Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Your sig had me bugging for a sec

My grails re releasing?!
eek.gif

Cot damn Nike is OD'ng
-----

But yea, I've never been a fan of Joba starting. Hopefully Hughes can continue with the solid starts, maybe Girardi will have the balls to pull the trigger.

Dropping late August (I'll have em next month)
pimp.gif

air-jordan-retro-iii-3-true-blue-august-2009-1.jpg

air-jordan-retro-iii-3-true-blue-august-2009-3.jpg

1243416214366104877.jpg

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

I've been saying that before the season began, but....

Some dude said Joba is a Top 5 pitcher in baseball, I honestly thought he was going to have a heart attack on live television.
eek.gif

Watching him rant while watching Yes Network made it that much more enjoyable.
laugh.gif
I got it saved on .mp3
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

^Drooooooool

eek.gif
pimp.gif

Two quick things...

1) I ate shrimp fried rice for dinner....

2) Thoughts on Joba's first inning situation?

Originally Posted by briannnnn

I've been saying that before the season began, but....

Some dude said Joba is a Top 5 pitcher in baseball, I honestly thought he was going to have a heart attack on live television.
eek.gif

Watching him rant while watching Yes Network made it that much more enjoyable.
laugh.gif
I got it saved on .mp3
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
I want to hear this
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Your sig had me bugging for a sec

My grails re releasing?!
eek.gif

Cot damn Nike is OD'ng
-----

But yea, I've never been a fan of Joba starting. Hopefully Hughes can continue with the solid starts, maybe Girardi will have the balls to pull the trigger.

Dropping late August (I'll have em next month)
pimp.gif

air-jordan-retro-iii-3-true-blue-august-2009-1.jpg

air-jordan-retro-iii-3-true-blue-august-2009-3.jpg

1243416214366104877.jpg
they will be copped FA SHOOOO

Only way Joba goes to the pen is if his ERA goes up to 7
AND
Hughes lowers his ERA to 2

Then Wang can take Joba's spot

Until then......... JOBA WILL BE A STARTER, get over it.

Friday: LHP Andy Pettitte (4-1, 4.30) vs. LHP Cliff Lee (2-5, 3.04) 7:05 p.m. YES

Saturday: LHP CC Sabathia (4-3, 3.42) vs. RHP Fausto Carmona (2-4, 6.42) 7:05 p.m. YES

Sunday: RHP Phil Hughes (3-2, 5.16) vs. RHP Carl Pavano (4-4, 6.10) 12:40 p.m. YES/TBS

Monday: RHP Joba Chamberlain (2-1 3.70) vs. TBA, 7:05 p.m. YES/ESPN

Oh and for the record.....

Yankees have 6 starting pitchers including Hughes being #6

Joba = 2nd best ERA only to CC (only 0.28 ERA pts behind).... and CC is kind of good....

SEND JOBA TO THE PEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Joba = 2nd best ERA only to CC (only 0.28 ERA pts behind).... and CC is kind of good....

Damn, so Joba must be damn near as good as CC then eh? LOL.

Joba's era is 4.00 with a WHIP of 1.57, stop acting like hes some sort of ace at this point in time.

He only pitched 7 innings once this year, and is usually at around 100 pitches after 5. He has pitched (so far:

6 IP, 4.2IP, 5.1 IP, 7.0 IP, 5.2 IP, 6.0 IP, 6.0 IP, 0.2 IP, 4.0 IP

He doesn't have that same dominance starting as he does being in the pen, a 1-2 inning guy being an automatic bridge to Mariano.

If Wang is effective again and Hughes can at least hold his own, Joba will be in the pen.

If Wang is effective again and Hughes can at least hold his own, Joba will be in the pen.
Don't usually agree with Met fans but he has a point. Joba is the solution to our bullpen problem. And Hughes can more than hold his ownwhile not taxing the bullpen.

Come playoff time, Joba is going to be in the bullpen. Giradi is going to go CC, Wang, Burnett, Pettite with Hughes long relief. Which leaves Joba where... Mr.8th Inning.

