Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Chandler's foot was out of bounds.

I didn't think the miss/shot rebound went out either, but tough angle.

Corey Brewer went 1-11, we needed every brick and that awful foul right before halftime.

So proud of this team, gutted it out , even tho we tried almost everything we could to give it away at the end.

I feel like Denver would have won if the refs if they didnt call that block on McGee on a play which was clearly a charge. Call changed all momentum

Nuggets need some shooters in the offseason, there isn't much they could have done this series offensively without Gallo, they're onl shooter. But defensively, they could have been better. They showed signs of being defensive but not long enough. Should have put Iggy on Curry all of the time after game 3.

True story. Why Iggy wasn't guarding him all game is straight horrible coaching but nothing new from that clown Karl

Last edited:
Not putting your best defender on the other teams best player should just be called Geroge Karl disease at this point.

Not putting your best defender on the other teams best player should just be called Geroge Karl disease at this point.
laugh.gif

David Kahn speaks on Jonny Flynn and Wes Johnson

Jonny:
Flynn had leadership abilities at first blush. He was very dynamic, charismatic. You could see it his rookie season. The kid had a lot of confidence, plays bigger than he is. He just got hurt. He got hurt. He had a pre-condition nobody knew about his hip. During his recovery period, he knew something was wrong but he didn’t tell anybody it, there was a feeling of impingement in there (in his hip) and never described to trainers at Syracuse how deep it was. It really has hurt his career. I hope he recovers from it. He’s still a very young player. I remember Bill Laimbeer in a staff meeting before Jonny’s first season likening Jonny to Isiah Thomas. People like to sort of pile on after they have information that proves their point, but there wasn’t this kind of piling on the poor kid that year. There were a lot of people who liked him a lot. He had a lot of explosion that went away.
I remember at Jonny’s first summer league practice and Ryan Gomes came and watched practice and he watched Jonny for about five minutes and he turned to me and said, "Jonny’s going to be our leader, isn’t he?" That’s the kind of leadership skills he had.
Wes:
He was athletic. Even though he didn’t have a ball that had a lot of rotation on it, seemed to go in from a distance. You could really see him developing into an elite defender. I just think one of the things we missed was I’m not sure at the time his commitment was what was necessary. And I can’t speak for what he’s been like in Phoenix, but I’m noticing that it looks like they may be wanting to bring him back.

Some of y'all really are foolish. Pooh hasn't suited up all year and you want to see him thrown into a playoff game 7 against an electric guard like D-Will just because he's been "cleared" for two months? The playoffs aren't the time to just throw in a dude that tore up his acl. If he was gonna play it should've been that last week or two of the season to get some strength under him. He'll be nothing more than a decoy on that court for however long he plays and I guarantee he'll be tentative as hell when it comes to driving the lane and exploding up like he normally did.

Nuggets need some shooters in the offseason, there isn't much they could have done this series offensively without Gallo, they're onl shooter. But defensively, they could have been better. They showed signs of being defensive but not long enough. Should have put Iggy on Curry all of the time after game 3.

This. gallo wouldve took those shots brewer was missing. chandler was inconsistent.
evan fournier should be getting more minutes next year. no way andre miller shouldve been on steph. absolutely poor decision. george was being stubborn and not playing javele more was also mind boggling

Alot of people on this board thought like David Kahn too.

The overwhelming opinion on NikeTalk was that Jonny Flynn was WAY better than Stephen Curry.

Some of y'all really are foolish. Pooh hasn't suited up all year and you want to see him thrown into a playoff game 7 against an electric guard like D-Will just because he's been "cleared" for two months? The playoffs aren't the time to just throw in a dude that tore up his acl. If he was gonna play it should've been that last week or two of the season to get some strength under him. He'll be nothing more than a decoy on that court for however long he plays and I guarantee he'll be tentative as hell when it comes to driving the lane and exploding up like he normally did.
Bulls management could have shut this down a long time ago and they didn't. Doesn't help that Reggie Rose keeps opening his mouth which may or may not have implicated adidas' role in him sitting out following the doctors clearing him. Its been poorly handled from the top down.
ICYMI, Kobe's mother is trying to auction off his high school and NBA memorabilia without his permission. Its gone to court.
Kobe Bryant is in a court battle to try to keep his mother from auctioning off mementoes from his high school days in Pennsylvania and his early NBA career.

[h3]2013 NBA PLAYOFFS[/h3]
A southern New Jersey auction house is suing for the right to sell the stuff after the NBA star's lawyers wrote the firm to say it could not.

Bryant contends that his mother, Pamela Bryant, doesn't have the right to sell the collectibles including his Lower Merion High School letters, a 2000 NBA championship ring and hundreds of other items.

Berlin, N.J.-based Goldin Auctions says Bryant told his mother years ago that he didn't want the items.

Legal papers say Pamela Bryant intended to use her $450,000 advance to buy a new home.

Convinced Denver's system saved Corey Brewer's career. I really do not think he's employable by 90% of the NBA.

I've thought this all year. He went from being at the end of a couple team's benches to having the straight up green light in Denver.

Inside the NBA will never be the same, but I'm rooting for Charles and Kenny in their NBA general manager and NBA coaching careers.

Looking at where the Suns are today, Charles can't be any worse than the last gm's that ran that organization into the ground the last few years.

Steve Kerr did a decent job to me giving sarver penny pinching. You had amare hurt all the time , Marion wanting a bigger role than what he had, and a coaching philosophy that wasn't getting the job done. Those all led to the suns not winning

True story. Why Iggy wasn't guarding him all game is straight horrible coaching but nothing new from that clown Karl

Was wondering the same thing. Why wasn't Iggy on Curry since game 1.

And yeah they need more shooters.

Brewer was just awful. Made me wonder why he was in the lineup all the time. Dude can't even check Steph.

Last edited:
That Shaq trade killed that Suns team. No need to bring him in when he didn't fit anywhere near Pringles' style of play.

Was wondering the same thing. Why wasn't Iggy on Curry since game 1.

And yeah they need more shooters.

Brewer was just awful. Made me wonder why he was in the lineup all the time. Dude can't even check Steph.

To be honest no one can check Steph.

That Shaq trade killed that Suns team. No need to bring him in when he didn't fit anywhere near Pringles' style of play.

Yeah but Marion had to go and they needed low post presence. They tried to become a half court team since all their legs were getting older and amare was always hurt ( isn't that the same year he got a detached retina )

I'm confused ?

Kobe and his mother don't have a good relationship ?

:nerd:

Kobe and his parents have had a very dramatic relationship ever since he married his wife Vanessa.
They weren't too fond of that decision, and it seemed to ignite a long history of drama between them.

Yeah but Marion had to go and they needed low post presence. They tried to become a half court team since all their legs were getting older and amare was always hurt ( isn't that the same year he got a detached retina )

And Kerr recovered from it. The next year's team was really good.

He traded for J Rich & Dudley, signed Grant Hill, traded for the Dragic pick, and drafted Robin Lopez.

So the Shaq trade didn't derail them too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom