Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

I'm looking to purchase my 1st pair of New Balances. How do these run size wise? I'm looking at the 997PR. I normally wear a size 12 in sneakers. Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

I was in Orlando last week and hit up the NB factory store on International in the premium outlets.  had several made in the USA NBs and even the military grey 998s from jcrew from 8-9.5 i think.  too small for me.  ended up with some UK576, 998RO and 998GGO for $50 each + 15% off thanks to one of the sales guys being a fellow collector.

they had other pairs but not in my sz12 that were not as discounted (990BD for $120, some 1300s for $120 as well), so i didnt look too hard.  definitely worth a look.
Were the 998s marked down to $50 permanently? Or was it a special weekend sale.

My local had the 998GO for $90 a weeks ago. Passed but $50 would be lovely.

I'm looking to purchase my 1st pair of New Balances. How do these run size wise? I'm looking at the 997PR. I normally wear a size 12 in sneakers. Thanks for any help.
Check my signature for a sizing chart.

Not to come off rude, but if you would've simply read the last page and the page before that, you would've read that there was a question asking about sizing and my answer. Try to use the search function as well.

For anyone that's ordered off of END, did you get hit with a customs charge?  And if so, how much?  Thanks in advance.

I see that the sizing chart has nothing for 997s, go with the 998 sizing I would recommend

To gauge interest, is anyone here willing to go through updating the sizing chart again as some models have been released and it would be great to get it updated.

Check my signature for a sizing chart.

Not to come off rude, but if you would've simply read the last page and the page before that, you would've read that there was a question asking about sizing and my answer. Try to use the search function as well.

Thanks! Must of missed your post. I went back about 4 pages looking for any info on the 997PR. Thanks for the info all!

The Japan Pack 580's are kinda poppin' mane. Especially the khaki one's.

Anybody grab these yet? Quality? Fit?

smokin.gif

Were the 998s marked down to $50 permanently? Or was it a special weekend sale.

My local had the 998GO for $90 a weeks ago. Passed but $50 would be lovely.
Not sure.  None of the pairs I bought were even on display.  I just asked the sales guy if they had an USA NBs in a 12 and he did some digging.  Chopped it up a bit more and he looked even harder for some other pairs he remembered.

My local NB outlet (Houston) has the GGO for 120 still so i was amped to find these for $50.

To gauge interest, is anyone here willing to go through updating the sizing chart again as some models have been released and it would be great to get it updated.

I'd help with a few pairs. Don't own enough different models to give huge input though.

I'd help with a few pairs. Don't own enough different models to give huge input though.
as long as you can provide an honest response, 1 pair or 100 pairs doesn't matter.

i think we can ultimately get a good sizing chart if people take the survey seriously

as long as you can provide an honest response, 1 pair or 100 pairs doesn't matter.

i think we can ultimately get a good sizing chart if people take the survey seriously

I'm happy to help, though I am a b/c in width and have to size down on my NBs to avoid heel slip. For example, I wear 10.5/11 in NIke, but 9.5/10 in NB.

Newbalance.com just put up more sizes of the 998MDs. I just used the Retailmenot code posted a few pages back to cop for $145 shipped.

I picked up both these pairs from a vintage clothing store on the bay for 40 each. Can anyone help me figure out the year range of when they were made? These 496 were released as a made in Asia pair this past year, but other than that I haven't been able to find many pairs for reference. The 665 I haven't seen anywhere but one blog from Italy.

My apologies if these have been posted. (Haven't followed the thread for a bit) But these are Pure FIRE. Price range is too steep for me.. But thought I would post anyway

http://sneakerpolitics.com/collections/new/products/new-balance-m996pr-distinct-collection
I'm not buying these either but in case people aren't aware, the price is so steep because the leather on the heel is bison leather. Like holy **** how many sneaker companies do you know that would put ******* bison leather on a GR? And make it in America? And the rest is all premium pigskin? 

I'm not buying these either but in case people aren't aware, the price is so steep because the leather on the heel is bison leather. Like holy **** how many sneaker companies do you know that would put ******* bison leather on a GR? And make it in America? And the rest is all premium pigskin? 

Anyone happen to know how these or 996 sizing run?
I got the jcrew Indy in 10 after being recommended to go half size down. So I'm a regular 10.5 thanks in advance needed these and pair of the 1300 denim

Anybody have the 998ch?

Haven't decided between these and the 997gy.

Just read a few pages back. I brought up the exact same topic in discussion.
I ended up buying the 997GY's first but will buy the 998CH's soon as well.

Walter..

hate to be the one that asks a sizing question but do the 998 tannery's fit the same as other 998's? Can't recall if someone said they fit bigger or not. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom