Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

What was that about Burnett a few weeks ago?
nerd.gif

Yea, exactly.

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

I think it may have been Singleton. But I could be wrong

I figured it was Cone because he has said rather suspect things unintentionally
laugh.gif

Plus, he and David Wells met up to celebrate their perfect games a couple months by going out drinking until sunrise
pimp.gif

We still have tomorrow
ohwell.gif
... I'm going to try and leave work early tomorrow to go to the game
pimp.gif

So this Aceves is making a start for you guys tomorrow... How is he?
nerd.gif

Last 5 starts
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

[table][tr][td]DATE[/td] [td]OPP[/td] [td]RESULT[/td] [td]IP[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]R[/td] [td]ER[/td] [td]HR[/td] [td]BB[/td] [td]SO[/td] [td]GB[/td] [td]FB[/td] [td]PIT[/td] [td]BF[/td] [td]GSc[/td] [td]DEC[/td] [td]REL[/td] [td]ERA*[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jun 27[/td] [td]@NYM[/td] [td]W 5-0[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]108[/td] [td]25[/td] [td]82[/td] [td]W(6-4)[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]3.93[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jun 20[/td] [td]@FLA[/td] [td]L 2-1[/td] [td]6.1[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]2[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]10[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]97[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]62[/td] [td]L(5-4)[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]4.24[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Jun 14[/td] [td]NYM[/td] [td]W 15-0[/td] [td]7.0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]8[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]111[/td] [td]27[/td] [td]73[/td] [td]W(5-3)[/td] [td]-[/td] [td]4.46
[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Jul 3[/td] [td]TOR[/td] [td] W 4-2[/td] [td] 7.0[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] 2[/td] [td] 1[/td] [td] 2
[/td] [td]7[/td] [td] 4[/td] [td] 15[/td] [td]112[/td] [td]29[/td] [td] 62[/td] [td]W(7-4)[/td] [td] -[/td] [td] 3.83[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]Jul 8[/td] [td]@MIN[/td] [td] W 4-3[/td] [td] 6.1[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]2[/td] [td] 2[/td] [td] 0[/td] [td] 4[/td] [td] 2[/td] [td] 6[/td] [td] 10[/td] [td]100[/td] [td]29[/td] [td] 49[/td] [td]W(8-4)[/td] [td] -[/td] [td]3.77[/td] [/tr][/table]

Originally Posted by nnarum

We still have tomorrow
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

They compare him to Mariano River in 1996.

Originally Posted by true 3 blue

Nah, people in this thread were frustrated with Burnett that's all.
Not me, AJ is nasty as long as he can keep it together & throw strikes.
AJ FTW!!
pimp.gif

If only Wang would have returned to his 19 win form this year
tired.gif

Imagine CC + AJ + 19 win Wang
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Baseball Tonight says that Toronto has not ruled out trading Halladay to the Yankees or the Red Sox
eek.gif
eek.gif

Although he is the best in the game IMO, I doubt (and I hope) the Yankees won't trade a bunch of prospects for him. I hope the Red Sox won't either.Imagine him out of the division!

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

I Don't wanna hear nothin about burnett's "stuff" for the rest of the season... andy goes out there last night with 88-90 mph fastball and a good breaking ball then racks up 7 k's in 7 innings of 3 hit baseball. This guy trys to blow guys away and they take him out the park. To this day I've always thought of a.j burnett as a thrower and not a pitcher.

LOL. This guy.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Burnett %%!%%#% sucks balls.

I expected better of you Fede
ohwell.gif

devil.gif
TBONE95860 wrote:

Nah, people in this thread were frustrated with Burnett that's all.
Not me, AJ is nasty as long as he can keep it together & throw strikes.
AJ FTW!!
pimp.gif

If only Wang would have returned to his 19 win form this year
tired.gif

Imagine CC + AJ + 19 win inch Wang
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Fixed.
devil.gif

But on a serious note I hope he gets it together.
ohwell.gif

And as far as getting Halladay while it seems good on paper we'd probably have to raid our farm system to get him. And if that's the case we could hopehe stays with the Jays and get him when he becomes a free agent.
devil.gif

Originally Posted by KingFoamNYC

I Don't wanna hear nothin about burnett's "stuff" for the rest of the season... andy goes out there last night with 88-90 mph fastball and a good breaking ball then racks up 7 k's in 7 innings of 3 hit baseball. This guy trys to blow guys away and they take him out the park. To this day I've always thought of a.j burnett as a thrower and not a pitcher.

LOL. This guy.

Originally Posted by Fede DPT

Burnett %%!%%#% sucks balls.

I expected better of you Fede
ohwell.gif

laugh.gif

RA20060326_eating_crow.jpg

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

We still have tomorrow
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif
Who?

Originally Posted by CrAzYFLiPxNyC

Baseball Tonight says that Toronto has not ruled out trading Halladay to the Yankees or the Red Sox
It's ESPN though. They'll say anything for attention.

Originally Posted by briannnnn

Originally Posted by AllenIversonFan01

roll.gif
@ THE WILD AYOOOOOOO COMMENT ONE OF THE Yankee's commentators just threw out there.

"I would hate to be gum in this guys mouth. You would take a pounding"

David Cone had to have made that comment,
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
That's why Coney is the MAN!
laugh.gif
Michael Kay and DavidCone are a soliddddddd duo; Singleton + Coney is just awkward.

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

We still have tomorrow
ohwell.gif
pimp.gif

nerd.gif

Who compared him to Mariano they are 2 different pitchers, he is more like Ramiro Mendoza was a jack of all trades.

2009_coolstats_s_NYY.jpg

DIV - chance of winning the Division
WC - chance of winning the Wild Card
POFF - chance of making the Playoffs
[table][tr][td]2009 Remaining Schedule[/td] [/tr][tr][td]vs. Team[/td] [td]PCT[/td] [td]H[/td] [td]A[/td] [td]Tot[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Boston[/td] [td].607[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Texas[/td] [td].566[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]LAAngels[/td] [td].554[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Detroit[/td] [td].548[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Tampa Bay[/td] [td].541[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]10[/td] [/tr][tr][td]ChiSox[/td] [td].524[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Seattle[/td] [td].512[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]7[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Minnesota[/td] [td].506[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]1[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Toronto[/td] [td].500[/td] [td]5[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]11[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Baltimore[/td] [td].447[/td] [td]6[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]9[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Kansas City[/td] [td].429[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]0[/td] [td]3[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Oakland[/td] [td].422[/td] [td]4[/td] [td]3[/td] [td]7[/td] [/tr][tr][td]TOTAL[/td] [td].516[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]39[/td] [td]78[/td] [/tr][/table][table][tr][td]2009 coolstandings Dashboard[/td] [/tr][tr][td]AL East - New York[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Games back (div)[/td] [td]1[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Games ahead (wc)[/td] [td]3.5[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Magic number (div)[/td] [td]80[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Magic number (wc)[/td] [td]76[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Division status[/td] [td]Contender[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Wild card status[/td] [td]Contender[/td] [/tr][tr][td]Playoff status[/td] [td]Favorite[/td] [/tr][/table]

If we take 2 from the Angels this weekend, that would be huge going into the all star break

Edit--- I think my !$%% is finally fixed! *!%* the Magician!!
roll.gif

Back
Top Bottom