Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mike Woodson isn't a very good coach. He can't make adjustments to save his life, he shows an insane loyalty to some players (Kidd, JR) and buries other players. The Knicks were successful because they rained 3's this year and their defense was average.

Unless you have one of the elite guys, there's a lot of fluctuation with the rest of the coaches. It's hard to say what coach would have done a better job with this team, but Woodson is the same guy from Atlanta... so any improvement was exaggerated.

When I look at the squad he has I think he took this team as far as any coach not named Doc Rivers or Pop can take them. Ya'll got Melo, but then your second best player is JR Smith then it's a bunch of role players. They just ran into a more complete team.

Last edited:
BKRRxt0CMAA_mV8.jpg:large

When I look at the squad he has I think he took this team as far as any coach not named Doc Rivers or Pop can take them. Ya'll got Melo, but then your second best player is JR Smith then it's a bunch of role players. They just ran into a more complete team.

Well the larger point is.. his impact isn't so great that another coach of his level couldn't have gotten the Knicks this far. Hit a lot of 3's, have Melo save you when you needed it, stare at JR when he does something stupid. I could have done that much... but hopefully I would have realized Jason Kidd hasn't hit a shot in a month and maybe I shouldn't use the guy with the AARP card to double team.

Last edited:
Didn't like this matchup all season, but the Pacers are the better team. It is what it is.

The Knicks have been playing without a true identity all season. It works in the regular season but it doesn't in the playoffs. Knicks have no identity on offense, just a jump shooting team. It sucks but we are who we are.

I'm more worried about the future, the Knicks can't get any better with the cap restrictions. I hope the front office starts to walk the right path and comes to the realization that we need to make some difficult decisions within the next year because if we don't we can be affected by it for another 10 years.

But the way Dolan is, he'll keep everybody until there old and crippled to sell tickets.

man, i dont wanna go to the gym,

i wanna watch this game but im expectin another overtime :lol:

go warriors

Didn't like this matchup all season, but the Pacers are the better team. It is what it is.

The Knicks have been playing without a true identity all season. It works in the regular season but it doesn't in the playoffs. Knicks have no identity on offense, just a jump shooting team. It sucks but we are who we are.

I'm more worried about the future, the Knicks can't get any better with the cap restrictions. I hope the front office starts to walk the right path and comes to the realization that we need to make some difficult decisions within the next year because if we don't we can be affected by it for another 10 years.

But the way Dolan is, he'll keep everybody until there old and crippled to sell tickets.

I know the Knicks had a terrible record vs. the Bulls this year, but I think as things are standing, they would have matched up better w/ Chicago.

As far as the future, what would you do if you were the GM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom