Official NBA 2K18 Thread | Available Now

I kind of feel like the missed layups are realistic, at least the conversion rate. Look at their percentages for guys in the league finishing at the paint.

I do feel like I should be finishing on Melo with ease if my guy is a 6'6" SG though.

I kind of feel like the missed layups are realistic, at least the conversion rate. Look at their percentages for guys in the league finishing at the paint.

I do feel like I should be finishing on Melo with ease if my guy is a 6'6" SG though.

I'm talking wide open missed layups, coming off a pick driving free to the rim and just completely bricking a layup naaaaaaaaaaaah bruh

I'm talking wide open missed layups, coming off a pick driving free to the rim and just completely bricking a layup naaaaaaaaaaaah bruh

Yeah that's inexcusable. I don't think I blow very many uncontested layups. But I do miss a lot of contested layups.

Haven't gotten used to the new free throw animations yet either

Slow as hell compared to 2K17. I be bricking most my shots at the line :smh:

Haven't played yet, but the way ya'll describe the layups, did they slightly change the shot/layup mechanics? anyone actually hit up the documentation to check?

I say this each year. Throughout the history of basketball video games, layups EASILY went in at an unrealistically high rate. So when we get anything close to realism is presented, we think it is too much. Plus based on past history, people don't what an open/wide open layup really is. (In the context of 2K).

2K uses PROXIMITY (awareness) to determine how open someone is. Defensive stats of the closest defender in proximity of the shooter alters the potential shot %. Height also plays a role. Fatigue plays a role. Momentum plays a role.

So it isn't just a "Layup in a vacuum" that is being missed, there are other factors. But again, provide videos for context and send it to DEVS on social media, or post them here if you chose.

Also people have a hard time accepting that THEY are at fault for their own missed layups. Typical human mentality. We all do it. But I always feel layups go in too high of rate out of the box. I usually turn mine down to 42 in the sliders.

Ok. So I figured it out. I was in the practice training fact. while training for badges and I went to do a dunk and it did a lay up instead, but it said late release instead. So I started doing it over and over, each time, it graded my release time.

So it's not like the old 2k('s) where you just hold down the button or stick to get a lay up/dunk animation, you actually have to time it, it's not hard either.

From a pro am game Saturday, my boy scored 60 lol.. not an 85 overall or higher either believe he was a 75 or so at the time 3 pt shooting not maxed out either.

Attachments

• IMG_7645.JPG
    IMG_7645.JPG
    355 KB · Views: 16
my boys are the #1 team in pro am in the country right now

don't know if you guys play but dirty meire and the boyz is their name

its one reason why i still have yet to buy the game. I have the $60 to buy it and then i got the $50 to get 200k VC but theres just no point
im done giving extra money to this company.

I payed $70 for madden i got an 85 OVR team with no money spent and had up to 600k coins until i went ham on my offense.

I would love to play Pro-am, park thats all i was about last 2 years tho that know me in here will know that. i just dont got it in me to pay the extra $50 and ON TOP OF THAT have to grind for badges ect. 2k is dead anymore

ill buy it eventually to play the gamebattle matches with the real NBA teams other then that madden MUT Squads is awesome

Last edited:
Did Lavar write his own texts, man? Sounds just like him.:rofl:

I wanna know too. I think there were like 1-2 direct quotes from him in there. Like the "Lonzo had ROY wrapped up since he was birth" line, he really said that in real life lol

he doesn't text you that much. That's only the 2nd or 3rd time talking to him and I have played like 20 games or so.

Haven't played MyCareer at all yet but do they explain WHY you're talking to Lavar in the first place?

If I'm a rookie in the league why TF I wanna be talking to that dude for or need anything from him? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom