Official New Balance Thread *sizing info for different models on first page*

what happened to those teal arcs? it looks fake, like they used nubuck not suede, especially the N.

Well, looks like if I want the West NYCs I'm going to have to pay resale. What's the most any of you have spent of them?
I'd rather not say...
nerd.gif

what happened to those teal arcs? it looks fake, like they used nubuck not suede, especially the N.
Nah, the 'N' is the same suede as the rest of the shoe. Maybe its the lighting. 

I paid $290 for my West NYC. It doesn't really bother me; I just sold a couple of my older shoes that I don't wear anymore to get the money. I do that with all my shoes. I love the Wests more than the shoes I sold, so it's a win-win in my opinion. 

alright, just trying to help as there are a bunch of you guys new to NB. what i was trying to say was that suede should be much more buttery. it looks like someone took a blade to the shoe and shaved it down or something.

Let me put it this way, if someone offered you a pair for $300 shipped would you take it?
Yeh I would take it...your likely not gunna find 'em any cheaper unless they wind up re-stocking them at some point in the future like they did with the seals. 

...and it all depends how much you want the shoe. I love the West NYC's. One of my favorite sneakers that I own, so to me it was worth it. 

alright, just trying to help as there are a bunch of you guys new to NB. what i was trying to say was that suede should be much more buttery. it looks like someone took a blade to the shoe and shaved it down or something.
Yeh I hear ya, I wasn't getting mad or anything. I appreciate the help because I am pretty new to new balance so I appreciate your concern. I went and checked em out tho just now and they are definitely suede. I compared 'em to some other shoes I have that are nubuck or some variation of nubuck and there is a distinct difference. 

i can see theyre suede with the texture clearly visible in the picture. again, what i was trying to say was the suede on the arcs should be much more buttery than that. the only explanation is someone screwed around with the suede trying to clean it or something, but your post made it seem like they were brand new since you didnt wear them out yet. so i was concerned. dont want to see anyone get got.

Went to Feature today for the first time. Man I been slacking lol someone was on the phone ordering the last pair of salmon's they had. Whoever put me on that spot that spot I will filter through the thread and rep.

Went to Feature today for the first time. Man I been slacking lol someone was on the phone ordering the last pair of salmon's they had. Whoever put me on that spot that spot I will filter through the thread and rep.
haha that was way way back when they had a date scheduled but had to reschedule because of hurricane sandy, one of us posted it...

but I know that more new comers have come to nb and old ones have left, I think there needs to be a thread dedicated to nb collabs since they will probably be more frequent, but until that, I understand people's feelings about it being run with only collab talk... anywho, I'm ready to see my black pigeons, I wish it was black suede but I heard they are better in person.. I also really want those grey/blue 1300s but need them off a real good sale though

I paid $290 for my West NYC. It doesn't really bother me; I just sold a couple of my older shoes that I don't wear anymore to get the money. I do that with all my shoes. I love the Wests more than the shoes I sold, so it's a win-win in my opinion. 
I also paid $290 and definitely feel they are worth it.

I hate to keep complaining about those Farmers Markets but mine are way too uncomfortable. I think I'm going to put mine on eBay to get money for some west NYC.

I hate to keep complaining about those Farmers Markets but mine are way too uncomfortable. I think I'm going to put mine on eBay to get money for some west NYC.
Is it coming mostly from the upper, insoles or both? I usually replace my insoles in most of my footwear anyways, but it may help a bit if your troubles are coming from the foot-bed. I'm not too big on 577s, but they typically have always felt comfortable. (Just didn't like the way they looked on foot.) My Pigeons are in customs right now so I'm hoping that problem in the FMs may be due to rigid materials used in the upper and that these new Flimby models are still true to their reputation as my previous models produced from that factory are still some of my favorites...

It's a bit of everything. I don't care for how they look on feet and walking in them feels like cleats (the way they hit the ground, even the noise when waking in them). A new insole may help but not to a point where I would keep them. Even the uppers hurt the top of my toes as I walk and I keep them tied very loose.

^Sorry to hear that. I was very close to scooping up the olive pair as I love the overall color hues of that model, but I, ultimately, ended-up passing. Despite not being into 577s too much, I'm quite ecstatic to get my Pigeons in to complete the trio. Still wish they would've kept them 575s though...

^Sorry to hear that. I was very close to scooping up the olive pair as I love the overall color hues of that model, but I, ultimately, ended-up passing. Despite not being into 577s too much, I'm quite ecstatic to get my Pigeons in to complete the trio. Still wish they would've kept them 575s though...
I cant wait for my black pigeons to come in. I still need the first ones to complete the trio though, I hardly ever see a pair on eBay let alone in my size. 

I cant wait for my black pigeons to come in. I still need the first ones to complete the trio though, I hardly ever see a pair on eBay let alone in my size. 
Congrats on the pick-up as well!

Back in '08, I had to acquire the grey ones from my connect in New Zealand and then the whites from a cousin in Canada the following year. A lot of solid collaborations from the past are hardly up for grabs anymore because up until 4-5 years ago, they were mostly already in the hands of people who really wanted them with only a few up on the market. Reselling was, is and always will-be a part of this sneaker culture. However, it's definitely changed now. As with any hobby though, the trend will slowly balance & filter itself out...

Last edited:
As with any hobby though, the trend will slowly balance & filter itself out...
How will this occur, though? The reselling trend of today was brought on by the rapid increase in new sneakerheads, with limited releases staying just as limited as they were before. This means the demand for each limited release rises, which raises the resale price. A limited release that would've sold for $200-300 if it released a few years ago would be worth over $500 if it released today, purely based on supply and demand. These dollar signs draw opportunistic kids in, purely interested in reselling to make a quick buck. As long as there are as many sneakerheads out there, and the limited releases stay as limited as they are, I don't see the resellers disappearing any time soon.

Last edited:
I need a pair of those 574 Mojito's. They look very clean, too bad they'll probably be impossible to get.

I need a pair of those 574 Mojito's. They look very clean, too bad they'll probably be impossible to get.
impossible, idk about that, but I'm sure they will eventually spread elsewhere, if you can hold off resale prices, you will get them close to retail

As with any hobby though, the trend will slowly balance

How will this occur, though? The reselling trend of today was brought on by the rapid increase in new sneakerheads, with limited releases staying just as limited as they were before. This means the demand for each limited release rises, which raises the resale price. A limited release that would've sold for $200-300 if it released a few years ago would be worth over $500 if it released today, purely based on supply and demand. These dollar signs draw opportunistic kids in, purely interested in reselling to make a quick buck. As long as there are as many sneakerheads out there, and the limited releases stay as limited as they are, I don't see the resellers disappearing any time soon.
I'm speaking in regards to the new-found popularity of sneaker "collecting" as a whole. However, that ultimately affects reselling so to expand on that, I think you're confusing "sneakerheads" versus fads. Yes, there are more new and potential long-standing collectors in this current day, but that is far outweighed by those temporarily in it for whatever reason(s). Most limited releases are not staying as limited as they were before though. The Seals were supposed to be as limited as the Kennedys that released last year. Now, I can't even count how many times those were replenished. If you want to get technical, a true limited release is a 1-of-X and we certainly didn't have a surplus of releases that fit that category this year or even last. For the most part, a fair amount of people who genuinely want those end-up getting them for retail. That only leaves a select amount of pairs that are able to be resold. (This includes those who regularly line-up to flip and those just entering.) Even then, most true collectors have limitations. Yes, a few are sold at outrageous prices, but only a select few are able to get a taste of that. Now if everyone is a reseller lining up or ordering, you still only have that X amount getting a profit. If you want to give me a lesson on supply & demand, I'd also suggest looking into the theories and consequences of saturation...

Edit: I agree though. I don't see resellers disappearing anytime soon as well. However, I see the concept of it hitting it's peak and then, inevitably, hitting a decline...

Last edited:
impossible, idk about that, but I'm sure they will eventually spread elsewhere, if you can hold off resale prices, you will get them close to retail
Im just terrible with online releases, I never get lucky. I will definitely try for them though and hopefully they end up like all the other collabs and get spread out to other stores across the US. It looks like an amazing summer shoe and the mint leaf lace tag is a nice touch.

500th post btw!!!!! :smokin

Back
Top Bottom