Official NBA 2k15 Thread

I honestly don't remember bro I'll see if I can jog my memory tho, you like the third guy to ask

:evil: I was one of the 3 :lol:

After playing 2k over the weekend (all games against the CPU), I'm really enjoying it. I'm using a guy from OS slider sets and playing on Superstar and the game (for the most part) is really fun. For the first time ever, I have yet to win a game against the CPU. :x I came very close to winning a couple of games and even came back from 16 down in the 4th against the Spurs w/ the Grizz (missed a jumper with VC to take it into OT).

In this game, you cannot make any errors (defensively or offensively) or its going to cost you. On the past 2k's, I was so use to being able to recover on a lot of missed assignments defensively or get away with a few dumb passes, but you simply cannot do that in this year's game. You are punished by the CPU if you mess up. I'm definitely seeing improvement in my player in each game (just making smarter passes, adjusting on defense, etc.). I love the fact that Belinelli can guard Lebron and Lebron completely takes advantage of the mismatch. You can definitely tell the difference between a great/good defender and a terrible one in the game. The CPU also seems to recognize when there is a mismatch.

My only concern with the game is my shooting %. I use Real Player %, but I miss a lot of wide open 3's and a lot of close shots. I run my plays to get guys open and I'm rarely awarded with a make from outside. At first, I was thinking it was due to me playing with the Grizz who are a average/below average offensive team, but then I start playing with the Warriors and Spurs. It got a little better, but I still experienced these droughts of missing a lot of GOOD shots. I increased the slider set for the User a little higher in each shooting category and the results were better. I didn't play a full game, so I'll still be testing it out throughout the week. The bad part about all of this is that the CPU gets the same shots, but they will make the majority of them. :lol:

The other dislike about the game is the change of the euro step. I never thought of myself as one to abuse the euro step in the previous 2k's, but it kinda sucks that I had a hard time playing the way Manu plays due to the difficulty of pulling off a euro :lol: . I would pretty much get the perfect pick to get Manu into the lane only to end up shooting a jumper (by error) or pulling off some dribble move. It just seems like holding the right analog away from the goal doesn't always work.

Other Cons:

- substitutions not always happening during play stoppage. a lot of times, this forces me to foul or burn a timeout because my players are not coming into the game

- big men fading away too much when they post up. hopefully, this can be patched

- whenever i'm running a play and the "X" lights up above the player i suppose to pass it to, my player sometimes passes it to another player. it forces me to bring up the passing icons when that should not be the case

- the way players block alley oops. they literally swat the ball all the way down the court some times :lol: . its not even when i throw them, but when i prevent them from happening. sometimes, a player should be able to simply tip the ball or grab it

- going after loose balls...it seems like the CPU gets 95% of the loose balls
- the commentary sucks
- the "shot clock buzzer" accuracy. the CPU make shots when the shot clock is running down a little too much. this is with me fully covering them

- players get seriously injured too much (at least in quick games). in like 4 out of the 10 or so games i played, someone got a season ending injury. Kobe had a torn patella, Conley broke his ankle, Love broke his ankle. i'm not sure if anyone experienced a lot of this in other modes, but 40% of the injuries that happen in the NBA are not season ending.

Other Pros:

- rotations are better this year. i never liked using auto subs because the rotations would not make any sense, but its much better this year. outside of the 1Q, the rotations are solid.

- the freelance offense is a thing of beauty. the spurs are actually more fun to play with this year because of their swing offense w/ motion cuts
- the pick n roll ...i love the fact that you have full control of the pick n roll this year. players who are great at it can definitely breakdown the defense. saw this a lot with ginobili

- the CPU taking midrange jumpers. one of the most realistic plays i saw was dion waiters coming off a down screen and pulling up for a mid range jumper. looked. exactly. like. real. life. bruh.

I'm sure there's more stuff I'm missing, but I had a blast playing the game over the weekend. It was my first time actually putting some hours into the game. I lost every game against the CPU, but it has nothing to do with the CPU cheesing or anything. I have yet to play MyLeague, MyGM, MyCareer because I'm waiting to get fully adjusted to the game. Plus, I know there will be a patch coming out probably at the end of this month and bedwardsroy is still making changes to the roster. I'll probably start MyLeague in a few weeks.

Last edited:
resize-2.jpg

:wow: :wow:
Who dat cuzzzzzzz :evil: don't tell me shorty frrom 2ktv...I needs dat :smokin

Other Cons:
- big men fading away too much when they post up. hopefully, this can be patched

- the "shot clock buzzer" accuracy. the CPU make shots when the shot clock is running down a little too much. this is with me fully covering them
1. Tendencies. They need to be adjusted for the post moves.
2. Classic 2K

1. Tendencies. They need to be adjusted for the post moves.
2. Classic 2K

I was thinking the engine, since bedwardsroy did the tendencies. He usually has it on point, but I'll look into that later today and test it out.

As far as defense, I can only imagine how tough it is to play online if its difficult offline :lol: . If your controller settings are on "0" for defensive assist strength, its even harder. I may not even participate in an online league this year because the servers are trash.

Man there is like a 0.5 second delay. It is impossible to stay in front of an offensive player. No more online games for me. Not fun at all

One thing that is confusing. If you look in the tendencies of the players, their shots don't equal up to 100%.

Take Blake for instance. His post shots read as:
Right Hook: 20
Left Hook: 35
Fade Left: 35
Fade Right: 30
Shimmy Post Shot: 30
Post Hop Shot: 35
Post Step Back: 35

Now I don't know if they are SUPPOSED to equal 100% but I would assume so?

why can't i run pick n roll at any given time with any given player as the screener in MyCareer? Plays are cool, but Im 10x more productive just running pick n roll as the ball handler. CPU baits every single lane and its easy assist or score.

but half the time i come up the court and press circle to no avail. or even when circle isn't letting you chose the screen guy, square doesnt even work. I'll come up and jack a halfcourst shot, HOLDING square. (ps4). i guess i understand when im in there as a SG, but the damn PG should be able to call a screen at any given time from any given player regardless of any other factor in the game :lol:

Last edited:
^ I always call for a quick isolation FIRST and then ask for a PnR. Sometimes the PnR command doesn't register because the team is trying to set up for a play to be run. So use the Quick Iso to cancel that out, and to spread the floor, and then call for the screen

^yooo, and it super sucks when you keep getting kicked off the damn 2k servers. already frustrated :lol:

"hey guys..
hey guys..
hey guys..
hey guys.."

B**TCH!

Last edited:
Has anyone messed around with the Hawks? korver has some BEAUTIFUL plays. Check out his post flares and post gives. Awesome decoy plays - especially if you're putting in work with Milsap.

I have maybe 3 games left in my career and I haven't ran into doc. Maybe b/c the bucks had already played them by the time I was signed.

They are milking my free agency since I'm putting up numbers. Kendall Marshall and Brandon knight hate me :lol:

Back
Top Bottom