Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

No predictions for this weekends card?

As much as I hate Tim Sylvia I'm goin with the upset. I made some decent coin off that gorilla when he beat Arlovski, I'm thinking hes gonna pull itout again. Kevin Iole on Yahoo Sports touched upon a lot of the matchup issues that could be in Sylvia's favor. If Nog can get this to the ground, gameover, but otherwise I'm thinking Sylvia will eek out a split decision in a 5 round snoozefest.

Brock > Mir too although its not an "upset" according to the current betting lines. Mir has not impressed me with any of his performances sincecoming back. Brock is too big too strong too athletic. Assuming he doesnt get caught in a rookie submission (big IF of course seeing as how he is a rookie)this one is gonna be all Lesnar.

Mir needs to stay in shape if he wants to pull this one off. I hope he wins most likely by a submission. I don't like Tim Sylvia so I'm rooting forNogueira to take this one.

The card for Fight Night is seriously stacked. Heres the card, which is set to take place April 2 in Colorado.

Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
Stephan Bonnar vs. Matt Hamill
Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer

Predictions for this weekend's event (bold):

MAIN CARD (TELEVISED)

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Tim Sylvia (for interim heavyweight title)
Ricardo Almeida vs. Alan Belcher
Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt

PRELIMINARY CARD (NOT TELEVISED)

Tyson Griffin vs. Gleison Tibau
Kyle Bradley vs. Chris Lytle
Marvin Eastman vs. Terry Martin
Tim Boetsch VS. David Heath
Rob Emerson vs. Keita Nakamura

That Fight Night card looks awesome. Im surprised they didnt just tack on a title fight and make that a PPV event. That card looks better than the PPV thisweek.

Mir needs to stay in shape if he wants to pull this one off. I hope he wins most likely by a submission. I don't like Tim Sylvia so I'm rooting for Nogueira to take this one.
these are basically my thoughts on the show

Fight Night Apr. 2 > UFC 81

Kenny Florian vs. Joe Lauzon
Stephan Bonnar vs. Matt Hamill
Thiago Alves vs. Karo Parisyan
Houston Alexander vs. James Irvin
Marcus Aurelio vs. Spencer Fisher
Josh Neer vs. Din Thomas
Clay Guida vs. Samy Schiavo
Anthony Johnson vs. Tommy Speer

this is what they should offer when they name a card 'stacked'. thats ridiculous.

This was posted on mmanews.com:

5 Oz. Exclusive: UFC deal with Takanori Gomi falls through

January 28, 2008 By: Sam Caplan

A potential deal between Takanori Gomi and the UFC has fallen through, FiveOuncesOfPain.com (www.FiveOuncesOfPain.com) has learned.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com first became aware of the story when a source close to Frankie Edgar revealed that the lightweight contender had been offered and accepteda potential bout vs. Gomi. The fight fell through after the UFC was unable to secure a contract with PRIDE's final reigning lightweightchampion.

^SMH UFC is lowballing Gomi...UFC 82 is looking good too

-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Dan Henderson (#3 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Jon Fitch (#4 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Chris Wilson
-Andrei Arlovski (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Jake O'Brien
-Josh Koscheck (#5 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Dustin Hazelett
-Diego Sanchez (#8 Welterweight in the World)* vs. David Bielkheden
-Yushin Okami (#9 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Evan Tanner
-Cheick Kongo (#10 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Heath Herring
-Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara
-Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
-Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

Originally Posted by wildout4

^ is that arlovski fight official???
Both fighters agreed to it and contracts have been signed
smokin.gif

Not too amped for this weekends card, but still looking forward to see what Brock can (or can't) do. I'm hoping Mir is able to break his arm as well.
laugh.gif

Also hoping that Big Nog is able to get inside on Tim as easily as Couture did, take him down, control him and come out with the victory.

My predictions always suck
laugh.gif

Brock Lesnar vs. Frank Mir
Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs. Tim Sylvia (for interim heavyweight title)
Ricardo Almeida vs. Alan Belcher
Jeremy Horn vs. Nate Marquardt

Tyson Griffin vs. Gleison Tibau
Kyle Bradley vs. Chris Lytle
Marvin Eastman vs. Terry Martin
Tim Boetsch VS. David Heath
Rob Emerson vs. Keita Nakamura

Originally Posted by MonopolyMan630

^For real. I'm anxious to see Lauzon fight Florian. It will definitley be a step up in competition for him.

Kenflo is always exciting to watch. I love that the dude looks so unassuming but is an absolute beast. If I saw him at a bar I would totally think that Icould wreck shop on dude but would end up a bloody mess with a broken arm within 20 seconds.

82 lookin good
pimp.gif

probably not checkin out the card this weekend, but im interested to see the fights later.

Jon Fitch (#4 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Chris Wilson

fitch and koscheck should be fighting more high profile opponents especially fitch because he's in the title picture.

i would have liked to see them fight each other even though they're both with american kickbox.

