!!

James Harden is that dude but man he needs to work on his defense. Hopefully we get game 2 also.

KD
pimp.gif

Russ
pimp.gif

Collison
pimp.gif

The "best" player in the NBA getting outplayed on the biggest stage yet again.

But people will defend him to no end.

Its comical to me at this point.

It's still 1 game though, didn't Miami win game 1 last yr?
laugh.gif
at Kenny Smith's metaphor calling LeBron a single parent andWade being the uncle who ocassionally helps out

The "best" player in the NBA getting outplayed on the biggest stage yet again.

But people will defend him to no end.

Its comical to me at this point.

IT'S ONE GAME!

Back
Top Bottom