Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Frank Vogel. One of the better coaches in the league, I was very impressed with how he handled the team in the Miami series, that made me a fan.  Hes someone else who should be getting some recognition for CoTY

I dont think he's quite to that level, just because he hasnt found a way to make Roy Hibbert really effective. I know most of that is on Roy himself, but Vogel definitely needs to find a way to get more production out of him

I dont think he's quite to that level, just because he hasnt found a way to make Roy Hibbert really effective. I know most of that is on Roy himself, but Vogel definitely needs to find a way to get more production out of him

His offense is terrible but his defense and shot blocking is a huge reason that they're one of the best defensive teams in the league. So I don't think it's fair to rag on Hibbert too much. Vogel is good but he's not a magician. They don't really have playmakers to give Roy anything easy. Paul George has tried to step up in that role but he's still learning (getting much better btw).

But i agree, I would consider him for COTY but not give it to him. The Pacers are sorta overachieving but they're also a pretty talented team with 3 nearly elite defenders and tough guys all around.

Ty Corbin should get consideration as well. He's had to balance winning now and developing the youngsters while dealing with injuries and players in contract years.

back to the NBA,

But does anybody have an opinion on Frank Vogel as a coach? I think he allows the team too much freedom on offense which leads to a breakdown in efficiency. I would like to see him draw up more plays, and help the offense develop a real rhythm.

And how did Roy Hibbert really get a max contract? It still blows my mind. He averaged 13 and 9, we could have got better than that from JJ Hickson, or somebody. If only the Blazers would have really taken his ***
They got caught up in what I'd like to call Atlanta Hawks Management. The team is finally good after a long lull period and then a star player is about to leave. They could let him leave and the team would suffer but that would cause fan unrest which they cant really afford since they just started winning again and cant afford to start losing agian that quickly, so then they are forced to grossly overpay a guy just to keep that stability. A shame is what it is. In the case of the Pacers, couldnt care less about the Hawks I want that franchise to burn.
Ty Corbin should get consideration as well. He's had to balance winning now and developing the youngsters while dealing with injuries and players in contract years.
They wont enough games though. As right as you are, reg season record is the primary factor of this thing as we all know

Last edited:
I def think
Mike Woodson has the best shot If the knicks finish the second half of the season strong. He has found a way to have melo at his most effective, developed the talent to a much further extent & most importantly he puts everyone in a position to do what they do best (SEE THAT DANTONI :smh:)

I also feel like his entire team has bought in to his mentality

Then there is the bench, where, on Tuesday night against Oklahoma City, the Clippers' best player was standing and directing like a coach, Chris Paul hobbled but not silenced. He was joined by a gesturing Ronny Turiaf, a preaching Chauncey Billups, a towel-waving Lamar Odom, everyone involved, everyone buying in. The Lakers bench may have a cheerleading Robert Sacre, but the Clippers have a half dozen of him.

From that Plaschke article. This is the difference. This is why the Lakers are losing with a hall of fame line up and my Clips are balling.

CHEMISTRY.

You have 12 guys that will go to war for each other. You're seeing it in Golden State as well. You see it in OKC.

Chris Paul, not Del Negro, has these guys buying in. That's the true definition of a leader.

That's what made Phil so great, makes Pops so great, Thibs. Their ability to manage personalities to get everyone to buy in.

If you look at the Lakers right now, they have none of that. It's not about X's and O's, its psychological.

This dude stay hating other teams not named Heat and Lakers.

roll.gif
roll.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif

Why are you in here?
sick.gif
Show me ONE instance where I said anything in favor of the Heat or the Lakers.

I'll wait.

Then there is the bench, where, on Tuesday night against Oklahoma City, the Clippers' best player was standing and directing like a coach, Chris Paul hobbled but not silenced. He was joined by a gesturing Ronny Turiaf, a preaching Chauncey Billups, a towel-waving Lamar Odom, everyone involved, everyone buying in. The Lakers bench may have a cheerleading Robert Sacre, but the Clippers have a half dozen of him.

From that Plaschke article. This is the difference. This is why the Lakers are losing with a hall of fame line up and my Clips are balling.

CHEMISTRY.

You have 12 guys that will go to war for each other. You're seeing it in Golden State as well. You see it in OKC.

Chris Paul, not Del Negro, has these guys buying in. That's the true definition of a leader.

That's what made Phil so great, makes Pops so great, Thibs. Their ability to manage personalities to get everyone to buy in.

If you look at the Lakers right now, they have none of that. It's not about X's and O's, its psychological.
I'll go on a limb and say it's because the Clippers have better players from top to bottom than the Lakers as opposed to chemistry, though that is a factor.

Last edited:
What was your OG name?
nerd.gif
I've had about 12. None of which I care to list in fear of being banned on site.

Point being...those that do know I am...know damn well I ain't ever had **** positive to say about either of the those teams. ESPECIALLY the Heat...so I don't know what you're referring to. 

laugh.gif
 Definitely not the Heat, and maybe something positive about Kobe, but not the Lakers either.

CHEMISTRY.

I'll go on a limb and say it's because the Clippers have better players from top to bottom than the Lakers as opposed to chemistry, though that is a factor.

With the exception of Chris Paul, there's nobody on the Lakers that the Clippers are better than all the way on down the lineup.

CP3>Nash
Willie, Crawford Meeks, Morris, Duhon
Hollins, Turiaf

I care about the Pacers. Hell I actually care about the Spurs too.

I want to see how effective Lance Stephenson can be off the bench when Granger comes back. I still have alot of questions about Paul George at the 2 as well

CHEMISTRY.

No, the difference is pretty simple...OKC and the Clips have better TEAMSSSS. That's it :lol:

Look at the Lakers roster. That isn't a good team. Dwight is not an elite center offensively, Steve Nash is washed, Pau is Pau, and Kobe is...Kobe. Out of those four, you could keep Nash and Dwight, they are useless. On this team at least. Other than Kobe and Pau, look at that roster. That roster isn't good.

The Clippers are overloaded with talent and good players. So is OKC. The Lakers? Not so much.

(No shot at you) I hate when people try to make it more than what it is. "The Lakers aren't winning because they aren't playing hard/motivated", "the lakers aren't buying into their coach"....No, the team just isn't good. The parts didn't fit from the start,and its showing.

CHEMISTRY.

With the exception of Chris Paul, there's nobody on the Lakers that the Clippers are better than all the way on down the lineup.

CP3>Nash
Hollins, Turiaf

I care about the Pacers. Hell I actually care about the Spurs too.

I want to see how effective Lance Stephenson can be off the bench when Granger comes back. I still have alot of questions about Paul George at the 2 as well

How about George Hill?

CHEMISTRY.

CP3>Nash
Hollins, Turiaf Barnes and Pau > Blake but I was giving you the benefit of the doubt because you said we had better personnel top to bottom, when we really don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom