Official NBA Swingman Jersey Thread! Show your collections, legit checks are welcome!

I don't get why there is a swingman thread.

Why don't you pay a little more and get the authentic?

Or just get less jerseys. I would rather have one authentic than three swingman.

i love the authentics, but $300 for the jersey they put out now is ridiculous and absurd

before Adidas made glorified "rev 30 swingmans," which are basically the old replica jerseys except with stitched numbers, swingmans were justifiable. the material they use now is disgusting, further proving my point that Adidas is the got damn devil and worst thing to happen to the NBA

btw, ASG jerseys are on sale basically 50 off
http://store.nba.com/Jerseys/on_sale/yes?ab=NBA_Sale_Jerseys_111913

Last edited:
I think Adidas swingmans have better quality than their authentics, :lol:

I think their contract is up in 3 or 4 years, tho.

Hopefully someone else takes over and does a better job.

Further to what some of you guys were discussing a few pages back re: Euro/INTL HWC Swingmans, yes it's true most of the latest releases here in London for sale in either Footlocker or adidas have been "bare bones" in the jock tag department.

Even ALL the latest standard Swingmans (including the sleeved Swingmans) now are sold without even having the size i.e. S, M, L etc displayed on the jock tag. It's just a blank tag with the NBA logo.

Really bad decision making in my opinion by adidas for the Euro/INTL market, but then again so what else is new with adidas.

I'd encourage any UK users on here to use a brilliant proxy service called UK American Sports Store to order the proper gear from US retailers and not this wack Euro substitute stuff.

Further to what some of you guys were discussing a few pages back re: Euro/INTL HWC Swingmans, yes it's true most of the latest releases here in London for sale in either Footlocker or adidas have been "bare bones" in the jock tag department.

Even ALL the latest standard Swingmans (including the sleeved Swingmans) now are sold without even having the size i.e. S, M, L etc displayed on the jock tag. It's just a blank tag with the NBA logo.

Really bad decision making in my opinion by adidas for the Euro/INTL market, but then again so what else is new with adidas.

I'd encourage any UK users on here to use a brilliant proxy service called UK American Sports Store to order the proper gear from US retailers and not this wack Euro substitute stuff.

UK American Sports Store is good, Very pricey though IMO

is the jock tag really that important? I hear you in the case of jerseys lacking detail/accuracy compared to the standard US version, like those all-star swingmans you talked about - that's just silly.

It's a bit of a mess but as far as I know the HWC swingmans are not really any different besides the tagging/logo - and to me no logo on the shoulder is a plus.

Last edited:
is the jock tag really that important? I hear you in the case of jerseys lacking detail/accuracy compared to the standard US version, like those all-star swingmans you talked about - that's just silly.
It's a bit of a mess but as far as I know the HWC swingmans are not really any different besides the tagging/logo - and to me no logo on the shoulder is a plus.

I think in terms of buying from eBay or some other non "official" seller it is. Helps verify authenticity, at least IMO. That's what I'm getting out of the conversation. That being said it really makes NO sense to have different versions to sell here in the US or overseas.

it certainly makes it confusing on ebay but at the end of the day most fakes are based on the US version so I often find it a bit easier to tell if an Intl HWC jersey is legit - as long as you're familiar with them.

As for the rationale behind those differences, let's not even go there lol

I think the jock tag does make a big difference for me as a collector when it's missing the detail you see on US HWC Soul Swingmans eg. Years jersey style was worn, team logo, player name etc.

As for the lack of trefoil on the collar that's a little bonus, but then again these are Swingmans.

What are old school Champion Jerseys going for? More specifically.. a pippen, grant hill, and eddie jones in LA yellow  
nthat.gif

I think Adidas swingmans have better quality than their authentics,
laugh.gif

I think their contract is up in 3 or 4 years, tho.

Hopefully someone else takes over and does a better job.
ppl want nike but nike was with nba from 1999-2005 i think but i think nike will take over plus jordan takes charlotte hornets jerseys

ppl want nike but nike was with nba from 1999-2005 i think but i think nike will take over plus jordan takes charlotte hornets jerseys
it was 1999-2002 and then reebok took over until 2006 then the rest with Adidas. Nike didn't agree with NBA rules of endorsement that dictate them to endorse all NBA team, Nike would only took big market teams (Miami, LA, NYK, Chicago,etc) because more profit for them

Nike will not go for the contract when it's up. It will either be Adidas again or Under Armour.

Back
Top Bottom