Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

I have Swingmans and Authentics, and to me they are the exact same thing. So I never buy an Authentic unless I get an insane deal on it. The 150% price increase for a 10% quality increase doesn't make sense to me.
I’ve been saying this...the markup on authentics vs the difference in quality doesn’t match. I have numerous authentics and I have several swingmans from over previous years...is the quality the same? No, but it’s not the super huge difference some make it out to be (with the older swingmans, the new ones are SUPER TRASH) unless it’s one of the jerseys from the shiny, silky era. Those are much different bc swingmans aren’t made like that. Now with that said I prefer the authentics for a solid price, but the difference in quality vs (retail) price is not justified IMO. But i don’t knock others for either, I understand both sides. This is only about the older swingmans, I’ve seen and felt the new ones and they are horrible...thin and heat pressed...the quality difference is loud and clear with those.

F47A313E-5D9C-410A-B602-97B9102F3156.jpeg

Restocked in size small only.

Restocked in size small only.
Guccishades Guccishades damn sure can’t fit that...

when i first started buying shorts i had swingmans... i got 3 pairs of knicks shorts that held up well except the logo... it has faded a bit but nothing too terrible... only reason i like the swingman shorts is they got pockets but you can add pockets on the authentics the problem is finding a tailor who can do it...

The authentic vs swingman elitism in this thread is getting comical.

You poll people outside of this thread, and the majority would say that the authentic price tag, even after disco treatment, isnt worth it.

At the end of the day, both m&n authentics and swingmans are replicas when you really think about it, been saying that since day 1. From a quality perspective, I agree that swingmans are priced better for what you get.

The authentic vs swingman elitism in this thread is getting comical.

You poll people outside of this thread, and the majority would say that the authentic price tag, even after disco treatment, isnt worth it.

At the end of the day, both m&n authentics and swingmans are replicas when you really think about it, been saying that since day 1. From a quality perspective, I agree that swingmans are priced better for what you get.

Authentic vs Swingman

Authentic Shorts vs Just Don

Pockets vs no pockets on Authentic shorts...

It's amazing the things people argue about.

when i first started buying shorts i had swingmans... i got 3 pairs of knicks shorts that held up well except the logo... it has faded a bit but nothing too terrible... only reason i like the swingman shorts is they got pockets but you can add pockets on the authentics the problem is finding a tailor who can do it...
Yeah the only reason I like swingman shorts at all is bc of the pockets. I have authentics too but I need pockets...and if already paid $100+ for some shorts I’m not paying anything else to have them altered, like adding pockets. Once again, I don’t knock it I’m just not doing it

But they fade when washed, look at the images I uploaded, how can you say the quality is priced better when there is a fundamental problem with the materials they are using? This also happened on an away magic swingman that i bought so its not like it was a one off/bad batch, the colour was starting to come off before I had even worn it. Fundamental manufacturing defects are not what I would claim to be value for money.

I have no problem rocking a swingman but the quality/price is not comparable to the authentics at all.

Here come the sensitive cats lol

We’re in a thread full of opinions and it’s always some cat that wanna bring up how “amazing” and elite it is when people have different opinions.

That’s comical lol

Swingmans still trash
Not sensitive, just calling it how i see it. Thing is, I’m generally an authentic guy myself, although my draw to authentics is that it’s the same product as on court/on field.

I have zero m&n authentics because its not authentic to me, therefore not worth the price, but i know NT’s demographic drops serious $$$ on kicks and high fashion items, so I get why this thread leans authentic.

Last edited:
theres no question about quality swingman vs authentic one is a lot cheaper hence why the quality is not the same and inferior... but it still does the job as far as looks are concerned...i dont really buy jerseys anymore i just dont see the value in copping an authentic ill wear once maybe twice a year... but too each their own...with that being said had to cop this authentic penny today cuz been wanting that jersey for a minute lol

Regardless of stance it’s good movement for the thread. Never die!

Btw, STILL waiting on shipment of my 6/5/20 order of heat and raiders nylon shorts.

Back
Top Bottom