Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^ It's been official for awhile now.
rumoured and very highly likely because of tuf , but still unofficial. nothing in ink = unofficial.

i could personally skip ufc 81 and go right to 82 for silva/hendo.

arlovski returning on that card as well.

Speaking of Hardonk, that dude can probably clear a rain forest with his leg kicks.

Good Lord.

Originally Posted by Bastitch

Speaking of Hardonk, that dude can probably clear a rain forest with his leg kicks.

Good Lord.
A lot of casual fans underestimate the power of leg kicks
laugh.gif

You catch a guy a few times in the same area, he'll be limping for DAYS!!

I have to say, UFC 80 was one of the best all around events I've watched in a while. Only one fight went to a decision, and it was an untelevised , match.Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember watching SEVEN fights that night!! I can't remember the last card that televised so many fights!! Let'shope UFN 12 can continue the 'excitement' leading into 81 in Vegas.

Nog will defeat Tim, Mir will submitand Horn/Marquardt will be a very interesting match-up. The fight I'm most looking forward to is Eastman/Martin on theundercard. I'm expecting a hard hitting slugfest that'll end with one man out cold int he 1st round!
happy.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

Originally Posted by OwensStr8Clownin

I can't stand BJ Penn, I hope if he fights Sherk he gets KO

WHAT?
What do you not like about BJ? And HOW can you like Sherk? He's the worst. He's a prick and his style is so boring.
You know when you just can't stand a person for no reason? Well it's kinda like that, except I hated him from TUF when was coachingagaisn't Jens Pulver

Originally Posted by demonbasketball04

Good Lord.
laugh.gif

I have to say, UFC 80 was one of the best all around events I've watched in a while. Only one fight went to a decision, and it was an untelevised , match. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember watching SEVEN fights that night!! I can't remember the last card that televised so many fights!! Let's hope UFN 12 can continue the 'excitement' leading into 81 in Vegas.

Nog will defeat Tim, Mir will submitand Horn/Marquardt will be a very interesting match-up. The fight I'm most looking forward to is Eastman/Martin on the undercard. I'm expecting a hard hitting slugfest that'll end with one man out cold int he 1st round!
happy.gif

Two fights went to decision. The Stout/Ecklund fight, and the Taylor/Kelly fight. But the first 30-40 secs of the Taylor/Kelly fight was bananas. And theyshowed 8 fights, not 7. Crazy night of knockouts.. and agreed that it's one of the best all around cards in a LONG LONG time. I actually can't rememberwhen the last card I watched was that featured that many KOs.

Originally Posted by i need Js

Good Lord.
laugh.gif

I have to say, UFC 80 was one of the best all around events I've watched in a while. Only one fight went to a decision, and it was an untelevised , match. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I remember watching SEVEN fights that night!! I can't remember the last card that televised so many fights!! Let's hope UFN 12 can continue the 'excitement' leading into 81 in Vegas.

Nog will defeat Tim, Mir will submitand Horn/Marquardt will be a very interesting match-up. The fight I'm most looking forward to is Eastman/Martin on the undercard. I'm expecting a hard hitting slugfest that'll end with one man out cold int he 1st round!
happy.gif

Two fights went to decision. The Stout/Ecklund fight, and the Taylor/Kelly fight. But the first 30-40 secs of the Taylor/Kelly fight was bananas. And they showed 8 fights, not 7. Crazy night of knockouts.. and agreed that it's one of the best all around cards in a LONG LONG time. I actually can't remember when the last card I watched was that featured that many KOs.
Yeah my fault, there was two decisions. I forgot the Taylor/Kelly fight went to decision. That fight was a WAR!! Was there 8 televised?! Geez Imust've lost count
laugh.gif

Tonights card should be entertaining as well
glasses.gif

demonbasketball04 wrote:

laugh.gif

Truth! I love watching a fight/fighter who can utilize powerful leg kicks. I can only imagine how painful it is to get kicked over and over in the samespot like that. Frank Trigg once compared it to taking a whiffle ball bat, wrapping the end of the bat with a whole roll of duct tape and then straight upbaseball swinging it against someones thigh over and over again. If you want to see someone get absolutely dominated by leg kicks, try to find a clip of BasRutten's last fight in the WFA. He fought some joker named Warpath or something (what a waste of $40 for that PPV but i digress). Granted, the guy hefought was a can, but Bas got the guy to submit due to lowkicks. These were Hardonk-esque chop a tree down low kicks and you know dude was gonna be oncrutches for a week.

dood who said Gonzaga = Hype... i think youre jumpin the gun a bit. He's still young and has a time to grow. That dude will be a force. Someone alreadymentioned it, but Werdum is a world class fighter and Gonzaga was able to control Rd. 1. Once he tightens up his game and concentration that guy will be alegitimate contender for the UFC HW belt.

That was a pretty lackluster Fight Night IMO. Swick/Burkman fight was a snooze. I need to see Nate fight some tougher competition to get a true gauge on him.Good for Cote to get another win.

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

This fight night was boring as hell for the most part.
ohwell.gif
Yeah pretty much.

Am I the only one who is irritated when Nate Diaz talks?! Like nails on a chalk board
sick.gif
. Good win for him though, and I agree he needs a better oppponent next timearound. Don't know how much Dana wants to invest in him, but a Diaz/Guida fight would be
smokin.gif
. Only downfall would be if Guida loses, his stock will pretty much be depleted
tired.gif

^ Im with you on that one. Its difficult to put into words how irritating that guy is. Dude talks like he's gods gift to MMA. Talkin bout steamrollin theLW division. Too bad Dana has already said that Sherk will get BJ for his next fight. He should have fed Diaz to Sherk as a tuneup fight so he can get slammed(and then LnP'd) to death.

Good thing Burkman/Swick was lame. My DVR cut it off after the 2nd round. I was hoping I didnt miss anything. I thought McFedries/Cote was a decently excitingfight. Cote was eating some tough shots right on the face and he kept coming forward. Much respect.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Good thing Burkman/Swick was lame. My DVR cut it off after the 2nd round. I was hoping I didnt miss anything. I thought McFedries/Cote was a decently exciting fight. Cote was eating some tough shots right on the face and he kept coming forward. Much respect.
I've had a really high level of respect for Cote since his fight with Ortiz years back. Taking a title a fight with someone of Tiot's caliberin a few weeks time definately takes courage!

Good Lord.
laugh.gif

I don't disagree that they are underestimated. I get irritated though, when announcers feel the need to always point out "good leg kicks",similar to how they had the habit of sideways apologizing of the "underappreciated groundwork of grapplers" to casual fans in the late 90's/early2000's, even when they are only glancing blows or if they're checked.
That fight night was kind of weird, though. I was just hoping Nate Diazwould say something stupid, like "Give my brother a job..."

For the record, Nate and Nick Diaz should never talk. Ever.

Bastitch wrote:

For the record, Nate and Nick Diaz should never talk. Ever.
Agree. "Goldy" should not speak either, even though he is the commentator. Next PPV I think I need to have a drinking game to take a shoteverytime that Goldy or Rogan says "So you want to be an Ultimate Fighter!", "what a war of attritition", "intestinal fortitude",or "he's rocked!/he rocked him!". I think ill be drunk by the end of the 2nd fight.

Anybody manage to catch Corey Hill's undercard fight? He's improved tremendously since his stint on TUF. If he keeps improving at this rate.. he'llbe a problem in the LW division in 2-3 years.

Back
Top Bottom