Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trade would have been fine if Nene/Wall (or even one of them) was healthy. What it's proven is that both Ariza/Okafor have about the same value as Rashard Lewis if he was still in this same scenario (minus Wall/Nene).

Obviously, it's not looking good...hindsight is 20/20, but I wonder what could have been done differently via trade. We can all hypothesize about who would have looked good as an amnesty casualty signing - but what what we're overlooking is that players have to WANT to sign somewhere before using the pen on the contract. DC obviously isn't that destination.

HORRIBLE game tonight. The worst one they've played all season. Even with being 0-5 at the time, the team competed and was in every game that they played. Nene's status is up in the air, but Wall is due back by the end of November (hopefully). Just having one of those dudes back will make a difference. It's not looking good in DC right now. This team needs some sort of shake up and or the return of Wall/Nene. If not, we may be looking at a sub 15 win team. EVERYTHING hinges on those two.
I believe that to be partly BS because once teams show players the money, they'll sign.

And people were knocking me for expressing my disdain for the moves the Wizards made last season. I appreciated dumping Blatche, Young, and Lewis.......poor character and low IQ guys, but look who came in return?

Wizards have ZERO athleticism.

I've seen some bad Bullets/Wizards teams over the last 15+ years......but this one is a contender for worst of the worst.

Was Calderon's the first triple dub of the year?
Greg Monroe had a triple double last week.

Royce White statement:
In hindsight, perhaps it was not a good idea to be open and honest about my anxiety disorder, due to the current situations at hand that involve the nature of actions from the Houston Rockets. As a rookie, I want to settle into a team and make progress; but since preseason the Rockets have been inconsistent with their agreement to proactively create a healthy and successful relationship. At this point the Rockets are aware of my position and the reason for my absence. Any other response is inaccurate. This is important to me. It is a health issue. I must advocate for my rights. It is a player-commodity league. The failure to meet my requests for support will end with me being unhealthy and that is not a consequence that I am willing to accept to play any sport.

Yikes.

I believe that to be partly BS because once teams show players the money, they'll sign.

Meh...to an extent. Outside of Gilbert Arenas, this team/city has had little-to-no luck in luring middle of the pack to star FAs.

Brand/Scola would have been nice, but both guys signed with teams that have better chances of winning on a nightly basis. I can't blame them for their decisions.

Greg Monroe had a triple double last week.
Royce White statement:
Yikes.

Damn...I'm pulling for Royce, but I'm sticking w/ my prediction that he'll be out of the league (on his own accord) in 2-3 years max.

Meh...to an extent. Outside of Gilbert Arenas, this team/city has had little-to-no luck in luring middle of the pack to star FAs.
Brand/Scola would have been nice, but both guys signed with teams that have better chances of winning on a nightly basis. I can't blame them for their decisions.
They didn't sign, they got claimed by the teams.

They didn't sign, they got claimed by the teams.

I stand corrected...makes me even madder that the Wizards could have had either of those guys, particularly Scola. >:

*As far as signing FAs, the money is great...but no one is going to sign with DC until things look like they're trending upwards. Gil was a fluke. Dude flipped a coin between here and LAC (seriously).

Last edited:
See man, some of y'all...
He doesn't deserve to be in the league now? Alright man...
i know, i wouldn't go that far just because he missed that shot. he made 3's right before that that gave them the lead and had some really good assists. 

Ohh snap, that was Rasheed who said that? :rofl: :rofl:

I heard it, but because I was reading something on the comp., I thought it was an aflac duck commercial like the ones they show during college football games.

Sheed is a foo' for that one...:lol:

you cant tell me overrated *** granger means this much to the pacers?

hey you roy hibbert fans not a word from you this season. dude is a avg center in the NBA

1-4 in the playoffs.....Just saying....

They were handicapped and missing tons of talent playing a Heat team that was full strength...their back court isn't even in the NBA anymore man, completely unfair. The Thunder lost 4-1 too I believe...

5-0, regardless

I know the Wizards' two best players are injured (Wall and Nene), but they look terrible. The Okafor and Ariza trade looks worse and worse as each game passes.

JJ's*But their contracts end in two seasons*JJ's

The Wizards are a catastrophe of a franchise, least DC has RGIII and the Nats now

you cant tell me overrated *** granger means this much to the pacers?

hey you roy hibbert fans not a word from you this season. dude is a avg center in the NBA
Granger is still their best perimeter player, not to mention too many people gassed George to make a massive jump in development.

Royce man :\

Like I understand he has a disorder, I'm very sensitive to these psychological disorders.. theres a few in the family, and i deal with one myself..

But Mannnn Either the rockets aren't helping him out with the bus rides, or he's just done with basketball.
Why doesn't he take medication for it for the flights??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom