Official MLB The Show 18 Thread | Available Now

How's the learning curve for the game?

I haven't bought a baseball game in a minute, but I need another PS4 sports fix outside of 2k.

How's the learning curve for the game?

I haven't bought a baseball game in a minute, but I need another PS4 sports fix outside of 2k.

If your patient you should be good. If not, R.I.P.

Last edited:
That's why I was debating cancelling my pre-order, Im not patient at all.
mean.gif
laugh.gif

it's smooth on the vita. u can keep your road to the show going now from 13 into this one which is cool. i'm actually near retiring a player :lol:

it's worth the buy on the vita though ... i play this **** all night at work :smokin

it's smooth on the vita. u can keep your road to the show going now from 13 into this one which is cool. i'm actually near retiring a player :lol:

it's worth the buy on the vita though ... i play this **** all night at work :smokin

Hold on! You can continue with your save from last year???

That's why I was debating cancelling my pre-order, Im not patient at all. :smh: :lol:

In the minors is really where you have to learn a lot. When your a bum you get all type if pitches to hit. But once you start to get good and knocking stuff out the park your patience is key because your not going to get a lit in the strike zone.

Facing top pitchers like CC and Verlander is crazy! Them boys have no mercy. :lol:

This game is crazy addictive because you want so bad to do good. If your in a slump your not going to want to cut it off until you get that RBI or HR trust me. :lol:

^ yup :smokin

just upload it to cloud ...

What!!! I can't wait for this game!!! :pimp:

Probably get it on the vita before I get on PS4 :pimp:

Edit: just remembered I don't have my save from last year because I have a new ps3. :smh:

Last edited:
i've been doing my RTTS with a pitcher and yes , this **** is like crack. i'm 12 yrs in my career (2 in the minors), 2 cy young's , no titles and i'm a yankee :smokin :lol:

i recognize not one player in the game anymore though ...

What do you suggest starting as for new players? Never bought The Show last baseball game I had was probably Triple Play '98.

play road to the show to get the hang of it and then you'll wanna start a season. it's pretty easy to get the hang of ....

What do you suggest starting as for new players? Never bought The Show last baseball game I had was probably Triple Play '98.

It really depends on what you like...

A pitcher doesn't play everyday so you play a little bit if games. But it's probably the hardest position.

1st base is easiest obviously.

The outfield is cake because you have to be complete trash to get a error :lol:

I usually play SS, it's probably the second hardest position. You have to be sharp. A lot of plays come your way. And that throw to first can be difficult if your player attributes aren't high yet. You have to be very accurate or a lot of errors come your way.

Catchers have it hard to because your playing every pitch. And you have to help the pitcher out.

Anybody that's playing for the first time know that's it's fun and addictive but it's not easy. Especially if you aren't patient. Swinging at pitches that are out the strike zone is a no no. Because that will be all they throw you.

I meant more of as a position? I was thinking of being a CF'er. Is it like 2K where it's easier to be a PG or SG?

oh, CF was the easiest , for me. catcher and 1B is the most boring , SS and 2B are a good challenge. RF and LF are kinda easy. i get the most fun out of pitching , starter or closer ...

It really has been the best sports game for a while. :pimp:

And they actually add good things every year. It seems like they take pride in it being as realistic as possible. And I think that's great.

Also newcomers make sure you pick a swing that you are comfortable with. I always use the most beautiful swing ever. Mr Ken Griffey JR. :pimp:

Snap just saw that GameStop is giving $20 in game credit when you pre-order. I already pre-ordered the PS4 version from BB, but I'll head over to GS tomorrow to lock the Vita version in.

i use yoenis cespedes ( however u spell it) batting stance ..

it seems like this year they fell in love with the red sox beards :smh:

Im buying a baseball because of the way it looks and I don't even know half the positions
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Back
Top Bottom