Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

bought a pair of the 999 seals off of packershoes just now. i love that shoe. glad i was able to pick them up for not that much over retail. anyone looking for them should definitely check them out.

bought a pair of the 999 seals off of packershoes just now. i love that shoe. glad i was able to pick them up for not that much over retail. anyone looking for them should definitely check them out.
$200 really isn't bad for the quality you're getting. Easily one of the highest quality shoes in my collection.

^ i'm happy to spend that money. that's what i've heard about the quality. if its much better than the salmon soles then definitely!

^ i'm happy to spend that money. that's what i've heard about the quality. if its much better than the salmon soles then definitely!
Quality on the Salmon Soles isn't bad at all, IMO. You're working with a nubuck, so you can't really expect the softness and grain that you can with a premium suede. My only complaint would be the "smooth leather" tongue, which, to quote MrFoamerSimpson, feels more like a yoga mat.

^ MrFoamerSimpson reference haha. His reviews I always find hilarious. And thanks for the love on the Burn Rubbers guys!

Details on the salmon soles dropping via endclothing on Monday:

Hi Darrick,

Thank you for your email.

The Salmon Soles will be released online and in store from 10am on Monday. These will retail at £190.00 / $255.00

As these are super limited we are unable to process any pre sales, so its first come first served. The size range we received was UK 7.5 - UK 11.5

Any further queries please feel free to contact us.

Kind regards,

Wells Bryson - End Clothing Customer Services
Tel: +44 (0)191 231 3983
Email: info@endclothing.co.uk
Web: www.endclothing.co.uk

damn...$255.  Does that include shipping?  gonna have to take the weekend to think about it.  my bank account took a big hit over the past couple of days.

$255 plus shipping?  
laugh.gif

I'm sorry, but this New Balance **** has gotten out of hand here recently.  Never thought I'd see the day where people actually pay this much for NBs on a consistent basis.  

If you've been collecting for a while you would know new balance has a cult following and drops heat that resells for triple its box price consistently for years .Like premium releases been fetching for thst much overseas.

If you've been collecting for a while you would know new balance has a cult following and drops heat that resells for triple its box price consistently for years .Like premium releases been fetching for thst much overseas.
A cult following and what this has become are two entirely different things.  If you've been collecting for awhile, that's something that would be obvious.   

The difference between now and the past is that most of the shoes from the past actually deserved to fetch 3 times over retail.  Not to mention most that did were NOT shoes that released stateside, which meant you were getting taxed off the top.  Very rarely in the past were there U.S. released New Balance that heads were dropping $250 to $300+ for.      

Did you guys know that the Black Pigeons come with black/pink speckled rope laces?

I would love to see a pic with these in them. Now I really cant wait for mine to come in...

@ 1:55

...sucker for cool looking laces 
nerd.gif

Last edited:
A cult following and what this has become are two entirely different things.  If you've been collecting for awhile, that's something that would be obvious.   

The difference between now and the past is that most of the shoes from the past actually deserved to fetch 3 times over retail.  Not to mention most that did were NOT shoes that released stateside, which meant you were getting taxed off the top.  Very rarely in the past were there U.S. released New Balance that heads were dropping $250 to $300+ for.      

+1.

If you've been collecting for a while you would know new balance has a cult following and drops heat that resells for triple its box price consistently for years .Like premium releases been fetching for that much overseas.
But its not a "cult" following anymore. Its mainstream dudes that have hopped on NB in the last year (and as stated above, YEP they have landed on NT)

EDIT: didnt see superblytrife's comment until after I posted ^^^ but yea, pretty much what he said. I think NB has seen what Nike has done and is trying to capitalize on all the beasts just the same, and it has worked. The beasts nowadays dont care about rarity they will drop 300 on a shoe they made 5000 pairs of just because its what is popular at the moment, whereas the stuff that had a $300+ price tag back in the day were shoes like the Solebox collabs (200 or so pairs made).  

Last edited:

+1.
+2

My collection pales in comparison to a lot of NTers that were more active in this thread before the sudden rush of popularity, but it is what it is. I enjoy that more collaborations & colorways are becoming available due to the increased acclaim. However, that comes at a cost. The last few pages kind of signify what I mean. You can basically just use one page as a template as it's essentially the same discussion over and over. Not singling anyone out and am actually not that upset with how things are now as I'm still fortunate to attain items without hassle, but I do miss the old NB thread or, should I say, how it was. A lot of "regulars" left this thread and I really can't blame them...

I don't care what shoe it is. I would never in my life pay these ridiculous resale prices. Hell, I don't even like paying retail for stuff lol. New Balance hype is overblown though. I've never even seen anyone wearing anything other than 2000s, 993s, and 574s in person. The "hype" is still a relatively small group of people and it's all just a bunch of dudes stunting for each other on the internet.

Well, looks like if I want the West NYCs I'm going to have to pay resale. What's the most any of you have spent of them?

Back
Top Bottom