[table][tr][td]CC Sabathia[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]71.0[/td] [td]60[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]21[/td] [td]48[/td] [td]6.08[/td] [td]109.4[/td] [td]1.14[/td] [td]3.42[/td] [/tr][tr][td]J. Chamberlain[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]9[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]45.1[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]20[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]46[/td] [td]9.13[/td] [td]86.4[/td] [td]1.57[/td] [td]3.97[/td] [/tr][/table]
Are you really going to compare these two? Joba has one less start and 26 less IP against CC and his ERA is half a run worse than CC's. Withthe performances laid out for us so far this season Joba is not cut out to be a starter. I've always been on this side of the fence. He throws way toomany pitches, he's very wild and his velocity takes a good amount of pitches to warm himself up it and get to where he usually is at. For someone who hada ton of concern with arm issues going into the draft, it doesn't bode well for him. Difference between him and someone like David Price whose arm willlast. Joba would be way more effective in the pen. Our starters (typically) eat a good portion of innings. You're telling me you'd rather have Jobain to throw 85-95 pitches over 5 MAYBE 6 innings and then leave it up to the rest of our pen to get to Mo? No thanks. He needs to get his control in orderand from what we've seen so far it's not getting any better. But please, keep using your ridiculous logic to argue your point.

since we're talking about joba. i dont understand why he's gotten wild with his control. when he was in the minors his control was never a problem.nowadays you're not even surprised when he walks 4 batters a game. which is horrible. but to back him up being a starter...i will say...there's beengames where he has gotten settled and girardi takes him out because of the pitch count business. i remember he struck out 10+ vs boston and we took him out inthe 6th. i was tight. i mean if we trying to save his arm, we might as well throw him in the pen, cause sometimes i think we dont let him blossom into howgreat he can really be as a starter because of the stupid pitch count

Originally Posted by Kn0wledgeable

since we're talking about joba. i dont understand why he's gotten wild with his control. when he was in the minors his control was never a problem. nowadays you're not even surprised when he walks 4 batters a game. which is horrible. but to back him up being a starter...i will say...there's been games where he has gotten settled and girardi takes him out because of the pitch count business. i remember he struck out 10+ vs boston and we took him out in the 6th. i was tight. i mean if we trying to save his arm, we might as well throw him in the pen, cause sometimes i think we dont let him blossom into how great he can really be as a starter because of the stupid pitch count

Yea but he also gave up 4 earned runs and had 2 walks. Look up Joba's arm trouble before the draft coming out of Nebraska and see why he fell from aprojected 2nd rounder to a 13th (I think). The pitch count isn't stupid. He has a history of arm injuries and his mechanics aren't great (don'tlet me get OKB in here
laugh.gif
). Joba can't be great until he learns tocontrol his pitches. He is much better for this teams success in the bullpen.

Joba will be in the pen.
No he won't.
The Yankees brass doesn't see your point of view, they see mine.
Joba is staying a starter.

And here some more tidbits for you....

I get that the Yankees need bullpen help. But Joba has a 3.25 ERA in 21 career starts and is averaging 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings. CC Sabathia has a 3.65 ERA as a starter and averages 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Lets make him a reliever. He throws hard. I bet he would be good at it.
Who's laughing now?
LOLOLOL
indifferent.gif

And to end the case

Great starters don't just float down from baseball heaven one day. They are developed, they make mistakes and learn from them, they gain experience. Joba needs to learn to pitch to contact in certain situations and not waste two-strike pitches. His warm-up routine needs work and he's not great holding runners on.

But that all comes in time. And when it all does … holy cow. Starting pitching is the key to winning baseball, period. Learn it, live it, love it.

You know who would have been a heck of a pitcher in the eighth inning? Roy Halladay. But the Blue Jays weren't stupid. They nurtured him and lived through the growing pains and now they have a true ace.
Stop begging the Yankees to be stupid. It makes no sense.

On a more important note

Jorge Posada played six inning in an extended spring training game today in Dunedin, Fla., then said he was scheduled to fly to Cleveland to meet up with the Yankees.

Posada has been out since May 5 with a right hamstring tear. He was hitting .312 with five homers and 20 RBI.

So now you're looking at:

Jeter SS
Damon LF
Teixeira 1B
Rodriguez 3B
Posada C
Cano 2B
Matsui DH
Swisher RF
Gardner CF

pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

Joba will be in the pen.
No he won't.

And Yankees will continue to lose.

