Official NBA 2012-2013 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thunder would not be "fine" without KD.

let's not forget that Bosh, Wade and the rest of them would do pretty well in the east without lebron

I think Durant gets it this year. I don't really care much about these awards honestly. Except that refs give MVP's better treatment I guess.

Voter fatigue will be the only reason LeBron doesnt get MVP. Interesting article though, but the stat differences between the areas that they highlighted to try and bolster their KD argument are so close to Lebrons( 2 more points on one less shot for example) and they for obviously neglect the fact that LeBron is rebounding and assisting better. Not saying that KD doesnt have a shot of getting it, he will finish second IMO but when you stack up the numbers its obvious that Lebron should get it, and from the eye test the Thunder would still be fine without KD, if the Heat lost LeBron they would absolutely suck.

Timmy and Steph
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
laugh.gif

The Thunder would be fine without KD? 

Wow
In comparison to what the Heat would be without LeBron yes. Right after the comma I said that. The "fine" is relative.
Thats the thing, I dont think they would. LeBron leaves and they lose their best ball handler, passer, rebounder, scorer, defender, fast break player. He basically is that team IMO and if he got hurt it would be an implosion. He carries like 90% of the workload on his back.

Last edited:
Chris Paul deserves it man, the Clippers won 32 games without him the year before he came. He completely changed that franchise himself in one calendar year.

KD and LeBron will always be in discussion but so far to me Chris Paul has to be MVP.

I'd love to see Melo get the MVP, and KD is my dude, but as of right now it either has to go to Bron or CP3. LeBron has scored over 20 points in all 30+ games that have been played so far this season. He fill stat sheets like no one else. With pieces falling apart and coming back to life all around him, he has been the constant for Miami. And CP3 singularly changed the culture of the Clippers. If they keep winning at this rate he'll be at the top of many lists. For Melo to get the award he'll need to maintain his current level of production, the Knicks will need a high seed, and he'll need Miami and LAC to fall off a bit. KD is the longshot imo. His circumstances just aren't compelling enough.

CP3 has the best bench in the league, he's only playing 33 minutes and his on/off court numbers are identical. I don't get putting him with LeBron and Durant if we're handing out MVP right now.

CP3 has the best bench in the league, he's only playing 33 minutes and his on/off court numbers are identical. I don't get putting him with LeBron and Durant if we're handing out MVP right now.
I agree and that is a great point you brought up.

mean.gif
sick.gif
 some of these guys yall want in the HOF

and Kevin love is still the best PF in the game hands down

Best bench in the league? Okay, maybe.

LeBron has Wade, Bosh, Ray Allen, and other sharp shooters.

CP3 only playing 33 mins because he's leading his team to double digit victories, it's insane.

The Heat have been losing to really bad teams this season, LeBron doesn't deserve it so far. Maybe KD but KD seriously disappears in the flow of the game sometimes in OKC (due to Westbrook).

CP3 needs an MVP in his career. Why not this year if the Clippers continue

I'd love to see Melo get the MVP, and KD is my dude, but as of right now it either has to go to Bron or CP3. LeBron has scored over 20 points in all 30+ games that have been played so far this season. He fill stat sheets like no one else. With pieces falling apart and coming back to life all around him, he has been the constant for Miami. And CP3 singularly changed the culture of the Clippers. If they keep winning at this rate he'll be at the top of many lists. For Melo to get the award he'll need to maintain his current level of production, the Knicks will need a high seed, and he'll need Miami and LAC to fall off a bit. KD is the longshot imo. His circumstances just aren't compelling enough.
Ya'll realize none of that changing the culture **** ya'll talking has nothing to do when it comes time to vote for MVP? You're judged on what you did on the floor in the regular season and nothing more.

Kevin Durant is currently in the 50-90-40 category for shooting %s which only 5 players have EVER done and his team is currently #1 in the Western Conference with the top overall record in the NBA.

That ain't "compelling" enough? Obviously this is all premature but saying he is the longshot is ridiculous. 

Last edited:
CP3 only playing 33 mins because he's leading his team to double digit victories, it's insane.
The Heat have been losing to really bad teams this season, LeBron doesn't deserve it so far. Maybe KD but KD seriously disappears in the flow of the game sometimes in OKC (due to Westbrook).
He might "need" one in your eyes, but he isn't having a better year than KD or Bron.

I'll take that AK-47, Barea, get our 1st rdr back, and Dwill for Rudy and Wroten deal.
i see u throwing out all these trade ideas for rudy and zbo yet say memphis is a title contender

dont u just want this season to play out and see what your team is and how far it came go before you make any type of moves?

The logic you dudes have is ridiculous 
laugh.gif

Lebron doesn't deserve it due to losing to really bad teams...and yet they still have the top record in the East.

KD "disappears in the flow of the game"...and is meanwhile top 3 in scoring. 

Does that really make sense to you?

I hate this line of thinking. This is the same thing people were saying in '08 when they gave it to Kobe over CP3.

Last edited:
@ZachLowe_NBA Memphis has had recent conversations w/ other teams about trading Rudy Gay. What deals might work? http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-t...y-gay-dilemma-if-hes-dealt-where-will-he-land
I'll take that AK-47, Barea, get our 1st rdr back, and Dwill for Rudy and Wroten deal.
If Memphis really deals Gay instead of Randolph.... Man
mean.gif

I hate this line of thinking. This is the same thing people were saying in '08 when they gave it to Kobe over CP3.
I do too, but sadly its real and hold a lot of weight. That being said Chris Paul does not NEED one, hes not on the same level of Kobe career and legacy wise. Kobe NEEDED one.

Look man, the Heat haven't been playing stellar basketball this season. Their defense has been poor and they haven't came to play on plenty of occasions. With the roster the Heat have they should be blowing teams out the window the way the Clippers have. It's going to be scary when they start playing in the playoffs everyone is going to be screwed. But as of right now I wouldn't say Lebron deserves it over CP3, even tho he's the best player on the planet. Steve Nash won two MVP's what would prevent CP3 from winning one?

Just saying, CP3 means so much more to the Clippers than what people give him credit for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom