Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Keith Kizer, the Executive Director of the Nevada State Athletic Commission just sent this out regarding the drug testing for Saturday's UFC show.....
"I am still waiting for all steroid and drug test results to come back.  We did have at least one positive test.  I will send out an email later today on that matter."

Nick dun goofed
laugh.gif

Rumored card in Hawaii headlined by Baby Jay?
eek.gif

Originally Posted by Burn916

Nick dun goofed
laugh.gif

Rumored card in Hawaii headlined by Baby Jay?
eek.gif
I know Dana gotta be blowing up BJ's phone to comeback for that card. Offering up big money, they want it in the Aloha Stadium 
eek.gif
laugh.gif

Baby Jay making a final run at 155 would be 
pimp.gif

It's definitely Nick. The rumors have been around since last night as to that being the reason that the rematch was called off after basically being a done deal.

Now we'll get to hear all the tainted supplement bull**** again.

[h1]http://mmajunkie.com/news/27355/nic...ces-disciplinary-action-following-ufc-143.mma[/h1]
[h1]Nick Diaz tests positive for marijuana metabolites, faces discipline following UFC 143[/h1]
by MMAjunkie.com Staff on Feb 09, 2012 at 5:15 pm ET
nick-diaz-27.jpg
Carlos Condit and Nick Diaz may ultimately fight again someday, but it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon.

Former Strikeforce champion Diaz tested positive for marijuana metabolites following his controversial five-round clash with former WEC titleholder Condit at this past weekend's UFC 143 event.

That's according to Nevada State Athletic Commission executive director Keith Kizer, who today emailed the event's drug-testing results to MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

Diaz was one of 18 fighters on the card tested for performance-enhancing drugs and drugs of abuse. The remaining tests received to date have thus far all been negative.

Diaz will ultimately have to appear before the NSAC to address the failed screen. Barring a successful appeal, the offense will serve as Diaz's second infraction under the commission's watch. Diaz also tested positive for marijuana following a 2007 win over Takanori Gomi at PRIDE 33. Diaz was suspended for six months for that offense, and the result of the bout was changed to a no-contest.

This past Saturday at UFC 143, Condit earned a unanimous decision over Diaz to become the UFC interim welterweight champion and set a fight with undisputed champ Georges St-Pierre sometime this year. The pay-per-view event took place this past Saturday at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas.

Diaz said he would retire shortly after the decision was handed down. UFC president Dana White then said he would understand if Diaz wanted to retire but also entertained the possibility of a rematch with Condit as St-Pierre healed from the torn ACL that scratched his scheduled meeting with Diaz and this past Saturday's event.

However, the potential rematch was quickly nixed by Diaz's camp, who declined to speculate as to the reason.

Diaz and his camp have yet to comment on the test result.

For complete coverage of UFC 143, stay tuned to the UFC Events section of the site.

i cant believe it

Spoiler [+]
laugh.gif

Diaz gonna get suspended then be awarded a title fight when he comes back to the winner of GSP VS Condit.
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

Originally Posted by Smedroc

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

OK, now look how many are leg kicks. Plus the fight is not only judged by strikes. I had Diaz winning 1,2, and 5.
Nick won round 2?? where though??.... goddamn
laugh.gif

You might not score leg kicks highly but they score higher than taunts and verbal abuse on fight metric
laugh.gif

Nick wasn't pressing the fight. He was waiting for the fight to come to him so all this control and pushing the pace stuff is bs.
Who cares about Fight Metric? Fights are not scored using Fight Metric, dude.

He wasn't pressing the fight? WOW. Please watch again. I guess walking your opponent into the cage and hitting him twice before he jogs away doesn't count as pressing the fight. And Nick Diaz has never waited for the fight to come to him, come on
laugh.gif

I'm done.
If that actually happened Nick would have won a UD
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by 4wrestling

It's definitely Nick. The rumors have been around since last night as to that being the reason that the rematch was called off after basically being a done deal.

Now we'll get to hear all the tainted supplement bull**** again.
!%! why? That excuse comes up for anabolic steroids. Nick owned up to the last failed test and admits that he smokes up unitl 10 days before his fights 
It's not that big a deal really, he just shot himself in the foot for an instant rematch. Hopefully they give him only 6 months, he comes back a whoops Fitch or Kos or who ever they throw at 

him. GSP blankets Carlos  
laugh.gif
 (that would be such sweet justice), and we get Diaz v. GSP at the Super Bowl card in 2013. Then everything will be right in the MMA world 
pimp.gif

For you fools saying "it's just weed"

It's a banned substance. He's a moron for using when he knows he's going to be tested.

What a dummy.  He's an adult, no reason he should be smoking weed before a major fight like that.
It's weird seeing all the Nick Diaz support in this thread.  A year ago it was completely different.  Even recently people were saying his standup sucked.  I used to hate him but seeing his crazy fights in Strikeforce made me a fan of his.  The fight with Daley is still one of my favorites 
smokin.gif

It's a banned substance. He's a moron for using when he knows he's going to be tested.
He stops using it 10 days before every fight. He has been doing this for years, his detox didn't work this time. He goofed, he will pay the price but weed does not improve your performance 
so it is not like he was trying to cheat....He was legally ingesting a natural substance days before a fight. He never intended to test positive brah

Yes, and Diaz should have known better-- especially given his past suspension following Pride 33.

That does not, however, excuse the hypocrisy of athletic commissions which clear combatants receiving TRT (with a prescription), and punish those using medical marijuana (also prescribed).

Originally Posted by True Blues

Yes, and Diaz should have known better-- especially given his past suspension following Pride 33.

That does not, however, excuse the hypocrisy of athletic commissions which clear combatants receiving TRT (with a prescription), and punish those using medical marijuana (also prescribed).
DING!DING!DING! Thank You for bringing up this point. And TRT is something that directly affects a fighters performance.

Well, there are multiple athletic commissions so you have to deal with each different set of rules.  If he wants to smoke weed then he should fight in Japan.  You can do whatever kind of drugs you want over there.

Originally Posted by shogun

If he wants to smoke weed then he should fight in Japan.  You can do whatever kind of drugs you want over there.
Uh, did you forget that he got DQed against Gomi in Japan for failing cuz of weed?

And yeah, this was really dumb on Nick's part, but Diaz gonna Diaz. As much as I hate to say it, dude needs new management. First the whole press conference fiasco, now this. Yes, it's his responsibility, but he needs to have people around him that are gonna help him make better decisions.

I also think the TRT exceptions are BS (Sonnen, Marquart AND Hendo have them? Hm
eyes.gif
). I honestly think Nick is someone who legitimately uses weed medically. Anyone that has seen his interviews knows he looks mad awkward and never makes eye contact. This is a biased opinion (I use MMJ), but that's what it looks like from my perspective.

^
Nah, that was Pride's last event in America.  They had to test because of the athletic commission there.

I'm skeptical about most people who have a medical marijuana card.  California seems pretty lenient when giving them out from the news stories I see.  There are certain doctors people recommend that are easy to get it from.  You just complain of headaches, back pain, trouble sleeping or some other bs.  Nick has trouble expressing himself and might have some sort of anxiety, there are other medications besides marijuana that he could take.  Of course marijuana is more fun to take and people prefer it.

Koscheck vs Hendricks has been signed for the next UFC on Fox in May. Despite having no big name fight, it's shaping up to be a hell of an action packed card.

Back
Top Bottom