Official Mitchell and Ness Thread: Jerseys, Hats, Shirts, Shorts, Questions POST EM UP

Authentic Wiz now live 👀

Excluded from sale though. Picked it up on eBay few weeks back and my guy just finished with the pockets too.

450479F6-AF29-4B75-B0D6-147A46A42F3F.jpeg
1AAA9D52-7377-421B-9076-9E580430677E.jpeg

Last edited:
Yeah assuming the sale will be 40% off. Hope it is. Does anybody recall if they have had 40% off sales on Father's Day before?

They have. They had 40% damn near every other month at one point. :lol:

But in this era of popularity, I'm not expecting them to do it. :frown:

PO

While they may, I decided to pop yesterday during the 30. Didn’t want to risk missing the jersey I had my eyes on for $20-30 bucks.

If the 40 comes around I’ll scoop stuff I had on my radar but not worried about missing

Was mulling the teal Griffey yesterday and it sold out. So I copped the 89 griffey and the Randy Johnson BP (yes I'm a Mariner fan). Funny how the Ichiro BP is sold out but you could easily say the Randy Johnson BP is Ichiro :lol:

Glad I can finally retire my Jay Buhner BP from many years ago.
They haven't actually released the Ichiro yet. They just loaded it on the page and is supposed to be a part of their big baseball roll out in May.

They haven't actually released the Ichiro yet. They just loaded it on the page and is supposed to be a part of their big baseball roll out in May.
I was waiting on that nomo BP as well. I hope they release them soon

My wife had one of Kobe jerseys framed.

Problem was she took one of my old Reebok Kobe jerseys that was a 4xl. That frame takes up an entire wall. Lol

I'm gonna get a couple more jerseys framed but I will buy them in size small to medium.

I need to see a pic of this jersey yo.

I want to get a few more jerseys framed but the cost is a lot and it’s also a ***** framing something I might want to wear.

Think I paid like $430 for both of these framing.

F2C374C1-CF63-4D4C-B490-1E5CA9F9C6E2.jpeg
81486BA1-057F-4570-8584-D1DA7A5A7744.jpeg

Want to pick up some more authentics to replace/retire my Nike authentics from the 2000s but I need a bigger discount.

Coincidentally, I'm in the same boat with the replacing aspect because either I stupidly got a lot of authentics way too oversized back then or I got rid of them for whatever reason. That's why the Mitchell & Ness versions currently available come in handy for that reason.

Or some of the authentics from back then had discrepancies. The Nike, Reebok and Adidas Lakers authentics from the 2000s had the wrong stitching style with them using the layered style instead of the correct kiss-cut style. The font details on them were incorrect too. That's why I'm glad I got the Mitchell & Ness versions because they have most of the details accurate.

But why do you have the need to retire the Nike authentics from the 2000s? If they're still wearable and fit, why not keep wearing them because it's always cool to have the original version instead of a rehashed throwback version? Those Nike versions from 1997-98 to 2003-04 will always be nice.

I can't remember the last time I wore an authentic jersey in consecutive days. I wore the Magic Tracy McGrady jersey yesterday. I felt like it was 20 years ago wearing it yesterday, like 2002 all over again.
IMG_6165.JPG

Wearing this jersey yesterday had me conjure up a line Method Man rapped on Say What featuring Missy Elliot, "I'm number one like P.E. (Public Enemy) or Tracy McGrady".

It also had me reminiscing on the early 2000s since it was popular during that period. This Magic jersey will always be identifiable despite McGrady wearing it for only three seasons. This jersey will always embody the early 2000s.

I remember this jersey crossed over by like 2002 because many people wore it in different regions. They were definitely popular in L.A. Stores that sold authentic jerseys acknowledged that they sold out of them most of the times they had them.

I recall the authentics were initially made by Champion, then Reebok had them for one season when they got the NBA license in 2002-03. I would say more people had the Champion version than the Reebok version by 2002 based on its popularity and timing. People who didn't get the Champion version earlier that year had to get the Reebok version later that year.

I hope Mitchell & Ness also eventually makes the white version of this Magic jersey.

I can't remember the last time I wore an authentic jersey in consecutive days. I wore the Magic Tracy McGrady jersey yesterday. I felt like it was 20 years ago wearing it yesterday, like 2002 all over again.
IMG_6165.JPG

Wearing this jersey yesterday had me conjure up a line Method Man rapped on Say What featuring Missy Elliot, "I'm number one like P.E. (Public Enemy) or Tracy McGrady".

It also had me reminiscing on the early 2000s since it was popular during that period. This Magic jersey will always be identifiable despite McGrady wearing it for only three seasons. This jersey will always embody the early 2000s.

I remember this jersey crossed over by like 2002 because many people wore it in different regions. They were definitely popular in L.A. Stores that sold authentic jerseys acknowledged that they sold out of them most of the times they had them.

I recall the authentics were initially made by Champion, then Reebok had them for one season when they got the NBA license in 2002-03. I would say more people had the Champion version than the Reebok version by 2002 based on its popularity and timing. People who didn't get the Champion version earlier that year had to get the Reebok version later that year.

I hope Mitchell & Ness also eventually makes the white version of this Magic jersey.
Dope jersey. Not going at you in a disrespectful way, but I think you could/should size down.

IMG_6165.JPG

This jersey blew my mind the first time I saw it. I copped the Reebok version of this and the Hardwood Classics Pinstripe McGrady for $20 when I worked at Value City in college. Both were way too big so I got rid of them

Back
Top Bottom