Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Carmelo is the same guy he was 5 years ago, that he will be next year etc etc

It's going to take the perfect storm to win at the highest level with him (Not saying he and Dirk are alike - but it'd take that kind of situation that the Mavs had) - and I actually thought this team was constructed to his strengths perfectly - got to play PF with a defensive minded center, had shooters and ball movers. And then the bottom fell out.

He's just never going to give you enough outside of scoring to elevate a team past this point - everything needs to be firing on all cylinders.

Now, I don't blame anyone for poking the fire of the Knick fans who chant MVP, refer to him as 'MELOGAWD' and are dumb enough to volunteer LeBron/Durant comps when things are rolling. Have at it. But there's a middle ground to be had with Carmelo, for sure.
All of this.

I wish more people had this viewpoint. Maybe then we wouldn't get the "IS MELO A TOP 5 SUPAHSTAR IN THE LEAGUE???" discussions.

Last edited:

It's going to take the perfect storm to win at the highest level with him (Not saying he and Dirk are alike - but it'd take that kind of situation that the Mavs had) - and I actually thought this team was constructed to his strengths perfectly - got to play PF with a defensive minded center, had shooters and ball movers. And then the bottom fell out.

He's just never going to give you enough outside of scoring to elevate a team past this point - everything needs to be firing on all cylinders.

Now, I don't blame anyone for poking the fire of the Knick fans who chant MVP, refer to him as 'MELOGAWD' and are dumb enough to volunteer LeBron/Durant comps when things are rolling. Have at it. But there's a middle ground to be had with Carmelo, for sure.

Yep... I said the same thing about winning with Carmelo. It could happen in theory, but there would have to be a lot of luck involved. Rondo and Rose being out, the team shooting lights out in the regular season, and maybe Wade and/or Bosh being terrible in a playoff series and you could make it to the Finals and win.

But everything had to go perfect.. and it didn't.

Yep... I said the same thing about winning with Carmelo. It could happen in theory, but there would have to be a lot of luck involved. Rondo and Rose being out, the team shooting lights out in the regular season, and maybe Wade and/or Bosh being terrible in a playoff series and you could make it to the Finals and win.

But everything had to go perfect.. and it didn't.

This isn't things not going perfect, though.

Not going perfect is getting exposed in the CF by the Heat.

This is something else.

Melo will win a ring. Everyone gets their moment. Look at Dirk. I doubt even Dirk thought he'd win vs the Heat at the start of the season 2010-2011.

Melo will win a ring. Everyone gets their moment. Look at Dirk. I doubt even Dirk thought he'd win vs the Heat at the start of the season 2010-2011.
Not as long as Lebron is in the Eastern Conference. Dirk had the oppurtunity to at least GET TO the finals. Long as Lebron is the same conference with Melo...Melo ain't going anywhere.

The lack of offensive adjustments by Woodson have been baffling. I just don't understand why guys like Pablo, Copeland, and Novak are glued to the bench. I am in no way saying that they'd be saviors of the team, but you'd have to think that a line-up shuffle would do some good. There is no reason why JR Smith's minutes shouldn't be cut. He's really hurting the team. Down 3-1 and your backs are against the wall, SOMETHING needs to be done. What's the saying? "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results." That's what I'm seeing with Woodson and the Knicks. I put most of the blame on him for looking completely unprepared to coach. For as good as the Pacers are defensively, the Knicks have too much talent on their roster to be bottled up like this.

Another thing, do you think JR Smith comes back next year for the Knicks? My opinion is that he can't handle the responsibility of playing in a city like New York.
I agree.  What the use of having those players on the bench when you're not allowing them to do anything to contribute.
if miami keeps in tact melo can forget about a title in the next 5 years
            Very possible, if the big 3 don't let money move them.
Is it just me, or does anyone else have an issue when a player of CP3s calibur changes teams more than once? It just devalues his legacy IMO, and yeah that doesnt mean much in his mind cause hes trying to win, it bothers me a bit.
I hear you, but it's not like he's reached Gary Payton status as a PG and is out there ring chasing.
  If some players really want to win a championship, I feel they should sacrifice some money in order to bring better players around them instead the elite/top tier players moving from team to team. Only if they have no problems with the current management that they're with.  That's just my view though.

tell that to

Reggie Miller

Charles Barkley

John Stockton

Karl Malone

Patrick Ewing

Allen Iverson

Vince Carter

Tracy McGrady

Dirk hit the ******g jackpot is what happened

VDN: Terrible HC.

Injuries: Blake, Billups.

Perceived veteran leadership and deep bench: Barnes and Crawford were solid, but LO and Hill never fulfilled the expected impact.

DeAndre Jordan: Regression.

Woodson: Terrible Playoff HC

Percieved veteran leadership and deep bench: JR solid for half a season, Kidd fell off the earth, Kurt Thomas died, Camby died

Injuries: Amare, Sheed, Camby, Shumpert

Chandler: Regression/Overrated

Yet CP3 gets a pass right? Every single year CP3 gets a pass. Isnt CP3 suppose to make everyone else better? The best PG in the league? FOHWTBS

Last edited:
tmac might get his moment this year :nerd:

he already has career highs in blks and assists in the second round

Last edited:
Woodson is unreal. It's like he had the team playing one style during the season and switched to the mystical idea of "slower, tougher" "playoff basketball" when the first round started. Just cause that's what analysts always say.

The gameplan in the season is what got you there... it's what you're good at...

Last edited:
Is every failure in New York going to be blamed on coaching?

Ya'll gonna start trashing Woodson like ya'll trashed D'Antoni soon?

Thank God, D'antoni moved on to greener pastures, where people can stop being unfair to him.

And it's a damn shame the Hawks fired Woodson. So uncalled for.

Last edited:
well knicks fans.

theres always next year
happy.gif

Is every failure in New York going to be blamed on coaching?

Ya'll gonna start trashing Woodson like ya'll trashed D'Antoni soon?

The switch in playing style has been so outrageous. So yes.

Of course some of it falls on the guys. If JR Smith wasn't playing like utter crap, their style might not seem as far off and more similar to what we've been seeing.

But to me it seems like Woodson said, "this is the playoffs. We need to play playoff basketball." and proceeded to play a style they haven't really used, cutting the minutes of players that have helped them

Last edited:
The Knicks have been playing at a slow playoff pace all year - the difference is during the year they took and made a ton of 3s and barely turned the ball over. This slow pace worked in the favor of Boston and especially Indy + 3s aren't as easy to come by in the playoffs when teams don't leave one dimensional shooters open (Kidd, Novak)

Kareem's Abdul-Jabbar's son doing an AMA on Reddit
He lied to my mom and told her that if she would lower the amount of child support he had to pay a month that he would always be there for us. My Mom had to clean houses for 40-50 dollars an hour, sometimes being forced to leve me alone for hours by myself in waiting for her in the car or at home, just to feed us and give us a place to live and the child support mostly went toward my education. She also had to sell a large amount of her jewelry to support us at one point. Eventually during my senior year of hight school it turned into a legal battle that my parent draged me into without telling me what was happening. It ruined my life, and also my relationship with both my parents untill recently.I was on the verge of commiting suicide, stoped eating and had no will to live anymore. It is pretty recently that I got over it and its probably the reason I feel so comfortable speaking my mind now, to my dad or anyonelse.

Last edited:
It all comes down to the Pacers not doubling Melo. Therefore we have 0 open 3s and if we do get one we miss it cuz the whole team decided to be cold in the most important time of the season.

pacers double melo = hockey assist = open 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom