Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

GREAT JOB ON THE UPLOAD

Funniest part is when Mike calls the caller Joba

roll.gif

"His whip is 1.6!! That isn't even competitive!!!!!!!!!"

"He's allowed 71 base runners in 43 innings, that's ATROCIOUS!.......ATROCIOUS!..... THAT IS ATROCIOUS!"

The MP3 is
roll.gif

If the shrimp thing no longer works, we should become Team Francesa.

The motto for your respective sigs can be anything from that rant.
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Proshares

I don't even got a problem with Tbone like that. I'll respect his opinion as long as he backs it up with something substantial. He's going to come and quote writers and not form his own opinion. It's w/e though he's not going to address the facts I presented to him so I'll leave it at that. I don't have any problem with tbone.
Good to know. I don't have a problem with most everyone either... unless someone comes at me then you're guaranteed to geta response in most cases
Unfortunately I've been busy writing a paper for school & don't have time to make a long drawn out argument which would take me an hour minimum.
Therefore, I quote someone else since they made points that I believed. If you find that lazy, I understand
laugh.gif

But in all honesty when do I ever put THAT much time into arguments on NT? Little to never.... if you wanted to see me actually make a substantial argumentyou'd be
eek.gif
But it's really not that serious to me, especiallysince he's staying a starter anyway
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

LOL...this dude talking like he's important, just cause you're easy to make fun of doesn't mean anyone is "ridin' ya nuts" kiddo.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah that's why you always makecomments about me and quote me.... keep my name out of your mouth for more then a week, I bet you can't

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

Nah, if 'everything' in the Yankees system pans out, Joba would be a starter full time.
Thank you. We don't agree often, but on this we do
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by JoE TwEnTy1

Joba is a starter, and always has been one. Where does this "he has a history of arm trouble" stuff come from? He had shoulder tendinitis last year, a common injury for pitchers, and a minor triceps injury four years ago.

Do people really think he is going to replicate the 59 innings he pitched as a reliever? There is no chance in hell he puts up those numbers as a reliever for the rest of his career.

Joba's can throw 4 pitches and he can throw them very well. He has to learn to put guys away with 2 strikes and has to be more aggressive within the strike zone. He has to pitch better in the first inning. He has made 21 starts in his career. Its ridiculous that this is even being discussed
Yeah he really doesn't have any "arm troubles" if anything he got hurt last year because he went from reliever tostarter and was getting yanked around rather then left as one.... PLUS he's 23 and his arm condition is not very high... it will be built up over the nextseveral years. Patience is key with Joba.
Originally Posted by jrp44

^^ We won the world series??

pimp.gif
We made the playoffs last year with good starting pitching? Word?
Last time I checked we had Ponson, Pavano, and co starting for us and is the main reason we didn't even make the playoffs.
Good SP = playoff baseball

pimp.gif

Do people really think he is going to replicate the 59 innings he pitched as a reliever? There is no chance in hell he puts up those numbers as a reliever for the rest of his career.
I don't see how its ridiculous this is being discussed, he throws an extreme amount of pitches by the 5th inning and labors through most of his starts with pitch counts....and the way the Yankees BABY him I don't see how that benefits the team if you can let him throw 100+ in his starts.
He's young and still learning how to pitch. He's 23 freaking years old!! Give him some time already.

laugh.gif
Thankfully some of y'all are just normal NTers & have absolutely no control in the Yankees affairs. High strikeout pitchers tend to throw a lot ofpitches & since he's a young pitcher struggling with control, his pitch count is expected to be high earlier in the game. Give him at least a fullseason to decide whether or not he should be in the pen.

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Joba debate started.

I think he should stay a starter, by the way.

Once Bruney comes back, and the pen steadies, y'all will all forget about this.
laugh.gif

ive said from the beginning that joba should be in the pen. u dont just find mo's heir apparent that easy. bruney might be out for the year so a decisiongotta be made..........

^ Pretty much.

People are saying Joba should be in the pen not because he isn't capable of being a starter, but it would benefit the Yankees more this season consideringHughes and Wang are there.

laugh.gif
Yeah that's why you always make comments about me and quote me...

You say a lot of ridiculous things though.

Its just funny when you compare him to CC when the fact is Joba hasn't done anything as a starter to warrant him being discussed with other "top"starters, the numbers don't lie.

Joba has had ONE great start this season.

Originally Posted by onewearz

ive said from the beginning that joba should be in the pen. u dont just find mo's heir apparent that easy. bruney might be out for the year so a decision gotta be made..........

Joba Pettitte >> Andy Pettitte
laugh.gif

Love it when Francesa gets mad over9000...he can't string coherent sentences together because of his rage

Haven't heard of this until now. This was mentioned on Sliding Into Home (another Yankee blog I check out often)
[h3]http://slidingintohome.blogspot.com/2009/05/espn-radio-yanks-looking-for-reliever.html[/h3]
[h3]ESPN Radio: Yanks looking for a reliever[/h3]
Linda Lopez on 1050 ESPN radio just said that if Brian Bruney's injury lingers the Yankees will look to trade for Baltimore's George Sherrill of the O's or Astros closer Jose Valverde. I believe Andrew Marchand also mentioned this, but I did not hear that.

Sherrill is 0-1, with a 2.75 ERA this year for the O's, and has struck out 21 and walked 7 in 19.2 innings pitched.

Valverde has struggled this year going 0-1, with a 5.63 ERA and is on the DL with a right calf sprain, but should return soon.

If I had a choice of the two it would easily be Sherrill. Not only because of the stats and the injury, but because he's used to the American League and especially the AL East.

Or, maybe-just maybe-we could go with Joba!
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I speak in jest.

Other armchair GMs think the Yankees can pull off a deal to get Huston Street away from the Rockies.

Cashman will gets someone..... he's C-Money the wizard with tricks up his sleeve.
Which is yet another reason to keep Joba a starter.
Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

I knew it was only a matter of time before the Joba debate started.
I think he should stay a starter, by the way.
Once Bruney comes back, and the pen steadies, y'all will all forget about this.
laugh.gif
Exactly. Assuming Bruney gets healthy.... and we add 1 good reliever before the deadline....

7th = good reliever
8th = Bruney
9th = Mo

All other pieces such as Aceves for other innings....

The need for Joba won't be there and we'll have a good starter in the rotation still

[h1]Yankees Considering Mark DeRosa?[/h1]
By Tim Dierkes [May 28 at 9:30am CST]

ESPN's Buster Olney suggests that theYankees are at least considering Mark DeRosa internally:

Imagine DeRosa as a big hunk of tuna, bait on a hook. One of the looming shadows circling below is that of the New York Yankees, who areweighing options and haven't decided whether to take a shot at the versatile veteran.

For his part, DeRosa is trying to put thetrade chatter out of his head. The Indians seek Major League-readypitching for DeRosa. The Mets and Cardinals may be suitors (but not the Brewers). The 34 year-old impending free agent i****ting .266/.333/.446 in 205 plate appearances this year.

laugh.gif

He's had some pretty good starts, I suggest you check the game log.

And out of 8 starts (9 total but 1 lasted 2 outs after being injured) he's only had 2 "bad" starts

Outside of those 2 starts of 4 ER & 5 ER....

His ERA = 2.83........ aka NASTY

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

6175.jpg
If we get Street this photo will replace IPK as the dumbest looking *@!*+$***%%$ on the team
laugh.gif

After the rocky season last year I'm not sure about him in the AL again.

Originally Posted by TBONE95860

laugh.gif
He's had some pretty good starts, I suggest you check the game log.

And out of 8 starts (9 total but 1 lasted 2 outs after being injured) he's only had 2 "bad" starts

Outside of those 2 starts of 4 ER & 5 ER....

His ERA = 2.83........ aka NASTY

eyes.gif
eyes.gif
eyes.gif

Why are you ignoring the low innings pitched per outing, more hits given up than innings pitched, the insane amount of base runners every game,his high WHIP.

I don't want to keep repeating the same thing, but you're ignoring a lot of other numbers. If you think he's been "nasty" this seasonthen you're as blind as they come.

As for DeRosa that makes no sense for the Yankees, they just need a RF not a utility guy (not like A-Rod or Teix will miss any time).

I'de like to see Joba out of the pen, personally. Closers are alot harder to come by than starters.

They don't even allow Joba out of the 6th. But whatever, I'm not the manager they know what's best.

Back
Top Bottom