Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

For jerseys it’s authentic or nothing

I’m not like most dudes in here who act snobby as hell, buy what you want and or can afford.

been buying authentics since I was a young teen, only had the OG Nike swingman

shorts I prefer authentic but if I can find swingmans For the LOW, I’ll take em

I disagree with the snobby part...

IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD, SAY WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT. DON'T GET YOUR FEELINGS HURT WHEN PEOPLE ARE SHARING THEIR OPINION.

Nothing more annoying than seeing people cry about getting roasted for their fit or because they bought a swingman.

I only wear authentic **** and for real, 99% of the *****es I **** and 90% of my boys have no clue if I'm wearing a fake, authentic or swingman. Wear what you like but don't post on here and then get mad when someone else shares their opinion.

Authentic vs Swingman

Authentic Shorts vs Just Don

Pockets vs no pockets on Authentic shorts...

It's amazing the things people argue about.
Don’t think anybody is arguing (recent posts), just stating opinions and preferences. At the end of the day buy what u like...

I personally like authentic for the details. As a jersey enthusiast, I like the materials, layers in twill and embroidery of the authentic. If it’s a basic jersey like say the Celtics, I don’t think it matters too much. For teams say like the old magic, the metallic silver makes a big difference to me.

This is how I look at it.

Swingman = Beaters. Find them for the low, and wear them to the ground with peace of mind. Eventually the graphic will fade, but who cares?
Authentic = Heat. Better quality and details. Embroidery is far superior to heat press. Downside is obviously price point + more stressful to wear.

At the end of the day, just buy what you like and keep it moving!

To me - swingmans are OK depending on the jersey design. If we're talking older houston rockets design where the twill doesn't have multiple layers then I go swingman. But if we're talking colorful designs for swingmans that SHINE like plastic in the light - authentic all the way.

Fit for today and also today's delivery, had to cop after seeing @scoop0625 post...

IMG_20200625_155329137.jpg IMG_20200625_155640225.jpg

Same convos always in this thread :lol:

please let’s not do fake shorts again really not in the mood to view garbage today it’s too early :lol:

IT'S A MESSAGE BOARD, SAY WHATEVER THE **** YOU WANT. DON'T GET YOUR FEELINGS HURT WHEN PEOPLE ARE SHARING THEIR OPINION.

Nothing more annoying than seeing people cry about getting roasted for their fit or because they bought a swingman.

I only wear authentic **** and for real, 99% of the *****es I **** and 90% of my boys have no clue if I'm wearing a fake, authentic or swingman. Wear what you like but don't post on here and then get mad when someone else shares their opinion.
😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

While I'm not totally anti swingmans they are nowhere near the quality of the authentics. On both my swingman shaq jersey and magic shorts the colour started to wash out on the panels, this happened after the first hand wash... maybe they have fixed it with the G2 versions but its been authentic only for me since

1593065598135862019378844837814.jpg 15930656365578038649103401370292.jpg

I brought this up as well to the production team once mine started doing that, i brought in those exact shorts and showed them how the looked and felt after a a couple of washes, we made slight improvements but im not 100% sure if it helps every jersey since most rely on the printing

The authentic vs swingman elitism in this thread is getting comical.

You poll people outside of this thread, and the majority would say that the authentic price tag, even after disco treatment, isnt worth it.

At the end of the day, both m&n authentics and swingmans are replicas when you really think about it, been saying that since day 1. From a quality perspective, I agree that swingmans are priced better for what you get.
Replicas or not, the authentics still get much closer to the real OG joints (except the ones they really messed up like the Richmond Kings piece and others), as close as one can get to the actual gamers, which are far more expensive. The authentics are legit nice and good quality fashion pieces. Of course, none of this matters if you don't know how to dress but that's besides the point :lol: .

Swingmans look cheap to me. The names and numbers are made of plastic, and they fade after a couple washes anyway. In fact, they fake the double stitching effect to replicate the 3D look. They're official fakes. Not knocking anyone for wearing swingmans, that's not my point, by all means do you. But they're not even comparable to the authentic line.

I disagree with the price tag too. I think swingmans are the ones that are unreasonably expensive. They should sell for 70 bucks max at retail. I mean with a 20% code, I was able to get a markdown authentic for 168$ recently. That's far better value than a 110$ swingman that'll last you two months.

What outsiders think doesn't matter to me honestly.

I’m wearing my swingman Rockets home pinstripes right now. Better believe if they finally release rockets authentics in home and aways of these (because I have both in swingmans), the swingmans are getting retired with a quickness. One of the main reasons I want the rockets dons so bad

Back
Top Bottom