Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

just got in 997dte in today they are butter soft and colors are perfect

Hey, do they re release in 2015 ????
Cheers
some people said their local stores were getting their pairs in february...time will tell.  

got my 997dte's in today.  its a nice shoe...but i think my right shoe was the display pair so the buttery suede isnt so buttery anymore :frown:

Last edited:
anyone grabbing those 998GRs? Rookie NB question, but what are the major differences between 997s and 998s? I know the 997s cost a lot more, but I'm debating between 997DTEs (on sale) and 998GRs (retail) for $140.

Last edited:

anyone grabbing those 998GRs? Rookie NB question, but what are the major differences between 997s and 998s? I know the 997s cost a lot more, but I'm debating between 997DTEs (on sale) and 998GRs (retail) for $140.
they're different models, both a crowd favorite.  it's preference..

i would say generally better materials are used on 997 than 998.  get the pair that you like more and the pair that you think you will wear the most.  

they're different models, both a crowd favorite.  it's preference..

i would say generally better materials are used on 997 than 998.  get the pair that you like more and the pair that you think you will wear the most.  
Yeah, tough call. The DTE seems like a better deal, but I think the 998GR cw is more wearable. Another option would be to wait for the 997CCF...
laugh.gif

Major difference is 997 uses a better cushioning system than 998 does

998s are like Jordan III's, they're a crowd favorite.  Take a pic and #998 and u'll cop instant likes on IG.  997s have been mia for over 20 years and have just been retro'd this year.  Think of 997s as Jordan VI's for 2014...it's the current "it" shoe.  Regardless which pair u cop, u'll be rocking heaters.  FYI, stay away from Ronnie Fieg asian-made new balances or else u'll be considered a hypebeast.

998s are like Jordan III's, they're a crowd favorite.  Take a pic and #998 and u'll cop instant likes on IG.  997s have been mia for over 20 years and have just been retro'd this year.  Think of 997s as Jordan VI's for 2014...it's the current "it" shoe.  Regardless which pair u cop, u'll be rocking heaters.  FYI, stay away from Ronnie Fieg asian-made new balances or else u'll be considered a hypebeast.
You just compared new balances to jays that's messed up lol and telling Someone to stay away from Asian made nbs when those are much better than jays

Last edited:

aside from the subtle differences in the upper, the biggest difference is the midsole.  the 997 is a hybrid midsole with 2 technologies mixed together.  encap and some other.  if you look at the medial side midsole on the 997, you can see where the 2 materials meet.  also the outsole on the 997 is super chunky, which gives you almost a bootlike sound when you walk on hardwood floors.  the 998 uses the abzorb midsole which is softer, more flexible, whatnot. 

Show Gallery 580s for 209.99 sizes 11.5,12,13. On 23penny.com

Dude is legit. Met him once or twice. Does good business.

aside from the subtle differences in the upper, the biggest difference is the midsole.  the 997 is a hybrid midsole with 2 technologies mixed together.  encap and some other.  if you look at the medial side midsole on the 997, you can see where the 2 materials meet.  also the outsole on the 997 is super chunky, which gives you almost a bootlike sound when you walk on hardwood floors.  the 998 uses the abzorb midsole which is softer, more flexible, whatnot. 

Nice. Never knew that.

Just got my SG 580s in today, definitely go a half size down on those, i like roomier toeboxes but this is way too roomy, and quality is, shall we say, not even close to the UK or US made NBs...  cool shoe tho

Just got my SG 580s in today, definitely go a half size down on those, i like roomier toeboxes but this is way too roomy, and quality is, shall we say, not even close to the UK or US made NBs...  cool shoe tho
mind taking a pic/listing the box size conversion on those?

mind taking a pic/listing the box size conversion on those?
The conversion is listed as US 10.5, UK 10, 44.5 EU, 28.5 CM...  is that what you needed?  There is no chart that lists all the size conversions on the box.  FWIW when i push my foot up to the front of the toebox i still have 1/2"+ of room in there...if you like a snug fit i might even go 1 size down...  Hope that helps-

TTS or half size down on Daytonas? Also, love the 998 although it feels like my heel is always slippin. Even went half size down. An awkward feel like there's not enough room above my foot if that makes sense? Hope a different insole will change that

TTS or half size down on Daytonas? Also, love the 998 although it feels like my heel is always slippin. Even went half size down. An awkward feel like there's not enough room above my foot if that makes sense? Hope a different insole will change that
998s fit long on me too, and i sized down half from my usual Nike/Asics size.

I just lace them up all the way and my heel doesn't slip too much.

And I believe you should go half down on the Daytonas. Been keeping my eye out for a pair myself.

Back
Top Bottom