Official N.Y. Yankees 2009 SEASON THREAD (103-59) WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!

Hughes had some good stuff today, his fastball is too predictable, though...If he learns the "cutter" he'll be a problem.

So it turns out they didn't extend the Wanger (pause) because he is the emergency starter for Wednesday in the event Andy Pettitte's back still bothershim.

Originally Posted by Mez 0ne

ProShares lets come up with a number to work with, we'll keep it a small bet ala "S4LE vs. Joka bet"
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
sounds good. I'm thinking like 43-45 HR's and 130-135RBI's.

I've been slacking as of late with posting in this thread. I guess because it's was the weekend and I haven't been home really (same for nextweekend, it's Prom Weekend!
pimp.gif
)

It's nice to say we are the 1st place Yankees (at the moment, at least).

Originally Posted by JohnnyRedStorm

Originally Posted by Frankie Valentino

CHIEN-MING WANG IS A STARTING PITCHER
What's Andy Pettite then?
mad-dog-russo.jpg

"Whaddaya Whadd...Whaddya eee talkin about? Andy Petitte is a starting pitcha,somebady tell these Yankees hes a PITCHA...just like Lincecum he should START...except nobody is better than the FREAK.....ehhh
NOBODY!!"

laugh.gif

Bad game to lose, but I swear when Tex hit that double, it was more NY fans. The whole weekend I saw a ton of Yankees people.

Blame today on Girardi because he easily could have sent Gardner. Why wouldn't you when you know Posada is slow as ++#$ and could hit in the dp.

Just need Joba to pitch well tmrw.

He treats warning-track flyouts as home runs.

Or foul tips as strike three.
indifferent.gif

THUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just caught the highlights.

Was that Gardner on 1st base when Jorge GIDP?! Why the F wasn't he going to AVOID the DP?

Why was Mo not used in the bottom of the 9th?

Neither are pitching particularly well this season, both have given up more hits than IP and have a high WHIP (Joba has a ton more walks).

But if Hughes is going to stay with the Yankees, isn't Wang going back to the rotation eventually?

If Joba doesn't go back to the pen, Hughes is the obvious odd man out.

Originally Posted by Phil Le0tard0

TEAM FRANCESA

[color= rgb(255, 255, 255)]*hand wave*[/color]

[Frank Lucas] My man... [/Frank Lucas]
pimp.gif

A win in Cleveland tonight would be nice. Let's see if Joba can take that YUUGE step towards becoming an ace.

Joba has been better than Hughes. In fact he has been better than Burnett. Just let him develop and see what he becomes. Worst case scenario he goes back tothe pen and does what everyone thinks he will.

YANKEES (29-21)
Jeter SS
Swisher RF
Teixeira 1B
Rodriguez DH
Posada C
Cano 2B
Cabrera LF
Berroa 3B (yes, Berroa)
Gardner CF

Pitching: RHP Joba Chamberlain (2-1 3.97).

INDIANS (22-30)
Cabrera SS
Francisco CF
Martinez DH
Choo RF
Peralta 3B
DeRosa LF
Garko 1B
Carroll 2B
Shoppach C

Pitching: LHP Jeremy Sowers (1-2, 7.71)

Back