5 Oz. Exclusive: UFC deal with Takanori Gomi falls through

January 28, 2008 By: Sam Caplan

A potential deal between Takanori Gomi and the UFC has fallen through, FiveOuncesOfPain.com (www.FiveOuncesOfPain.com) has learned.

FiveOuncesOfPain.com first became aware of the story when a source close to Frankie Edgar revealed that the lightweight contender had been offered and accepted a potential bout vs. Gomi. The fight fell through after the UFC was unable to secure a contract with PRIDE's final reigning lightweight champion.

penn/gomi 2 would be fantastic.

Originally Posted by His diabolical Majesty

^SMH UFC is lowballing Gomi...UFC 82 is looking good too

-Anderson Silva (#1 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Dan Henderson (#3 Light Heavyweight in the World)*
-Jon Fitch (#4 Welterweight in the World)* vs. Chris Wilson
-Andrei Arlovski (#5 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Jake O'Brien
-Diego Sanchez (#8 Welterweight in the World)* vs. David Bielkheden
-Yushin Okami (#9 Middleweight in the World)* vs. Evan Tanner
-Cheick Kongo (#10 Heavyweight in the World)* vs. Heath Herring
-Chris Leben vs. Alessio Sakara
-Luke Cummo vs. Luigi Fioravanti
-Jorge Gurgel vs. John Halverson

Now this card is stacked, I can't wait. This is AA's last fight in his contract, too bad he might leave UFC. He should've the tittle shot withtwo wins. Zuffa probably didn't give him the tittle shot because he don't want to renew his contract with them, thats some cold blooded stuff rightthere. He might go to M-1 and fight Fedor.

P.S. On the main event I think Hendo is going to take this one, no doubt
pimp.gif

Boring card.... We could potentially see every fight on the main card go to decision. Brock is going to lay 'n' pray, Sylvia's going to punch air,Big Nog won't be able to get inside, Marquardt is boring, Almeida... I don't know where he's at right now-- we'll see if he's returned tohis old form. Only fight I'm excited for is Tyson's.

My Picks:

Brock Lesnar def. Frank Mir (LNP)
Tim Sylvia def.Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Decision... as much as I hate to say it)
Ricardo Almeida def. Rob Yundt (Decision)
Jeremy Horn def. Nate Marquardt (3rd Rd. Sub)

Tyson Griffin def. Gleison Tibau (Dec.)
Chris Lytle def. Kyle Bradley (Don't know... but Lytle cannot be finished)
Marvin Eastman def. Terry Martin (3rd Rd. KO)
David Heath def. Tim Boetsch (Dec.)
Keita Nakamura def. Rob Emerson (2nd or 3rd Sub.)

Tim Sylvia def.Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira (Decision... as much as I hate to say it)

I'll be happy whoever wins but I want NOG to take it
grin.gif
He's alegend to me despite whatever anyone else says.
Would be kind of weird though if he wins. 2 Fights in a cage and he's champ.

Originally Posted by Clutchshooter

He was awesome back in da WWE.

yes, he was awesome at improvising a fake fight
eyes.gif

Nah seriously he was a BEAST. His strength and power from dat league will give him that advantage over Frank on Saturday. He is also an all-Americancollege wrestler from the University of Minnesota.

Originally Posted by True Blues

Boring card.... We could potentially see every fight on the main card go to decision. Brock is going to lay 'n' pray, Sylvia's going to punch air, Big Nog won't be able to get inside, Marquardt is boring, Almeida... I don't know where he's at right now-- we'll see if he's returned to his old form. Only fight I'm excited for is Tyson's.

My Picks:

I thought Almeida was fighting Alan Belcher or was I smoking crack the day I looked at the lineup? Either way... interesting to see where he's at. I'm going to give Lesnar the benefit of the doubt and hope that he puts on an exciting show instead of LnPing his way to victory. He did win his firstfight by tap due to strikes (although it was laughable). Maybe he does have some force behind those bear paw punches of his.

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

Originally Posted by True Blues

Boring card.... We could potentially see every fight on the main card go to decision. Brock is going to lay 'n' pray, Sylvia's going to punch air, Big Nog won't be able to get inside, Marquardt is boring, Almeida... I don't know where he's at right now-- we'll see if he's returned to his old form. Only fight I'm excited for is Tyson's.

My Picks:

I thought Almeida was fighting Alan Belcher or was I smoking crack the day I looked at the lineup? Either way... interesting to see where he's at. I'm going to give Lesnar the benefit of the doubt and hope that he puts on an exciting show instead of LnPing his way to victory. He did win his first fight by tap due to strikes (although it was laughable). Maybe he does have some force behind those bear paw punches of his.

Belcher backed out due to a severe case of bronchitis. Yundt is his replacement.

Back
Top Bottom