OFFICIAL @MIAMIDOLPHINS 2016 PLAYOFFS! THREAD (10-6) :::: NEXT: WILDCARD Vs @STEELERS 1:00PM EST CB

tired.gif

Nothing really to be mad at... Dolphins faced potentially, probably, the next champs.

Gase has been a mastermind with this team... All Pro players on IR. Practice squad players at linebacker not named Kiko and he can only do so much. Backups for the backups at safety. Nothing but quick passes all game, took away the strength of the defense. Thee only time it was a 5/7 step drop was when they were 2nd and 3rd and like 15 or 20. Got pressure and looked good. Instead of doing it again, draw play, put and went right back to what worked.

It took way too long for Moore to get into rhythm, throws a pick in the process. Damian Williams trying to mimic Jarvus Landry and has a costly fumble... these things just can't happen when the Patriots do everything they can to take away Ajayi, and he was still getting yards after first and second contact.

This is the worst run defense in Dolphins history, they've also given up the most yards in Dolphins history. Gase got this team missing a ton of key players to 10 wins and the playoffs.

Maxwell, who has been playing well since being benched, was out. Isa was out. Jenkins out. Mario Williams has done nothing, cut this bum. You can't come to a game against Belicheck with only 2 bullets in the chamber.

All in all been a fun regular season. I just want the Dolphins to be competitive in Pittsburgh, but AB and Bell will probably do what I thought they were going to do the first time. Minimum 300 yards and 3 tds between the 2.

2017 Opponents

Home:
NE, Buff, NYJ
NO (in London)
TB
Oak
Den
Tenn

Road:
NE, Buff, NYJ
ATL
Car
SD
KC
Balt

Gonna be a damn tough schedule next year. Need to add a lot of talent and stay healthy(ier)

Didn't Mario have a spark earlier in the season working in tandem with Wake? Haven't heard anything since.

I wouldn't call it a spark.

And you haven't because he hasn't been playing. He can't get off blocks.

2017 Opponents

Home:
NE (L), Buff (W), NYJ (W)
NO (in London) (W)
TB (W)
Oak (L)
Den (W)
Tenn (L)

Road:
NE (L), Buff (L), NYJ (W)
ATL (L)
Car (W)
SD (W)
KC (L)
Balt (L)

Gonna be a damn tough schedule next year. Need to add a lot of talent and stay healthy(ier)

8-8 next season, this year was Tony Sparano 2008 all over again.

Jeff Darlington and Matt Miller have mentioned Vance moving on to a HC job.

I'd really like to see an equally innovative (as Gase) DC come in. Vance stayed in a standard 4-3 front and didn't give enough looks. Not enough feints in combat sports terminology. At one point today he had everyone up on the line and blitzed the house. Why blitz everyone against Brady? Why let Brady see the blitz coming?

I really don't have a name in mind, just would like to see different fronts. Everyone standing up at the line, movement, communication. There needs to be a guy come in and get creative with what the Dolphins have, or lack there of. This upcoming draft will not solve the problem nor will it create proper depth. But there are pieces... Howard, Suh, Wake, Maxwell, Kiko, Lippett, Jones... definitely depth on the line. Get rid of Mario and bring someone else in. Fede, Jones, and Branch have done a hell of a job in their rolls and rotation. Phillips, Suh and Mitchell have been playing well... wide 9 doesn't fit them though. Need to get that line some help with linebackers asap. Kiko needs to go to Will asap, bring in a pure run stopper Mike and a cover 2 Sam, Dion Jordan type who can cover TEs that constantly kill the Dolphins. Jenkins can be a Jack to change up the looks and fronts...

Lot of work to be done defensively, someone with a creative mind that can equal Gase for a few years, this team would be something exciting to watch.

Finns... :lol:

New coaches haven't been hired.
Draft hasn't happened.
Free agency hadn't happened.
Guys haven't gotten healthy.

It is was too damn early to project.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finns... :lol:

New coaches haven't been hired.
Draft hasn't happened.
Free agency hadn't happened.
Guys haven't gotten healthy.

It is was too damn early to project.

:lol: Just foolin

But pretty sure we always end up in Baltimore late in the season, and I don't care how bad they are, it's always a loss. But we'll delay all that, for at least another week. :smokin

This will be one of the most interesting Dolphins offseasons in recent memory, regardless

I'd really like to see an equally innovative (as Gase) DC come in. Vance stayed in a standard 4-3 front and didn't give enough looks. Not enough feints in combat sports terminology. At one point today he had everyone up on the line and blitzed the house. Why blitz everyone against Brady? Why let Brady see the blitz coming?

I really don't have a name in mind, just would like to see different fronts. Everyone standing up at the line, movement, communication. There needs to be a guy come in and get creative with what the Dolphins have, or lack there of. This upcoming draft will not solve the problem nor will it create proper depth. But there are pieces... Howard, Suh, Wake, Maxwell, Kiko, Lippett, Jones... definitely depth on the line. Get rid of Mario and bring someone else in. Fede, Jones, and Branch have done a hell of a job in their rolls and rotation. Phillips, Suh and Mitchell have been playing well... wide 9 doesn't fit them though. Need to get that line some help with linebackers asap. Kiko needs to go to Will asap, bring in a pure run stopper Mike and a cover 2 Sam, Dion Jordan type who can cover TEs that constantly kill the Dolphins. Jenkins can be a Jack to change up the looks and fronts...

Lot of work to be done defensively, someone with a creative mind that can equal Gase for a few years, this team would be something exciting to watch.

I'm glad to see him go. I know there wasn't much talent, but giving up the most yards in franchise history is pathetic. These guys couldn't stop the 1-15 Dolphins

I saw someone on finheaven mention Rex for DC, PLEASE no! :rofl:

I agree. We definitely need to bring in two LB's, and another edge rusher who could add pressure. I've seen enough out of the secondary to think we're good there, just add depth.

Offense, more interior lineman, and a TE. Biggest question for me is Jarvis Landry. I'm not opposed to letting him walk if the price isn't right.

He does if he is healthy.
I'd love to see this trio tied up for quite some time.

Jarvis is such an alpha male, always a threat for a big play and getting people hyped. Stills just constantly finds that little seem to get open and have a chance at a 70 yard td. DVP is the game changer when healthy. Can do both of what Jarvis and Stills can do as well as jumping higher. He is just a little soft, seems Gase getting at him has changed that... since being called out I believe he has started every game. Injured or not.

Given to me by my grand mother in law :smokin
No idea how old it is, probably 15+ years

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom