Official MMA Thread-UFC on FOX 3, 5/5/12 - Anyone asking for stream links = banned.

Originally Posted by LLCoolMichael

Grand Prix Predictions:
Fedor VS Bigfoot: Fedor via TKO.
Werdum VS Kharitonov: Kharitonov via UD *Biased Opinion*
Barnett VS Rodgers: Barnett via UD.
Overeem VS Arlovsky: DO I even need to say it? Overeem via vicious KO..

Round 2:
Fedor VS Kharitonov: Fedor via submission.
frown.gif

Barnett VS Overeem: Overeem via TKO.

Championship:
Fedor VS Overeem: Fedor via TKO (I still don't know about Overeems chin)

Kharitonov isn't fighting Werdum, Werdum is fighting Overeem and winner fights winner of Fedor v Big foot. And Arlovski is fighting Sergei

Originally Posted by Lakersfan1

Grand Prix Predictions:
Fedor VS Bigfoot: Fedor via TKO.
Werdum VS Kharitonov: Kharitonov via UD *Biased Opinion*
Barnett VS Rodgers: Barnett via UD.
Overeem VS Arlovsky: DO I even need to say it? Overeem via vicious KO..

Round 2:
Fedor VS Kharitonov: Fedor via submission.
frown.gif

Barnett VS Overeem: Overeem via TKO.

Championship:
Fedor VS Overeem: Fedor via TKO (I still don't know about Overeems chin)

Kharitonov isn't fighting Werdum, Werdum is fighting Overeem and winner fights winner of Fedor v Big foot. And Arlovski is fighting Sergei
Werdum VS Overeem in the first round? That's dumb as hell. Oh well, I hope Sergei and Alistair put in work...
they did it so we get the see Overeem vs Werdum and if Fedor wins we get to see Fedor vs Overeem the fight everyone wanted or Fedor vs Werdum rematch for his only lose

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

I'm looking at the SF card for this weekend and trying to do a bit of research for potential bets.

Can anyone school me on Gian Villante? Is this kid supposed to be a hot prospect? legit?

I thought that Chad Griggs was a tomato can that they brought in tailor made for Lashley to win (even though he faded). The price has moved some in Villante's favor, but I'm wondering if its still "free" money at -250. Anyone have any insight? I honestly cant say that I've ever seen a Ring of Combat match so I dont know anything about this guy Villante.

He's one of the top LHW prospects, grouped with the likes of Pezao and Glover Teixiera...but fighting at HW, I'm not 100% sure he's money in the bank. With that said, he shouldnt gas like Bobby Lashley, and if SF has any brains they scheduled this matchup as a relatively risk-free showcase for their new signing. Probably a safe bet, all things considered.

Originally Posted by Burn916

I'm looking at the SF card for this weekend and trying to do a bit of research for potential bets.

Can anyone school me on Gian Villante? Is this kid supposed to be a hot prospect? legit?

I thought that Chad Griggs was a tomato can that they brought in tailor made for Lashley to win (even though he faded). The price has moved some in Villante's favor, but I'm wondering if its still "free" money at -250. Anyone have any insight? I honestly cant say that I've ever seen a Ring of Combat match so I dont know anything about this guy Villante.

He's one of the top LHW prospects, grouped with the likes of Pezao and Glover Teixiera...but fighting at HW, I'm not 100% sure he's money in the bank. With that said, he shouldnt gas like Bobby Lashley, and if SF has any brains they scheduled this matchup as a relatively risk-free showcase for their new signing. Probably a safe bet, all things considered.
much appreciated!

on a somewhat related note.  are we ever going to see Glover Texiera in a major US promotion (UFC, SF, Bellator)?  Any news or rumors about a potential signing?

Still saying whomever did the seeding isn't very smart.....

with that said i can't wait to watch this!!!
devil.gif

Originally Posted by im that one

devil.gif

100% disagree.

I think its VERY smart.  It gives the fans the fights we want to see.  By stacking all the bigger draws on one side gives us a much higher probability of seeing those fights.  Who cares if Reem v. Fedor is a 1st round match or the GP Final?  Would it have any less meaning if it was the latter?  Maybe I'm just speaking for myself here, but I dont care if it was a 1st round fight, as long as Reem and Fedor get in the cage together, I am
happy.gif
.  By seeding the top fighters on opposite sides of the bracket, there are just too many landmines and potential upsets that each fighter has to avoid in order to get to that marquee match.

devil.gif

100% disagree.

I think its VERY smart.  It gives the fans the fights we want to see.  By stacking all the bigger draws on one side gives us a much higher probability of seeing those fights.  Who cares if Reem v. Fedor is a 1st round match or the GP Final?  Would it have any less meaning if it was the latter?  Maybe I'm just speaking for myself here, but I dont care if it was a 1st round fight, as long as Reem and Fedor get in the cage together, I am
happy.gif
.  By seeding the top fighters on opposite sides of the bracket, there are just too many landmines and potential upsets that each fighter has to avoid in order to get to that marquee match.
I'm thinking that maybe Strikeforce is hoping for a Reem v. Fedor match up in the final to promote a PPV card. 

I think Kharitanov is on the the downside of his career, I'd like to see Arlovski win the fight and see him face Barnett in the 2nd round. I think Arlovski striking could give him problems. I think Fedor catches Silva with a big right and drops him like Mike Kyle did, but unlike Kyle he will actually finish the fight.

Originally Posted by RustyShackleford

devil.gif

100% disagree.

happy.gif
I'm thinking that maybe Strikeforce is hoping for a Reem v. Fedor match up in the final to promote a PPV card. 
The way the bracket is set up, Reem and Fedor would face each other in the 2nd round if they both win. 

I agree with Mojo, who cares how the bracket is set up, as long as we get to see the fights that we all want to see, that's all that matters. 

If The Reem wins this tournament, would you guys consider him to be 1 or 2nd on Heavyweight rankings? I think he would have a strong case to be ranked #1 if he beats Fedor and gets victories over Werdum and Kharitonov, both of whom he has lost to in the past.

It would be hard to argue with that. Im not so sure the Fedor-Reem match will happen if m-1 starts making all sorts of drug testing demands. In that case, Reem fights an alternate, an then I'm not sure the tourney has the same meaning.

Mojo - I think Teixeira will be in the UFC this year. I read something about him waiting for his green card to be processed, and the Brazil card was mentioned as a possibility.

Originally Posted by Burn916

It would be hard to argue with that. Im not so sure the Fedor-Reem match will happen if m-1 starts making all sorts of drug testing demands. In that case, Reem fights an alternate, an then I'm not sure the tourney has the same meaning.

Mojo - I think Teixeira will be in the UFC this year. I read something about him waiting for his green card to be processed, and the Brazil card was mentioned as a possibility.
Hopefully the stars align and the Brazil card will go down as one of the greatest UFC cards in history.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2011/2/11/1988058/wanderlei-silva-calls-out-vitor-belfort-wants-rematch

Looks like there is a lot of buzz about this on other MMA boards.  I think this would be an easy fight to hype/sell for the UFC's return to Brazil if Joe Silva is willing to shuffle around a couple fights.

^ Yea I was wondering if T. Silva gained that size without juice or anything illegal. Looks like he did something

Originally Posted by PrideFan

Rampage is fighting Matt Hamill not T. Silva. Go @$@"&$ Dammit!
I heard Page turned the fight down, and the T Silva drug issue is still pending.
Good. I rather see Phil Davis choke out Hamill @UFC129.

Fedor_vs_Silva_Poster.jpg

[h3]Main card[/h3]

UFC 130 is getting worst more and more everyday. Dana gotta do some hustling or else this card will do %*%$ numbers 
AND EVERYONE STOP ASKING FOR STREAMS, PMs for streams or imply anything with 
nerd.gif
. Meth warned us twice and the rules are if people don't snitch the thread will get locked 

Back
Top Bottom