Anybody seen the difference of this team's ERA when Posada catches the game compared to Cervilli or Molina? I read somewhere that Posada catcher's ERAwas like in the 7 lol and Cervilli and Molina is around 3.

I get that the Yankees need bullpen help. But Joba has a 3.25 ERA in 21 career starts and is averaging 9.8 strikeouts per nine innings. CC Sabathia has a 3.65 ERA as a starter and averages 7.4 strikeouts per nine innings. Lets make him a reliever. He throws hard. I bet he would be good at it.

And to end the case

LOL @ this clown, who do you keep quoting anyway? What exactly are you "ending"? stop quoting some random blog all the time to helpget your point across.

We talking about this season.....Joba has a 4 ERA and that 9.8 K's per 9 innings is useless because hes pitching 5 innings a game throwing 100+ pitches, sothose 9 K's per 9 innings is an avg of two games pretty much. So in those 5 inning outings as he usually has, he is averaging 5 K's....AMAZING.
eek.gif

Why are you ignoring his HIGH WHIP for this season or his ERA, or his problem throwing too many pitches (seems like he throws 80 pitches by the 4th inningevery outing).

The fact that you want to compare Joba to C.C. shows how much of a clown you are. The only reason Joba isn't in the pen right now is because they arewaiting for Wang to get straightened out, because once that happens he will be in the pen. You think if the Yankees make the playoffs Joba is going to evenSNIFF a start? If Mariano gets hurt who do you think goes to the pen immediately? The best way to utilalize all 3 is if you put Joba in the pen.

There is a reason even Yankee fans are disagreeing with you, but its already been established how much of a clown you are on this board.

Joba will be in the pen.
No he won't.

Who's laughing now?
LOLOLOL
indifferent.gif

And to end the case

Great starters don't just float down from baseball heaven one day. They are developed, they make mistakes and learn from them, they gain experience. Joba needs to learn to pitch to contact in certain situations and not waste two-strike pitches. His warm-up routine needs work and he's not great holding runners on.

But that all comes in time. And when it all does … holy cow. Starting pitching is the key to winning baseball, period. Learn it, live it, love it.

You know who would have been a heck of a pitcher in the eighth inning? Roy Halladay. But the Blue Jays weren't stupid. They nurtured him and lived through the growing pains and now they have a true ace.

I'd be better off talking to a brick wall. It's funny how you refuse to address any facts I stated in either of my two posts you just quote someblogger or %##+#*# writer who sounds even stupider than you do if that's possible. Do you know how %##+#*# idiotic it is to compare Joba's career ERAas a starter to CC's? To compare 21 starts to 264? CC eats innings in less pitches than Joba does. And Roy Halladay? Get the %$#* outta here with that#%!@%@*#. You know why Roy Halladay wasn't sent to be a relief pitcher? HE NEVER HAD A %##+#*# HISTORY OF %##+#*# ARM INJURIES. How %##+#*# stupid areyou? Seriously. You debate and argue *@%# like a 5 year old child. How would the Yankees be stupid putting Joba in the pen? Saving his arm? Possiblysaving his career? You're a %##+#*# waste of 10,000 posts. Jesus.

Originally Posted by Proshares

Joba will be in the pen.
No he won't.

Who's laughing now?
LOLOLOL
indifferent.gif

And to end the case

I'd be better off talking to a brick wall. It's funny how you refuse to address any facts I stated in either of my two posts you just quote some blogger or %##+#*# writer who sounds even stupider than you do if that's possible. Do you know how %##+#*# idiotic it is to compare Joba's career ERA as a starter to CC's? To compare 21 starts to 264? CC eats innings in less pitches than Joba does. And Roy Halladay? Get the %$#* outta here with that #%!@%@*#. You know why Roy Halladay wasn't sent to be a relief pitcher? HE NEVER HAD A %##+#*# HISTORY OF %##+#*# ARM INJURIES. How %##+#*# stupid are you? Seriously. You debate and argue *@%# like a 5 year old child. How would the Yankees be stupid putting Joba in the pen? Saving his arm? Possibly saving his career? You're a %##+#*# waste of 10,000 posts. Jesus.

044159e6e0b6bbae9a223ead74efee75883a7b7.gif

Back
Top Bottom